No Spoilers Just finished Death Stranding after starting it a few years ago

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
What a masterpiece of a game. Unashamed to say I was teary eyed for nearly all of the last chapter, and you can tell that that story had been in development for a long time. Some games can definitely hit harder than films

There were some points during my playthrough of the game where I wanted to give up, or was pretty bored (some deliveries can be a pain in the ass), but when the game opened up with vehicular deliveries, traversal wasn't so bad. The cutscenes really did it for me. The combat was alright, but I cannot fighting the bosses any other way, it worked.

I want to play the Director's Cut one day, not so sure when.. maybe next year. It is a long game, but will try to play it as fresh as possible without remembering too much.

Glad you enjoyed it, I tried my best but I just thought this game was an absolute turd.

It was fun for a little bit I hit a little dull part and stopped playing, maybe try again with this directors cut I’ve just learned of I’m sure it pays off at some point hits it’s an investment

There were some points during my playthrough of the game where I wanted to give up, or was pretty bored (some deliveries can be a pain in the ass), but when the game opened up with vehicular deliveries, traversal wasn't so bad. The cutscenes really did it for me. The combat was alright, but I cannot fighting the bosses any other way, it worked.

I want to play the Director's Cut one day, not so sure when.. maybe next year. It is a long game, but will try to play it as fresh as possible without remembering too much.

I actually stopped playing when I was doing the roads and come up to one that needed a lot more materials than I could be bothered to farm. I’d just found myself wanting to play it again recently, and I’d already set up a nice infrastructure of zip lines from my previous time playing so I just carried on with the main missions

It’s fascinating how they make you care so much for a digital baby like that. I guess it is a baby so it’s not that hard to tune into those protective instincts, but they do it really well, and subtle with it, where they make it seem like the bb is just a tool. The story is one of the best I’ve ever played in a game, why is Mads Mikkelsen even in the game? I don’t know but it worked so fkin well dude

Kojima is a creative genius and I’ve never really been into metal gear solid but I know the story behind this game and how it’s his first solo title. I’ve read that it’s got divisive reviews and to be fair I did stop playing half way through.. but that’s on me. If I could change anything it would have been to see more p2p interaction, even if it was just like their “ghost” roaming the map like on racing games. Would have been pretty nice.

The boss fights were amazing and I always felt right on the edge of despair trudging around in the sludge trying to jump onto buildings while there’s a chiral whale flying around, but I never felt overwhelmed. It was always enjoyable

I just started it. This game seems to be so divisive.

Stick with it. My advice is when you reach the mountains, put some time in to set up zip lines in. If I was replaying it I would travel to the tip of each mountain and place one, that way it’s not obstructed on any side. Also I hope that people use spoiler alerts here if you’re going to stick around in the thread. The story is beautiful and I would hate for it to be ruined for you

I gave up after about 8 hours in. I just couldn't get a hang of the combat and it seemed like more a chore than anything. I'll probably try it again one day because I liked the general aesthetic of it but once I start getting attacked by the sludge, I kinda gave up.

Everything I've ever heard about this game sounds awful. Like you're an ubereats driver without getting paid.

Bought it at launch and loved it... for a few hours and then i lost all interest.

Stick with it. My advice is when you reach the mountains, put some time in to set up zip lines in. If I was replaying it I would travel to the tip of each mountain and place one, that way it’s not obstructed on any side. Also I hope that people use spoiler alerts here if you’re going to stick around in the thread. The story is beautiful and I would hate for it to be ruined for you
Tagged your thread for spoiler-free discussion.

I’ve heard so many mixed reviews on the gameplay that I think I may just try and watch the cutscenes on YouTube and leave it at that.

I remember the initial trailers looked really cool and intriguing but then when I saw the gameplay was basically the QWOP guy trying to deliver a stack of pizza boxes I thought “wtf is this shit?” and lost most of my interest in actually playing the game.

I’ve heard so many mixed reviews on the gameplay that I think I may just try and watch the cutscenes on YouTube and leave it at that.

I remember the initial trailers looked really cool and intriguing but then when I saw the gameplay was basically the QWOP guy trying to deliver a stack of pizza boxes I thought “wtf is this shit?” and lost most of my interest in actually playing the game.
Still have it installed on my drive at time of writing; if I do decide not to pick back up, I want to throw my hat in that same ring and commit to watching all cut-scenes. This game from its opening minute screams creativity – and care. That said, never played again myself after about 3.5h while also not wanting to uninstall. It's a weird one.

Still have it installed on my drive at time of writing; if I do decide not to pick back up, I want to throw my hat in that same ring and commit to watching all cut-scenes. This game from its opening minute screams creativity – and care. That said, never played again myself after about 3.5h while also not wanting to uninstall. It's a weird one.

I'm in the exact same position. My external HDD died so space is limited but something is telling me not to delete it. On the other hand, I just can't picture myself really liking it. It's definitely bizarre.

Fun game, managed to finish both original and Director's Cut. 2 things annoy me though on both playthroughs:
1. Sam's shoes are made of banana peels. Dude trips on slight ground imperfection.
2. BB cries so much, mainly caused by point #1

What a masterpiece of a game. Unashamed to say I was teary eyed for nearly all of the last chapter, and you can tell that that story had been in development for a long time. Some games can definitely hit harder than films

a little offtopic but... who's the girl in your av?

<{Joewithit}>

Back