News Kayla Harrison Officially Signs with the UFC, will Fight Holly Holm at UFC 300

This will be a stinker of a fight. Make this post

<This7>

jaeqb0q3u3841.jpg

i mean..

<mma4>

Hmm. She do clean up nice. Although I'm guessing that pic is at least 8 years old.

Is that the vaguely attractive woman who was trying to be one of the bros with Khabib and Cejudo and nobody was paying attention to her?
It’s the lady that looks like wanderlei Silva in a dress and heels …..Not attractive at all imo

That's cool but no amount of promo could ever get me hyped for a holly holm fight

nah they go to the fridge for a glass of milk because aint nobody wanna watch Holly Holm fight.

ever.

Weirdly enough if you look at ratings of ESPN cards Holly has headlined she's actually one of the bigger draws. During covid only Overeem did better than her Vs Aldana

I have a hard time seeing her make BW. Hasn't she only cut to FW once? I remember her saying that if she was going to fight in the UFC she would need to diet hard to make it to FW and now she's suppose to make BW? Good on her if she can do it and being an Olympian I would imagine her drive is hard and she wouldn't agree to this if she couldn't make the weight but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being at Featherweight. I get some people hating on this given Holm's age and both coming off a loss but I like this fight. I think Pacheco is a lot better than people give her credit for so a close fight loss isn't the end of the world for Kayla.

WBW sucks and even at her age Holm is still a tough fight. Most felt Holm beat Ketlin and I'm not convinced MBS beats Holm if they were to rematch. If she can make BW and run through Holm I think she's the best chance to save the division. Probably gets a title shot at that point and Nunes would probably come back and fight her. Nunes vs Kayla at BW is much more interesting to me than any fight with Cyborg. That's assuming Kayla can make BW consistently. I was never that interested in Cyborg fights mainly because she killed herself to even make Featherweight which is the same reason why I had little interest in Kayla's fights. I won't believe Kayla is fighting at BW until I see her make the weight.

Was this the big fight Dana was so excited to announce? Holly's like 50 years old, sheesh. Hopefully this is the opener

Last edited:
Holly is still dining out off that Ronda win all those years ago. She's got a name and not much else at this point.

If Kayla can make BW on a regular basis, it does inject some energy back into BW, which as we saw this weekend certainly needs it.

Do we know how much she walks around at compared to other fighters that cut to BW?

For those saying she can't make 135, I bet she can but it won't be easy.

First, she has the discipline of an Olympian, not of BJ Penn.
Second, you'd be surprised what months of cardio + 1 meal a day + 2 gallons of water can do, and that meal should exclusively be meat and eggs.
Third, she should get to the point her walking-around weight is 155 pounds (maximum) or 150 pounds (preferred) before cutting weight, and it sure as fuck isn't easy to cut 20 pounds the week of the fights.

GSP cut 25 pounds consistently the week of fights, but Kayla is is of a significantly lighter weightclass... and a woman. (Due to biological reasons its tougher for them to cut weight.)

2 years too late I think but still a good signing.

Kayla is a great signing...but 135/145 is just freaking dead!...with or without her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back