News Kavanagh “It was going fantastic, really really good. I was really really happy. I wasn’t concerned”

Conor was getting decimated on the ground, yet again. That was not a good performance. He landed one straight, a few leg kicks, and then got mauled for the better part of the round.

The fight was not looking good for Conor.
I agree

That wasn't the point I've been making though.

Conor definitely may very well have lost given how the fight was going.

However, nothing can be said for certain because the bout was stopped due to an injury. Conor took more damage and the fight was looking worse for him after the second round of the Khabib bout but the third was his most successful of the fight.

That would be treating the result as if he were knocked out or finished. Which, again, would be incredibly irrational.

If Anderson Silva blew out his knee in his prime, would you respond the same way?

If a tennis player blew out their knee during a match, would you respond the same way?

Everything I'm saying here cannot be disputed, which is why, whether you like it or not, Dana will be making an immediate rematch.
Tennis is not a contact sport, and the goal of tennis is not to hurt your opponent.

Your crush threw naked kicks , got injured and couldnt continue. There is no comparison to be made to tennis, golf or League of Legends.

Tennis is not a contact sport, and the goal of tennis is not to hurt your opponent.

Your crush threw naked kicks , got injured and couldnt continue. There is no comparison to be made to tennis, golf or League of Legends.
This is true. At the same time, the point remains true in that the result wasn't clear and can only truly be decided in a rematch. Which is why that's exactly what Dana will be doing.

If Silva blew out his knee during his prime, would fans respond the same way? Absolutely not. In fact, I'm certain that most would be petitioning for a rematch.

When Andrade slammed Rose Namajunas on her head, was that a definitive result? Absolutely not.

We cannot determine a fight based on a freak accident. Some people may not like it, but there really isn't a good argument that can be made against what I've said here.

I agree

That wasn't the point I've been making though.

Conor definitely may very well have lost given how the fight was going.

However, nothing can be said for certain because the bout was stopped due to an injury. Conor took more damage and the fight was looking worse for him after the second round of the Khabib bout but the third was his most successful of the fight.

I never said we knew for certain, I said that was not a good performance by Conor and his coach saying he was very happy with it seems to show he didn't expect him to do well.

You're arguing against a strawman.

This is true. At the same time, the point remains true in that the result wasn't clear and can only truly be decided in a rematch.

If Silva blew out his knee during his prime, would fans respond the same way? Absolutely not. In fact, I'm certain that most would be petitioning for a rematch.

When Andrade slammed Rose Namajunas on her head, was that a definitive result? Absolutely not. We cannot determine a fi1235369996ght based on a freak accident.
If you believe his leg broke by sheer
coincidence and him throwing full force leg kicks had nothing to with it, then I would understand why you want a rematch. To me it just looks like willful denial but you do you.

If you believe his leg broke by sheer
coincidence and him throwing full force leg kicks had nothing to with it, then I would understand why you want a rematch. To me it just looks like willful denial but you do you.
You're 100% right.

That being said, the result is still more akin to a freak accident than a conclusive result.

I said the same exact thing when Andrade won due to slamming Rose on her head.

We simply can't say anything for certain based on a result like that. Dana said the exact same thing.

Last edited:

<codychoke>
Shut yo ass up John

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif

I never said we knew for certain, I said that was not a good performance by Conor and his coach saying he was very happy with it seems to show he didn't expect him to do well.

You're arguing against a strawman.
For sure

I apologise. I wasn't sure but I appreciate the clarification.

And you're right, it wasn't looking good for McGregor. What was at was happening certainly wasn't something you should have been happy with. I kinda take it more to mean that he wasn't concerned about the damage being received on the ground.

Which is understandable. He did take more damage against Khabib and still came back and won a round.

Last edited:
He looked ok for maybe the first minute .

You're 100% right.

That being said, the result is still more akin to a freak accident than a conclusive result.

I said the same exact thing when Andrade won due to slamming Rose on her head.

We simply can't say anything for certain based on a result like that. Dana said the exact same thing.

Dustin destroyed him fair and square in their fight right before.

We got a 3rd fight only because Conor is a big name and Dustin was ok with another big paycheck before the title.
The "now we're 1-1" narrative was just a selling argument for all of them: no rubber match, especially a immediate one, was warranted after that result.

Conor needs to beat someone and move up the rankings. If he does that, maybe he can fight Dustin again.

Btw, your "his 3rd round against Khabib was his best" argument doesn't sell.
Conor barely edged a round against a wrestler that took a breather.

Conor should go train with the great Rafael Cordeiro instead of this guy. Imagine if Francis just stuck to his old gym as well. It's also the reason Ronda never really evolved.

1st round is Conors most dangerous, Dustin won that round comfortably. Dustin would have finished him in the 2nd, if it went any further itcwould have gotten worse and worse for Conor. Come on, we know this.
Matter of fact, if Conor didn't hold Dustin's glove with two hands like an improved Tim Kennedy, he'd have been finished in the first round.

The joke is if he didn't cheat he'd still have some of his leg. Karma really worked hard on Saturday.

Conor should go train with the great Rafael Cordeiro instead of this guy. Imagine if Francis just stuck to his old gym as well. It's also the reason Ronda never really evolved.
Conor would have zero confidence if he had to train in a gym of other real fighters. He needs to be the focus and spotlight. Being surrounded by guys who can beat him up will not work with his psyche. He has to stick with what has worked for him - small teams of yes men who can't really help him much because he's not going to be honest with himself.

His lack of self honesty is what governs his entire public life as well as his style of training and fighting. Throwing him in with real individuals would drown him.

I'm not sure he's wrong though.

He took more damage in the second round of the Khabib bout and the third was his most successful round of the fight.

I think it's silly to assume that the bout was over based on the success Poirier was having.

Poirier may have won but it's impossible to say anything definitive based on what happened.

The fight was stopped for an injury, akin to a fighter blowing out their knee. I think that reality is something that needs to be objectively acknowledged.

A definitive result can only be determined in a rematch. Which is precisely what Dana is planning on doing.

I feel like if it were any other fighter, everything I've said here would be acknowledged as being very rational and logical. But there is a very real double standard with all things McGregor.

If a tennis player blew out their knee out during a match, would that be considered a loss? That should highlight the absurdly of the logic and lack of critical thought being demonstrated by many.

And for the record, because I know certain people will assume it. I'm not a "fan" of McGregor. I have irish friends who have definitive proof that he is in fact a rapist. I have no interest in being unfavorable in any way, shape or form with regards to him.

That being said, I think that truth should be spoken, regardless of the name of the fighter and I don't think that sort of fairness is common with polarizing figures who spawn such emotionally reactive thought.

A rematch is the only way to produce a definitive result and there's really no way to argue against this.

Have they turned this proof over to the authorities? And have you brought this up to anyone other than Sherdoggers?

As a Conor hater, I love Kavanagh!

As long as Conor stays with him at SBG, I wont have to worry about Conor sniffing another title shot. He is the living definition of a yes man.

I'm not sure he's wrong though.

He took more damage in the second round of the Khabib bout and the third was his most successful round of the fight.

I think it's silly to assume that the bout was over based on the success Poirier was having.

Poirier may have won but it's impossible to say anything definitive based on what happened.

The fight was stopped for an injury, akin to a fighter blowing out their knee. I think that reality is something that needs to be objectively acknowledged.

A definitive result can only be determined in a rematch. Which is precisely what Dana is planning on doing.

I feel like if it were any other fighter, everything I've said here would be acknowledged as being very rational and logical. But there is a very real double standard with all things McGregor.

If a tennis player blew out their knee out during a match, would that be considered a loss? That should highlight the absurdly of the logic and lack of critical thought being demonstrated by many.

And for the record, because I know certain people will assume it. I'm not a "fan" of McGregor. I have irish friends who have definitive proof that he is in fact a rapist. I have no interest in being unfavorable in any way, shape or form with regards to him.

That being said, I think that truth should be spoken, regardless of the name of the fighter and I don't think that sort of fairness is common with polarizing figures who spawn such emotionally reactive thought.

A rematch is the only way to produce a definitive result and there's really no way to argue against this.
To be fair, if the tennis player had hit their knee on the other's racquet and the other wagged a finger at them to say "we both know that hurt you" and then the tennis player hit their knee on the other player's forearm and fell down 2 seconds after, I think any reasonable person would surmise they hurt their knee on the raquet, and then on the forearm and would NOT consider it a FREAK injury. Just an injury that's pretty easily explained.

Same here. He kicked Dustin's knee and Dustin wagged a finger at him because he knew that THEY BOTH KNEW that hurt him. Then he broke it on Dustin's forearm later in the round and I don't think Dustin could tell that particular block did that damage. He felt the first one but not the second. Conor didn't realize how badly his ankle was compromised but he must have known it was in pain and ignored it. Finally, the pivot sheared it in two.

It's not a freak accident. It's accumulation of damage from fighting. It's an absolutely clean TKO, as was Weidman's over Silva or Hall's over Weidman, or Aldo's over Faber, etc. It was accumulation of damage leading to the inability to keep fighting.

And to be fair, if Conor wasn't cheating with TWO hands inside Dustin's gloves throwing upkicks he would have been finished on the ground. It was his cheating which got him the stand up and which got him a broken leg.

In this case Herb's reffing = karma.

He was.

He isn't anymore.

Not everyone believes he was carried. Teddy Atlas, Sugar Ray Leonard and the many pro boxers and people who know the sport included.

What happened was a combination of McGregor doing better than people realize with the fact that Floyd is 10 years past his prime and looking worse than any point throughout his career.
He was carried

I'm aware how people will respond to this because of the double standards which exist in regards to McGregor.

But again, I will use the analogy of a tennis player. If they blew their knee out during a match, it would be incredibly illogical and downright absurd to consider that result absolute.

A definitive result can only be determined in a rematch to any thinking human.

If you ask Dana, he would say the exact same thing and that's why an immediate rematch is likely to happen.

There was a definitive result in the rematch. Conor went to sleep in January. Nothing has happened since then to suggest that there's unfinished business in regards to who is the better fighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: lsa
Back