Kettlebell Swing

Nice way to get some volume done efficiently is to do these EMOM. I just knocked out 15 per minute for 34 minutes with the 32kg. 510 reps total. When left to my own resting it usually takes twice as long to get 500.

Nice way to get some volume done efficiently is to do these EMOM. I just knocked out 15 per minute for 34 minutes with the 32kg. 510 reps total. When left to my own resting it usually takes twice as long to get 500.

Yeah, I'm running Swing Hard at the moment, and that's based on EMOTM. Very efficient way of being consistent in one's reps/sets.

Clowning on the 24kg bell now, doing sets of 100 before putting the bell down. Single arm swings, 4 sets of 25 each hand.

I like doing the Greyskull method of 13 to 1 swings/burpees.
13 swings/13 burpees, then 12, 11 etc. Do as fast as you can and try to beat your team each time.

I do something similar, only in reverse - 1 swing, 1 burpee, then 2, 3 etc up to 15. I always feel like I'm making great time because the first 7 or 8 sets go by quickly.....but 80% of the workout time is spent on those deeper sets.....it sucks, ugh.

I did for weeks 10x10 or 15x10 with 24 kg.

Now I have 1,5 week rest and I have become more muscular.

It is funny that doing a lot of reps with relative low weights, makes you more muscular.

It reminds me of those American prison documentaries where the prisoners do a lot of reps with bodyweight exercises and they also get muscular.

Last edited:
I did for weeks 10x10 or 15x10 with 24 kg.

Now I have 1,5 week rest and I have become more muscular.

It is funny that doing a lot of reps with relative low weights, makes you more muscular.

It reminds me of those American prison documentaries where the prisoners do a lot of reps with bodyweight exercises and they also get muscular.

You should look into the 10000 swing challenge. If you added mass from the volume you did, you would probably respond really well from the challenge.

After you get into hundreds, do these tear your hands up like a bar or rings?

Not personally a huge fan of kettlebell swings. Most people do them with terrible form and it seems to promote bad hip movement patterns more often than not.

Not personally a huge fan of kettlebell swings. Most people do them with terrible form and it seems to promote bad hip movement patterns more often than not.
That's the athletes fault, not the movement

That's the athletes fault, not the movement

Of course, but I've seen a lot of coaches teaching it weird too. I'm not so opposed to it that I'm going to die on a hill about not including it in a routine. I would probably go with a hang high pull instead because you could load it heavier. If you really wanted the back/hamstring work then go from a low hang. Or barbell hip extension if you are looking for a different type of extension.

To me it's more how much weight can you really have around in kettlebells?

Of course, but I've seen a lot of coaches teaching it weird too. I'm not so opposed to it that I'm going to die on a hill about not including it in a routine. I would probably go with a hang high pull instead because you could load it heavier. If you really wanted the back/hamstring work then go from a low hang. Or barbell hip extension if you are looking for a different type of extension.

To me it's more how much weight can you really have around in kettlebells?
You can buy an adjustable kettlebell and have 12kg-32kg in one bell. As far as load, I use it for conditioning rather than strength training. Yes there's other forms of conditioning and I have those implements too, I just have them around for variety and right now am really enjoying them.

You can buy an adjustable kettlebell and have 12kg-32kg in one bell. As far as load, I use it for conditioning rather than strength training. Yes there's other forms of conditioning and I have those implements too, I just have them around for variety and right now am really enjoying them.

That's fair. I'm not really opposed to kettlebells in general. I keep a 50lb one next to my office desk to play with during breaks in work. 32kg just seems pretty limiting at some point you're going to have to do a bajillion reps to break a sweat though.

That's fair. I'm not really opposed to kettlebells in general. I keep a 50lb one next to my office desk to play with during breaks in work. 32kg just seems pretty limiting at some point you're going to have to do a bajillion reps to break a sweat though.
That's where marathons come in. Rather than reps you pick an exercise and do it for a length of time instead. Goal is to keep going for 60 mins without setting the bell down. It's very humbling.

That's where marathons come in. Rather than reps you pick an exercise and do it for a length of time instead. Goal is to keep going for 60 mins without setting the bell down. It's very humbling.

I don't even want to have sex for 60 minutes let alone do that

<{katwhu}>

I'll bet that grip endurance is outrageous though!

I don't even want to have sex for 60 minutes let alone do that

<{katwhu}>

I'll bet that grip endurance is outrageous though!
I just did 40 mins with 16kg. Yeah grip endurance is off the chain, I do gi bjj and noticed a big carry over

Can anybody send a link to a pretty full complete demonstration of all different kettlebell exercises?

I've got a 35 pound one and a 70 LB One and want to get more serious about my kettlebell workouts.

All I know are a bunch of kung fu ones I learned years ago. I used to do one arm swings with a 70 lb Chinese version of the kettlebell complete with throwing it in the air spinning it and catching it.

Can anybody send a link to a pretty full complete demonstration of all different kettlebell exercises?

I've got a 35 pound one and a 70 LB One and want to get more serious about my kettlebell workouts.

All I know are a bunch of kung fu ones I learned years ago. I used to do one arm swings with a 70 lb Chinese version of the kettlebell complete with throwing it in the air spinning it and catching it.

https://gprivate.com/609fz

That's a great link to a list of possible exercises.

You don't want to start with all of them, you want to start with the basics. I like the way Strongfirst demonstrates them because they emphasize tension and power, so just search youtube for Strongfirst instructors demonstrating the swing, Turkish get-up, goblet squat and press.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what your form is like, but it sounds like you're doing swings for endurance. You might want to try doing them the Strongfirst way: sets of 10-20 done for maximum power. That means maximum hip explosion from the bottom, snapping to a full-body plank, and at the top you stop the bell's rise by pulling down with your lats as hard and as fast as you can, throwing it down between your legs as powerfully as you can. At the bottom you catch it by exploding maximally again. That 32kg bell will shock you. So will the 24kg bell.

Back