Just turned 38....... is my life over now?

Ever notice what age there is typically a huge drop off and MMA fighters careers go off a cliff?

You can be in denial about it, you can put it off... but you are no longer in your physical prime and it's only downhill from here; It's still coming whether you like it or not. Best to just accept it and enjoy the time you have left.
The problem is people really exaggerate the drop off once they hit late 30s even into the mid 40s. It's like yeah compared to top level professional athletes where every millisecond counts your washed up but you still have the potential to be faster and stronger than 99% of the population

Guy I trained with tonight is 43 and can break a 5 minute mile rather easily. Obviously I could be like "oh he's washed i bet in college he could do sub 4:30" when in reality this guy right now is faster stronger and more agile than 99% of people under the age of 30.

Like most things in life perception is key. Have 15% lower testosterone than your prime is a big deal if you're pro athlete but the average person isn't anywhere close to some sort of prime shape physically or mentally so it's completely moot.

LOL at dating college girls at 38 years of age. Also had the best time of my life actually from 38 on.

Hitting 42 soon and still going very strong. But I prefer to date and fuck actual women instead of retarded kids I share nothing with.

I'd say it only sucks because you can't escape having baggage the older you become and eventually your social circles will dwindle. That and maybe slowly seeing your hairline recede

400923-George-Carlin-Quote-People-say-life-begins-at-conception-I-say.jpg

Ever notice what age there is typically a huge drop off and MMA fighters careers go off a cliff?

You can be in denial about it, you can put it off... but you are no longer in your physical prime and it's only downhill from here; It's still coming whether you like it or not. Best to just accept it and enjoy the time you have left.
Me? Eternal sunshine. Watch it, pal!

40 now.

38 is when every health-related problem started.

First I snapped my humerus (funny shit) -- was outta nowhere, from a hit I've taken many times before and walked it off laughing. While nursing the arm (it was dominant/right) I ended up going off balance and trying to correct my balance -- which shredded + popped my knee. While nursing those I rolled my ankle literally on the way to get the mail.

Everything after 38 (literally 1 week after my 38th bday) has been a shit show despite probably living the "healthiest" I had been living (less drinking, no smoking, eating healthy, 8min mile, sit ups / push up reps etc) for a few years BEFORE 38 -- and THAT is literally when 38 came, and for whatever reason said "times up"....

Long story short, I switched my lifestyle to what is considered to be "normal" healthy, and literally that's when shit went wrong. -- My advice to you is to eat red meat, drink rum like a fucking pirate, smoking be optional -- and fuck anything that walks if ya ain't tied down... cause one day, ONE FUCKING DAY, and bam -- health/accident/small roll of the ankle/ small tweak of the back -- and it ain't ever the same :)

For those that luck out and literally never have problems, bless ya lol... but my free ride all ran out literally EXACTLY when I hit 38 via circumstance after circumstance. This summer might be the first time after 3 years I can possibly be healthy, but I reckon all the bullshit I got away with for 38 years was waiting to get me all at once.... I got away with a lot of shit that SHOULD have fucked me up in all the years leading up to 38 -- but it caught me, and was like "hey motherfucker, time is up" lol.

Last edited:
I am not one of those guys, I still do weights and cardio multiple times a week and have never been fat but I recognise that I have gone drastically down hill compared to what I was physically capable of at 38 and I'm only 44.

It's called being realistic.

Cough, cough......gear..... Cough, cough.........

32. Ended at 30 when the child was born bless her. Freerolling now.

Meh... 45 & living better than in my 20s & 30s.

Still got quite a few chapters ahead & a drive & aim of how/where I wanna be in a decade.
I'm in play to keep movin toward that as I ease down the road.

sxb6fbyg7v441.jpg
This kind of feels true, but that's the bitch.

By the time the research is done, you're 40.

Back