Kayla vs Holm

In the last few years Holly's super power has been her standup clinch/grappling. While she lost to Cyborg, she controlled a lot of that fight in the clinch and could not be taken down.

I think Harrison will encourage this clinch stuff as a Judoka but get frustrated and worn out after a massive cut.

Then when Harrison gasses after the first round she will even after being coached not to, rush in and get tagged with straight shots just like Ronda did. Holly's striking is really only magnified and effective when she is punishing fools who rush in.

Holly may get tossed once in the early going, but Harrison is not the kind of submission artist that will give Holly early trouble.

Holm handles her.

Also... Altitude Holly after winning this fight will go out and blast 30 minute 10k.

She fought Cyborg in frigging 2017. Over six years ago. Relatively speaking, she was a young pup then. 42 now.

Why on Earth would Harrison gas after one round? She's gone 5 more than once. 3 more than once. But she's gassing after one because of Holm's otherworldly defense?

Half of Harrison's stoppage wins are subs. I think she can sub her just fine if the opportunity presents itself, it's not KO or bust.

Sure, Holm can win. But that is not one dog I want to "sprinkle a little" on.

And if/when she loses, the flood of "she was the value side" posts will come in.

And if she wins, then most like "I KNEW IT" ones will show up.

Holly is so old and frail …. If she still had any knockout power at all , she’d be worth a dog shot at her current odds .

But she has no power …. She won’t win

7774a378-6af5-49ac-88a5-6b90b7205d00_text.gif

It sounds harsh but this is truth. Holly has a puncher's chance but the oddsmakers have it about right.

And those thinking this is Holly vs. Ronda redux have never seen Kayla fight. Her style is nothing like Rousey's. She's been shooting for doubles like an MMA wrestler.

Is that Atos BJJ BB Lucas "the Hulk" Barbosa in that picture? because they have the same density of muscle packed onto their body. Like most of high level BJJ, Barbosa is extremely dedicated to living the healthy, sparse and completely Natty BJJ lifestyle

She fought Cyborg in frigging 2017. Over six years ago. Relatively speaking, she was a young pup then. 42 now.

Why on Earth would Harrison gas after one round? She's gone 5 more than once. 3 more than once. But she's gassing after one because of Holm's otherworldly defense?

Half of Harrison's stoppage wins are subs. I think she can sub her just fine if the opportunity presents itself, it's not KO or bust.

And if/when she loses, the flood of "she was the value side" posts will come in.

I'm not him but I assume he thinks so because of the massive weight cut.

Which one of these natural talents do you pick to win this epic female badass showdown ? Essentially a grappler vs Striker scenario ? I'm intrigued. I never watched Kayla besides Highlights, how's her stand up ? I rate this fight a 9/10. I actually can't pick. But I assume Kayla is the fresher more primed fighter. If her competition was close to elite in PFL I would pick her based on athletic mileage. Strong chance of a finish and fireworks. Wouldn't be mad if this was even in the main card.
WMMA is lackluster unless the elite girls are competing. Then it's exciting. This is an elite match up with a Icon of WMMA in Holly. Make your prediction.

View attachment 1038914View attachment 1038915

Ditto. I don't get excited about most WMMA but this is one of the exceptions. Compelling fight although I just wish Holm was a little younger so we could see where Kayla is really at.

Holly is a +340 underdog, i feel like with the weight cut it's a steal bet.

Like everyone else, I'm wondering how she handles the cut to 135. But it's not as crazy as it sounds. Harrison has said she walked at 160-165 while fighting in PFL and just didn't want to cut weight. It's still a big cut to 135 but she's fought at 145 before.

Holly has a lot more than a "puncher's chance"... a punchers chance would be Jessica Eye vs Kayla. i didn't watch Kayla vs Pacheco 3, but i feel confident in "surmising" that the things Pacheco (assumingly) did to win - which would be striking better, keeping it on the feet better, and dictating where the fight went better - are all things Holly does better. Better because she's more skilled, more athletic and more experienced. I think Holly is gonna take it by decision. Probably a boring fight but def. one ill be watching due to star power and kayla's debut alone.

"Evil!" "Evil!" "Evil!"

Harrison will gas because she is fighting after a weight cut she has only done one time, without a fight following it.

That fact surely opens the door to wonder if she will be her usual powerful self when it comes to a fight,,, or how long she can go without that cut playing a bigger part than in the past for her.

This is what I envisioned at first, but Holly is so fucking old now. I think Holly gets tossed early in the fight. If she can survive then she can possibly win due to Kayla getting gassed. I still put some money on Holly. Hopefully they don't stop the fight early.

I do worry about Holly's age.

There are folks in Arkansas and Lousanna who have several grandchildren at her age :)

But I still like Holly and am rooting for her.

Kayla looks like she is wearing extensions. Those, if worn too much, can cause balding and hair thinning. That being said, I think I would have to take both Kayla and Holly on in a nude oil wrestling match in order to determine who is the stronger fighter before I place any bets.

Ditto. I don't get excited about most WMMA but this is one of the exceptions. Compelling fight although I just wish Holm was a little younger so we could see where Kayla is really at.

Like everyone else, I'm wondering how she handles the cut to 135. But it's not as crazy as it sounds. Harrison has said she walked at 160-165 while fighting in PFL and just didn't want to cut weight. It's still a big cut to 135 but she's fought at 145 before.

Now it get's more even. Kayla got a big cut. She will have size tough

Now it get's more even. Kayla got a big cut. She will have size tough

BW cut is a question mark for Harrison for sure, but I think folks are downplaying Holm's age. She's 42, hasn't fought in 9 months and has been getting punched in the face for money since she was 20 years old.

Harrison is no spring chicken either but at 33, she's still in her prime and is now a seasoned vet of 17 pro MMA fights. I don't think size will be a factor because Holm has always been a big BW herself. They'll probably both be mid 150's in the cage.

Last edited:
Kayla will wrassle fuck Holm into a submission or TKO.

I'm expecting Kayla to get Holly down and finish her by GnP. Though the weight cut and her cardio are a concern, so is Holly's age.

This is what I envisioned at first, but Holly is so fucking old now. I think Holly gets tossed early in the fight. If she can survive then she can possibly win due to Kayla getting gassed. I still put some money on Holly. Hopefully they don't stop the fight early.
I think you made a wise bet on Holly.

The odds are a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Kayla has beaten absolutely no one and just lost to a girl who was 0-2 in the UFC, stopped in both. (GDR and Andrade, so decent opponents.)

Holly on the other hand is a consumate professional, always shows up in shape, is well acclimated to the UFC, the pressure and media and Bantamweight.

I thought Kayla looked badly sucked out at the weigh ins. Her eyes looked like Conor at 145, you could see the shape of her skull and facial bones.

Age is the only thing that makes this interesting to me. Holly is a big strong girl and battle tested I doubt Kayla can stop her or have enough gas at 136 pounds to go 3 hard rounds and when she is too tired to get a takedown her striking is going to be badly badly outmatched imo.

We will see, but I think the odds at Kayla -450 are a bit off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back