News Kazakh Bantamweight prospect Bekzat Almakhan signs with the UFC

Champ material?

• Total voters
Thank for your reply.
Any idea why?
We can't disprove the three extra wins on Tapology. We just can't...find them. As Val stated, we are in the midst of unraveling a big mess with Zhekpe Zhek, which is both a national martial art of Kazakhstan and a throwaway organizational title that promoters use when they just want to run an event and not name it. Leads to a lot of "amateur or TMA tournaments with one pro fight on top" situations that may be legitimate, just messy.

you are mistaken. the depth of fighters there is of much higher quality than you realize. just because you don't know who they are, and they don't have wiki or some crap, doesn't mean shit.

no it's you who are mistaken, i have data-driven reasons for my pronouncements, it's not that "they don't have wiki or crap"

Bezkat fighting Umar this weekeend reminds me of when Arman Tsarukyan fought Islam years back -- there is a clear favorite, but it may turn into a highly technical and competitive match.

Big update. He's 11-1 with 11 mixed rules wins. UFC might announced him at 14-1 or 11-1, but not 17 after all.
Wow, that’s a big change.
Did you guys contact the anyone about this case?
We found them.

They weren't MMA, they limited grappling to 30 seconds, and then there's an automatic break or standup no matter the position (mount, in submission, etc).
I never understood why they would do fights like this, like, you can’t just change the rules and expect the contest to count as a real fight. Ofcourse I know some organizations do these things to get more ’exciting’ fights, but it just doesn’t make sense (especially from the fighters perspective)

Back