Just turned 38....... is my life over now?

You’ll be 60 in 20 years

Don’t waste your time

quote-i-hope-i-die-before-i-get-old-roger-daltrey-7-11-92.jpg

Where did the last four years go, I keep asking myself?

Back when, four years was a long time.

I got a college degree in four years. Travelled the world, completed post-grad training and moved apartments three times in four years.

April 2020, lockdowns kick in and it feels like I've been time warped to here.

I was young (definitely felt plenty young), now I feel like I'm close to 40.

I partied with college girls over this weekend gone by and, no bother there, which kind of gives me hope.

But I find myself questioning, how much longer do I have left in that lifestyle?

And what are my plans for after it?
I have no plan B.
Being "young forever" was kind of my fall back situation.

Shah of Iran had a brother who died at the age of 46, he was a fucking kid!

At 38, you are baby. Also David Sinclair is making progress with reversing aging:

I turn 38 in August. It's weird because I don't feel young and I don't feel old. It's like a middle point. Things are all going to go downhill from here and I've abused my body so much my days are numbered. Fuck...

38 crew checking in. I am physically, mentally, and financially at my best. These fucking people acting old are dickheads. 38 is legit so young still and I won't hear any more of this. Me? Age is a state of mind. Don't look at life this way TS
There's a common quote of "40 is old if your unsuccessful" which is harsh but kind of true. The people I know in there 40s that are successful (mature, good career, good diet/workouts, good friends, fun hobbies) literally none of them ever complain about being old. They're mentally healthier/have a better grasp of who they are and physically have better access to nutrition/workouts than when they where teenagers.

The 40-year-olds with shit careers, no hobbies, poor exercise/health (or worst years of overtraining), and failed relationships? Yeah, they all look, talk, and move like an old person.

Oof... I thought the exact same way at your age. In about five years time, prepare for disappointment sherbro :(

Father time in undefeated.
I'm going to fuck Father Time to assert dominance.
There's a common quote of "40 is old if your unsuccessful" which is harsh but kind of true. The people I know in there 40s that are successful (mature, good career, good diet/workouts, good friends, fun hobbies) literally none of them ever complain about being old. They're mentally healthier/have a better grasp of who they are and physically have better access to nutrition/workouts than when they where teenagers.

The 40-year-olds with shit careers, no hobbies, poor exercise/health (or worst years of overtraining), and failed relationships? Yeah, they all look, talk, and move like an old person.
This is so true. I'm too busy chasing goals to feel old. When I stop? Maybe I'll feel old.

I'm going to fuck Father Time to assert dominance.
Ever notice what age there is typically a huge drop off and MMA fighters careers go off a cliff?

You can be in denial about it, you can put it off... but you are no longer in your physical prime and it's only downhill from here; It's still coming whether you like it or not. Best to just accept it and enjoy the time you have left.

age is just a number. how you feel is what matters. However, it's not going to get any easier so enjoy your time now. Dying of old age is a luxury anyway.

Age to a degree is a mindset - if you feel old, you'll age poorly.

I'm 44 and I feel like I'm 30! I have my shit together, a good job, fiancé, a good eating and training regiment and I look after my appearance.

Its easy to give up because "I'm too old" but men are lucky - we tend to get better with age, whereas mainly women simply age!

I touched you the other night, whilst you were sleeping, you feel nothing like a 30 year old.

Ever notice what age there is typically a huge drop off and MMA fighters careers go off a cliff?

You can be in denial about it, you can put it off... but you are no longer in your physical prime and it's only downhill from here; It's still coming whether you like it or not. Best to just accept it and enjoy the time you have left.
You don’t have to be in your prime to feel young and stay in shape. Part of it is accepting you aren’t in your prime and just not giving up with what you got. It’s the guys who go, welp, past my prime, guess I’ll get fat and complain all the time are the guys who feel as old as they act.

You don’t have to be in your prime to feel young and stay in shape. Part of it is accepting you aren’t in your prime and just not giving up with what you got. It’s the guys who go, welp, past my prime, guess I’ll get fat and complain all the time are the guys who feel as old as they act.
I am not one of those guys, I still do weights and cardio multiple times a week and have never been fat but I recognise that I have gone drastically down hill compared to what I was physically capable of at 38 and I'm only 44.

It's called being realistic.

I am not one of those guys, I still do weights and cardio multiple times a week and have never been fat but I recognise that I have gone drastically down hill compared to what I was physically capable of at 38 and I'm only 44.

It's called being realistic.
Well yeah, but even you are working with what you have got. Do you feel old? I’m 40 and of course I don’t feel like I did at 25. But I feel damn good for what people keep saying 40 is supposed to feel like.

Well yeah, but even you are working with what you have got. Do you feel old? I’m 40 and of course I don’t feel like I did at 25. But I feel damn good for what people keep saying 40 is supposed to feel like.
I don't feel old as such but I noticeably feel worse than even a couple of years ago.

It wasn't till I hit 43 that it really started to hit me but I have a lot of miles on my body from weights, various martial arts, extreme sports etc.

I mean this week I feel old but that's because I got food poisoning and spent three and a half days diarrhea'ing and puking with next to no sleep but usually I'm fine.

Get remedial massages, I am 44 also and it helps a ton. Seriously a game changer
It's a good point, I used to go every Saturday morning to a local Thai massage parlor(...not that kind) but stopped when I moved to my new house. I should start going again.

It's a good point, I used to go every Saturday morning to a local Thai massage parlor(...not that kind) but stopped when I moved to my new house. I should start going again.
Yeah I do those occasionally too. Nothing like having a small Thai woman pummel you lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back