Kevin needs to lose some muscle

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not often would i say this, but he doesnt carry his muscle well, there's some guys out there that are super jacked and move very well and look fluid, he doesnt, he looks stiff, both on the ground and in the standup, also it would prob help his gas tank a bit.

He seemed so much slower than Charles.

Do Bronx is no fucking joke. I love when fighters stay in the UFC for years, working hard and slowly improving into a contender.

Been saying this for a while now. Less weights and more cardio training are definitely needed

Supposedly he doesn't even lift weights, so it would be pretty hard to lose any muscle. He just isn't that spectacular of an athlete like people assume, or he's lazy

Not often would i say this, but he doesnt carry his muscle well, there's some guys out there that are super jacked and move very well and look fluid, he doesnt, he looks stiff, both on the ground and in the standup, also it would prob help his gas tank a bit.

He looked stiff because he was getting kicked in the face ffs

Bunch of conor noobs in here

Supposedly he doesn't even lift weights, so it would be pretty hard to lose any muscle. He just isn't that spectacular of an athlete like people assume, or he's lazy
I really fucking doubt that an ex wrestler doesnt lift weights... You dont get arms like that by hitting the bag, let me tell you that...

You can't just loose muscle like that if Kevin lifted weights he'd easily be jacked. He's just doesn't have and there's nothing wrong with that. Michaels bisping was always in the same situation as lee

He looked stiff because he was getting kicked in the face ffs

Bunch of conor noobs in here
He looked stiff, because he is stiff, he always looks stiff, even in the gilespie fight, his arms are too big, his technique is good, but the mass makis his punches more of a push than a snap, let me guess, you've never trained a combat sport in your life

It's not just weight with him. He needs something else too.

I really fucking doubt that an ex wrestler doesnt lift weights... You dont get arms like that by hitting the bag, let me tell you that...
Yea you do I havnt lifted weights in years I'm 34 I boxed for a few years and my arms are still bigger than people who lift all the time

Kevin lee needs to be in a 165 or 170 lb weight class.

He looks like a bigger 170 pounder.

His punching speed and reaction time look lethargicly slow.

You can't just loose muscle like that if Kevin lifted weights he'd easily be jacked. He's just doesn't have and there's nothing wrong with that. Michaels bisping was always in the same situation as lee

Wait, how so? From my perspective Bisping is sorta the opposite of Lee. He was never one of the stronger, more powerful guys in his division, but he also never, ever gassed. Lee is strong as a bull for 155 and hits like a truck. But he slows down.

Yea you do I havnt lifted weights in years I'm 34 I boxed for a few years and my arms are still bigger than people who lift all the time
No you dont, u have to be a genetic outlier to get arms like that just from hitting the bag, the only boxer than has huge arms like that is anthony joshua, who again lifts weights... Not a lot of hypertrophy going on from hitting the bag, besides, your arms are there to be strong, forearms can be big, big arms dont mean shit in punching power

Ne needs cardio. He looked really good in the first. Once he ran out of gas it was all over.

He doesn't need that much muscle. It's easy to get rid of it with a strict diet, and cardio training.

No you dont, u have to be a genetic outlier to get arms like that just from hitting the bag, the only boxer than has huge arms like that is anthony joshua, who again lifts weights... Not a lot of hypertrophy going on from hitting the bag, besides, your arms are there to be strong, forearms can be big, big arms dont mean shit in punching power
It's not like he's just hitting the bag, he probably does calisthenics, plyos and grappling on top of that. That's enough to get pretty muscular if you have good genetics and there are plenty of boxers more muscular than Kevin Lee besides Joshua, who is way way more jacked than kevin lee

It's not like he's just hitting the bag, he probably does calisthenics, plyos and grappling on top of that. That's enough to get pretty muscular if you have good genetics and there are plenty of boxers more muscular than Kevin Lee besides Joshua, who is way way more jacked than kevin lee
First of joshua is a heavyweight..
If chalestenics are done with enough cardio, shadowboxing, pad work, your arms are never gonna get that big, because its not optimal for preformance, joshua looked way better after lossing muscle aginst Ruiz, generally soeaking boxers will have big back muscles, strong shoulders... Big biceps are usually a wrestling thing

I completely agree. He fights as if he doesn't carry much muscle, then always gasses against good fighters. If he's gonna continue with that build, than he has to fight with a slower pace. He can't expect to fight at the same pace as opponents that carry less muscle, and then to last as long as them. There's a reason Woodley / Romero fight at the pace they do.

kevin will always look stiff on the striking, he has improved but it seems his body is not made for stand up striking.

Back