Kelvin Gastelum predicts 1st round KO over Robert Whittaker: ‘I’m expecting it not to even be close

Do you think Romero's gameplan would be to TD and control Gas on the ground? Cause I don't

I don't. Romero typically doesn't look for control in the grappling. The only fight I can recall him implementing grappling in that manner was in the second round against Weidman. Weidman couldn't get him off of him.

I don't. Romero typically doesn't look for control in the grappling. The only fight I can recall him implementing grappling in that manner was in the second round against Weidman. Weidman couldn't get him off of him.

The end of the second round of the Weidman fight shows what a badass wrestler Romero is when he actually engages guys on those terms. Weidman is one of the best MMA wrestlers in the sport, and Romero threw him around like a child.

That also demonstrates how good Whittaker's TD defense is. He was able to defend and get up from Romero's TDs even when he was hurt badly in the second fight. People are grossly underestimating Whittaker IMO.

Rooting for my man Bobby Knuckles. Gas is definitely a dangerous opponent, but I believe if Whittaker fights 'his fight' and doesn't let Kelvin control the pace/distance he wins the fight.
Looking forward to the fight.

So many people are triggered into hating on him for his confidence. Others are impressed and are picking him based on it. The usual.

Imagine if people actually broke down fights based on skills and physical attributes instead of how much they like the guys involved.

Silly, I know, but a man can dream.

How do you think Kevin would do against Yoel? LOL

Whittaker hapes Gastelum 10 out of 10 times. Won't even be close.
I wouldnt say he wins 10 outta 10 but im honestly surprised at how many people on here are confident Gastelum will win. Whittaker is not an easy fight for anyoneeee in the division and i honestly feel like he matches up well with Kelvin. If it goes past 3, im going with whittaker all day

The reason i think Gastelum is so confident is because years back, he sparred and trained with
Whittaker. Apparently, he got the better of him (according to Gastelum). I remember him mentioning
this a year back. Nonetheless, it will be a great fight. People should not be discounting Gastelum out.
However, if he loses- he should move down to WW.

5 Foot 9, with a reach of 71 inches, puts him at a disadvantage against guys like Adesanya
(6 foot 3.5 inches, reach of 80 inches), and some other big MW's like Costa. Gastelum is a
small MW. Would be incredible to see him win, even given his lack of size for MW.

"I’m expecting a hard-fought fight, but at the same time, I’m so prepared for this opportunity that I’m expecting it not to even be close.”

{<huh}

Yeah dude, I'm lost too...I think Kelvin might lose this fight but even if he did he never did cause he won't and even if he will he didn't and he won because even if he lost he still picked up a hard fought win that wasn't even close.

Fucking Gastelum, lmfao, wtf is this shit? I'll cheer for him in and out of the cage, but mostly for him to get a Language Arts, Reading & Writing tutor...this gag won't become a thing, but if his opponent was smarter and funnier he'd tear him apart in the trash talk department, but that's not really either of these fighters style, and that's a good thing in the end.

Whittaker is going to put a pace on that fat fuck and knock him out

What does Brunson have to do with this? He’s a massive MW. And Romero got him down and destroyed him. Plus KG won’t do that. I can’t remember the last time KG even shot or initiated any wrestling exchange.You keep bringing up Cardio and grinding style like Weidman doesn’t have bad conditioning. Yet he was still able to snatch single and other quick TDS on KG Speaking off, I recall KG gassed pretty hard by the third in that fight also. It’s not out of the realm that Yoel does some wild trip throw or ankle pick on KG and gnp his skull in. Don’t believe that 32% nonsense. Such a skewered stat. He went 10 rounds with no only the best defensive wrestler at MW, but probably the whole UFC. Romero has taken down pretty much anyone from Kennedy to Weidman with ease if he wanted to. He would obliterate KG in that department. And on the feet he’s not easy to hit cleanly while KG is fast but attacks on straight lines and is predictable. Not to mention his footwork is extremely flat
Ok. We're either going in circles or talking about two different things so I'll try to summarize my take. Do I think Romero can knock Gas down striking and finish him with GnP (like he did to Brunson and Machida)? Yes. Do I think he can trip or pick Gas to get him down and instantly pounce for a GnP finish? Yes. Do I think he can grind him down until Gas is broken ala Cain/JDS, DC/Rumble, etc? No. Do I think Gas can catch Yoel coming in -- or even by initiating himself -- and TKO or even KO him? Yes. Do I think Gas can point fight smart enough offensively and defensively to edge out a decision? Yes. Do I think Gas can outgrapple Yoel to a finish or decision win? Not a chance

If you disagree with any of that then we just disagree. And that's fine. I do hope we get to see a Yoel/Gas fight at some point, imo it's a very interesting matchup

Whittaker is going to take Kelvin into those "down under" waters only the natives could handle. Kelvin narrowed out a decision with people Whittaker murked. I'll post a couple of images for people who thought they ready for that Bobby Knuckles smoke.

BarrenCavernousCrane-max-1mb.gif
Romero-tripping-over.gif

IncompatibleFamiliarBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Here Kelvin being submitted by Weidman -

maxresdefault.jpg

you dont like Whittaker? or just a kelvin fan?

oh, only because i'm a huge kelvin fan. love the guy's fighting style. nothing against whitakker. i was rooting for him against yoel.

I like gastelum but after he wins he still has to face death row

yoel
borrachinna
israel/Jacare possibly again

sure he can beat them all but it's going to ruin his body in the process.

If Kevin beats him he wont defend that belt successfully once.

I like gastelum but after he wins he still has to face death row

yoel
borrachinna
israel/Jacare possibly again

sure he can beat them all but it's going to ruin his body in the process.

Yeah Weidman got through an old people death row too and look what happened to him.

That's a good prediction, cause if he doesn't KO Bobby in the 1st, he's in for a long night. I see him getting beaten up like Ortega against Max.

oh, only because i'm a huge kelvin fan. love the guy's fighting style. nothing against whitakker. i was rooting for him against yoel.
copy that. Whittaker always seemed like a good dude. I like both guys. should be a great fight

Whittaker is the man and a true professional. He drags Kelvin into the later rounds and kicks his head off in the 4th.

<NightKingBringIt>

Back