Karo Parisyan kimura. Why not used in MMA?

Karo had a good all around game for that era with exceptional clinch.
I think makikomi type grips and throws can still be useful for mma. The issue is bailing the position when it doesn't work. The other issue is positioning after the throw.

Karo had a good all around game for that era with exceptional clinch.
I think makikomi type grips and throws can still be useful for mma. The issue is bailing the position when it doesn't work. The other issue is positioning after the throw.

100% it works if your the heavier guy but that would be a lil bully lol

iv only seen 2 of his fights didnt realize he was that high figured 9-7th

do u think he will be champ soon?
135 is wide open right now.

Dana is claiming Cejudo needs to defend his 125 belt. This could leave the door open for an interim title fight. Petr Yan, Aljamain Sterling, and Sandhagen are all on the same level right now, and all could beat Cejudo. Assuming they do an interim title, one of those 3 guys won't be happy.

Why the fuck hasn't anybody posted this yet?
tumblr_ohyh3g9Nw51qd4esao3_250.gif

I use it all the time, along with other dwl moves from the feet. It's not always the best idea, and sometimes it's just because I'm hard headed and like to use the dwl. As has been discussed in this thread, the threat of the slam is real. Sometimes it pays off, other times not so much. I use it from standing back clinch as well. I've been suplexed in tournaments that way, but often if you weather the storm and hold the arm, you can keep it going and make something happen, like a cutter or a Saku style take down of Renzo.

I feel like this thread needs some @kpoz12

The common issue with getting slammed when attempting a standing kimura / DWL is the lack of a thigh hook or grapevine. You need something to prevent them from getting their hips under you and lifting, if you can’t immediately use it for a throw or sub anyway.

Grapevine / obviv / kawazu gake (obviv throw or control while you switch to another leg position or throw), or a butterfly-style thigh hook (hikkomi gaeshi style stuff), or the more aggressive osotogari-style outside thigh hook (osoto, harai, or makikkomi).

I don't think it's coincidental at all that Karo trained at Gokor and Gene's, and just so happened to be big on using the DWL.

Hey!

I resemble that remark!

People don't think of a kimura as a control position but it is. You can sweep with a kimura, you can takedown with a kimura.

Hooking the head you get spinal deviation and attack the posture.
Wrapping the arm for dwl or kimura you need to attack posture and base. The thing is the opponent can try to limp arm out and or hit a pick up.

And who can forget the warmaster:

giphy.gif

Even ngannou getting in on the fun!

kimura.gif

Kimura trap from David Avellan was a set I had and used to practice. That mma combination was one of them. I think it's worthwhile to invest time into focusing your training.
This guy interviewed seemed to like it.

Kimura trap from David Avellan was a set I had and used to practice. That mma combination was one of them. I think it's worthwhile to invest time into focusing your training.
This guy interviewed seemed to like it.

David Avellan is a Lloyd Irvin supporter, gave zero credit for all the moves he ripped off from Sakuraba, and is responsible for shitty blue belts referring to every last usage of the kimura as a "kimura trap". I have zero esteem for him.

David Avellan is a Lloyd Irvin supporter, gave zero credit for all the moves he ripped off from Sakuraba, and is responsible for shitty blue belts referring to every last usage of the kimura as a "kimura trap". I have zero esteem for him.

Did Avellan steal the kimura trap system off Sakuraba?

Back