Karate Combat > Power Slapping

I am actually surprised this or just kickboxing hasn't blown up as much. MMA is pretty boring to the casual fan because of the grappling. Kickboxing removes that aspect completely. KB is in the sweet spot between boxing and MMA.

I am actually surprised this or just kickboxing hasn't blown up as much. MMA is pretty boring to the casual fan because of the grappling. Kickboxing removes that aspect completely. KB is in the sweet spot between boxing and MMA.

I disagree. The lay n pray types are largely a past experience compared to today. Today if you're a BJJ/sambo grappler you're generally very aggressive and offensive and if you're a wrestler you use your wrestling to stand up and strike. Long gone are the days that a champion of a division lays n prays or Jon Fitch's are around.

Literally anything is better than Dana’s farce of a league

What exactly are the rules for this shit? They are still hitting guys while they are on the ground but obviously ground grappling isn't allowed so wtf is the guy on the ground supposed to do to defend himself? Cover up until the ref separates? upkicks for creating separation and then stand up on his own?
I think they adapted the Karate point fighting rules to full contact. Which means you are allowed to execute a throw/trip and follow up with punches to the grounded opponent for a short amount of time (I think only 5 sec in karate combat). But no ground fighting allowed.

So I'm talking about the highest score at 3:07 in this video (Ippon B)

?start=187

Friend signed with KC and is trying to fight Sam Alvey. Heard they're trying to do an influencer type event too

Not only is this in the wrong area it has nothing to do with World MMA. It is also silly as Slap is barely a sport and not a martial art. Karate Combat is more a KB org and a da*mn decent one.

Not only is this in the wrong area it has nothing to do with World MMA. It is also silly as Slap is barely a sport and not a martial art. Karate Combat is more a KB org and a da*mn decent one.

How's it a KB org when they allow takedowns and ground and pound? Just admit you're a UFC shill and stay in UFC section

Back