Rewatch Just rewatched Volk vs Islam

I think I view grappling quite differently that many others. People say Islam was doing nothing when he had his back. I don’t see it that way. What I see is Volk defending well, preventing advancement. Islam is working for his opportunity but it looks like nothing because of the defense. But the key word here is still defense, Volk was the one in trouble in this position and rabbit punches behind his head are not enough for me to say he’s being more successful. That to me in not effective striking whilst being stuck in a position one wrong move away from getting finished.
Sir, I say sir, only the hottest of hot takes are allowed on the Dog, ya hear? You take your nuance and you go on now

Correct, thats why people think he won. Islam landed more shots overall but Volk landed more shots in the 5th convicingly.

Round 5 was very clear for Volk. I found round 4 to be very clear for Islam. The rest was very competitive.

Islam cut Volk something fierce over his eye and stunned him with good counter. Volk did a lot of damage, especially in that last round, and did well to avoid the grappling.

Islam blocked a lot of the GNP btw, which lasted for 1 min but Islam won the first half of rd 5.

Not only is Volk's overall performance exaggerated (islam clearly won the fight and some people call it a robbery), but Volk's dominance in the 5th round is also exaggerated. Volk had a very dominant minute to finish the fight, people are acting like he 10-8'd Islam.

Grasso thinks Volk got a 10-8 in round 5.

Thats exactly what I said right after it happened.

Islam won the competition, Volk won the fight.

Islam blocked a lot of the GNP btw, which lasted for 1 min but Islam won the first half of rd 5.

Not only is Volk's overall performance exaggerated (islam clearly won the fight and some people call it a robbery), but Volk's dominance in the 5th round is also exaggerated. Volk had a very dominant minute to finish the fight, people are acting like he 10-8'd Islam.
IMG_1569.jpeg

I had it 4-1 Islam, albeit a very competitive 4-1.

This is a classic case of winning the match and losing the fight

Islam won Maybe 3 rounds but they were close

Round 5 was a massive victory for volk as he looked to be just getting started while Islam was at the end of his rope. And Volk landed more damage in r5 than Islam did the whole fight
Pride scoring would give it to Volk.

This is a classic case of winning the match and losing the fight

Islam won Maybe 3 rounds but they were close

Round 5 was a massive victory for volk as he looked to be just getting started while Islam was at the end of his rope. And Volk landed more damage in r5 than Islam did the whole fight

Islam almost got ktfo by a manlet who can't Crack an egg...! Glass jaw.

I thought Islam won and think Islam will win again. Really would've preferred to see Volk get a full camp. It just seems that it's an uphill climb. He's just coming off of surgery and admitted that he hasn't been training. Plus Islam gets full rehydration and home field. If Volk can't finish in the first two rounds, should be Islam's night.

Back