News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
It's better to get buzzed/wobbled in there than get dropped though. Joshua at least stays on his feet more. He's also never been dropped by feather-fisted fighters. Cunningham was 44 lbs lighter than Fury and a cruiserweight when he put him on his ass. Pajkic was 25 lbs lighter when he decked him. The size difference alone in Fury vs Cunningham was staggering. Fury always gets back up but he's not harder to floor.

The perception is that neither Joshua nor Fury have sturdy chins. What Fury has to make up for it is his resilience/recovery as you noted. However, he's still losing those rounds he got dropped in (usually they're scored as automatic 10-8s unless there were point deductions or Fury was able to score a knockdown himself to cancel it out).
Not necessarily, a lot of times going down is a smarter decision than trying to stay on your feet and allowing your opponent the opportunity to land additional punches. Jermell did it when he was dropped by canelo and I think fury did it against wilder in their fights

Well Fury has been shown to be tough to put away, as the wilder fights showed. AJ not so much, so why wouldn't Francis think this way? Any logical non bias fan would think the same way
I think you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Why don't you actually read what Ngannou said. He said Fury was harder to put down which hasn't been the case. He's been dropped more than Joshua even by guys with zero power. Feather-fisted fighters have floored him. That's never happened to Joshua.

I think you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Why don't you actually read what Ngannou said. He said Fury was harder to put down which hasn't been the case. He's been dropped more than Joshua even by guys with zero power. Feather-fisted fighters have floored him. That's never happened to Joshua.
I don't have a reading comprehension problem, you have a problem with being bias towards certain guys and then criticizing others you don't like. Everybody knows AJ has issues with durability at this point, Fury on the other hand is known for resilience and toughness.

I don't have a reading comprehension problem, you have a problem with being bias towards certain guys and then criticizing others you don't like. Everybody knows AJ has issues with durability at this point, Fury on the other hand is known for resilience and toughness.
False accusation. You're not even talking about the same thing Ngannou is. Instead you conveniently moved the goalposts to try and fit your narrative. Specifically you moved the argument from getting dropped to getting stopped. Two things that aren't the same. You can get stopped on your feet. Fury's recovery is great but his actual "chin" (durability) is subpar. He's hit the canvas more than Joshua, against several opponents at that, and some of them are feather-fisted guys that dropped him (Pajkic & Cunningham).

False accusation. You're not even talking about the same thing Ngannou is. Instead you conveniently moved the goalposts to try and fit your narrative. Specifically you moved the argument from getting dropped to getting stopped. Two things that aren't the same. You can get stopped on your feet. Fury's recovery is great but his actual "chin" (durability) is subpar. He's hit the canvas more than Joshua, against several opponents at that, and some of them are feather-fisted guys that dropped him (Pajkic & Cunningham).
He literally says he's probably going to knock out Joshua. You're arguing over pointless semantics over a guy who doesn't even speak english that well when it's clear he's really questioning Joshua's chin and toughness. Fury has shown a chin, that punch in the third wilder fight that initially dropped him was clean as could be and would have most guys even top guys incapacitated, as we have seen in his other fights. Having recovery is related to chin, it's not just a matter of mental fortitude. You see guys struggle and do everything they can to get up but their bodies just won't allow them. That's not a matter of those guys not having the toughness or grit, it's their bodies simply couldn't withstand the trauma and wouldn't allow them to continue no matter how much they tried.

He literally says he's probably going to knock out Joshua. You're arguing over pointless semantics over a guy who doesn't even speak english that well when it's clear he's really questioning Joshua's chin and toughness. Fury has shown a chin, that punch in the third wilder fight that initially dropped him was clean as could be and would have most guys even top guys incapacitated, as we have seen in his other fights. Having recovery is related to chin, it's not just a matter of mental fortitude. You see guys struggle and do everything they can to get up but their bodies just won't allow them. That's not a matter of those guys not having the toughness or grit, it's their bodies simply couldn't withstand the trauma and wouldn't allow them to continue no matter how much they tried.
Francis was specifically talking about the ability to remain upright. Again, read what he actually said. I already posted it earlier in this thread and commented underneath it. Joshua was also on his feet when the ref stopped the first Ruiz fight. So, there's that. It's never been a question about his ability to get back up. He's gotten back to his feet 100% of the time like Fury has. The difference is that Fury is easier to take off his feet. When guys with pillows for fists are dropping you that's a durability issue. Like it or not.

Francis was specifically talking about the ability to remain upright. Again, read what he actually said. I already posted it earlier in this thread and commented underneath it. Joshua was also on his feet when the ref stopped the first Ruiz fight. So, there's that. It's never been a question about his ability to get back up. He's gotten back to his feet 100% of the time like Fury has. The difference is that Fury is easier to take off his feet. When guys with pillows for fists are dropping you that's a durability issue. Like it or not.
Both guys have shown instances of vulnerability, but in fury's case he has also shown an ability to take a punch. Joshua has not, so until he shows that hes going to be known as a guy with a questionable chin, simple as that. You can keep denying it, but it is what it is. With those early knockdowns fury took, he also didn't appear to be badly hurt but didn't have his legs under him

Both guys have shown instances of vulnerability, but in fury's case he has also shown an ability to take a punch. Joshua has not, so until he shows that hes going to be known as a guy with a questionable chin, simple as that. You can keep denying it, but it is what it is. With those early knockdowns fury took, he also didn't appear to be badly hurt but didn't have his legs under him
AJ is able to more easily stay on his feet than Fury. Unless you can name me a single feather-fister that's knocked him down? He's only been stopped once but that's not the end of the world. Even the most dominant heavyweight champs in recent memory have been stopped and more than once. Wlad & Lewis are who I'm talking about. Neither was considered to have a granite chin but nobody is saying that AJ has one. They've all shown vulnerability including Fury. He's been dropped 7 times in his career and it's not like his resume is strong.

If you're implying that Fury was a harder test for Ngannou than AJ then let's see. According to Ngannou's own trainer, Dewey Cooper, AJ is the harder test. Much more dangerous and now we have actual film of Ngannou boxing to study. The element of surprise is gone. I think it will show in this fight.

i just interviewed dewey cooper for 30 minutes and asked him about this. he said it is just a black brit supporting a black brit. and hinted that he didn't do too well in the sparring with francis

Nice man, where is the interview available. Personally speaking it's a fight that AJ can easily Ruiz 2 if he decides, unless he wants to make a statement. I'm watching for sure.

i just interviewed dewey cooper for 30 minutes and asked him about this. he said it is just a black brit supporting a black brit. and hinted that he didn't do too well in the sparring with francis

It’s not surprising, he’s pretty much a boxing novice. He’s literally been boxing a couple of years! I’m surprised he was even used as a sparring partner. Francis has more boxing experience than this fella

Nice man, where is the interview available. Personally speaking it's a fight that AJ can easily Ruiz 2 if he decides, unless he wants to make a statement. I'm watching for sure.
Just posted it. I was reluctant to put it here since my face is in it and a variety of health issues have made me even uglier than usual over the past year. I look like a crackhead. But oh well. Here it is

17:50 is where he talks about the sparring partner

Just posted it. I was reluctant to put it here since my face is in it and a variety of health issues have made me even uglier than usual over the past year. I look like a crackhead. But oh well. Here it is

17:50 is where he talks about the sparring partner

Cheers for sharing pal.

Back