Khabib should be stripped!

The only reason it's not already been done is Dana's still trying to make it happen but does anyone really believe if the fight's off he's going to tell Conor he has to wait til next year for his shot at redemption? Conor has better things to be doing, like fighting Manny for 100m+, Dana can not risk further delay.

Dana is risking lawsuits from athletes and crew and ridicule from the sporting world for insisting this fight go ahead during a global pandemic and for what? 600k buys and an empty venue? Please...

As Dana said some weeks ago Conor Khabib II will be the biggest fight in combat sports history and his refusal to postpone this stepping stone is to not disrupt the timeline for the big one.

IF Khabib doesn't fight Tony he will be stripped, Conor won't agree to no interim bs. Dana has no choice.

Cliffs:
TS is a Conor stan, trying desperately to somehow parlay a global pandemic into Conor getting the belt back without having to fight Khabib, whom he will never beat. How about they strip Khabib and declare that the Cowboy fight at 170 was actually for the LW belt, and then Conor can carry it around again without defending it, and you can once again have surrogate meaning in your sad little life.

Also, this didn't age well, it's an interim fight, Khabib is not stripped, meaning Conor is not getting his rematch in 2020. Your boy lost, just deal with it buddeh. stop embarrassing yourself.

You are implying Tony vs Conor... long shot, but I agree if this card is saved with these two. It's going to be for the real LW belt. Dana will throw Khabib under the bus, strip him and promote this fight.
Except Kavanagh said last week that there was no chance of that happening from Conor's side. shrug.

I can see stripping someone of their title if they do not defend. Khabib defended his belt in September 2019. It would look really bad to strip his belt when they let Conor hold up 2 divisions so he could go box Mayweather.

um something doesn't add up. Khabib isn't about the San Jose county law or California state law. if they have shut down AKA for 22 hours/day, how in the world is he doing to train 4-5 hours per day? how many hours are you calculating per day? i didn't know that was fluid.

The law obliges them to shut gym down for 22 hours or it was their own decision?

Lol at all the shit threads on the main page that merge into this one. You guys have become unhinged.

If Tony beats Justin in my eyes and i think in most peoples eyes he will be the real champion.Khabib is just not active enough.one fight a year is not enough.Tony already have more top 10 wins than Khabib.hope Tony getting big big pay day for this fight.

No. How the fuck you're gonna punish a fighter for a global pandemic breaking out. He'll fight the winner August/September. Unless Dana finds a way to insert Conor into this whole thing.

Absolutely. If the interim belt is on Ferguson, and Khabib still will not accept to fight him with immediacy, he should absolutely be stripped.

he’s got psychological problems with this match-up. When Tony has been out of this fight he’s having gnarly surgeries for severe injuries. Khabib has lifestyle problems like cutting weight improperly and now his principles regarding the pandemic. This is a blatant duck. Presumably healthy athlete simply declining to compete, and in a match this crucial and delayed.

Last edited:
If Tony beats Justin in my eyes and i think in most peoples eyes he will be the real champion.Khabib is just not active enough.one fight a year is not enough.Tony already have more top 10 wins than Khabib.hope Tony getting big big pay day for this fight.
They should strip him now.

Agreed. Khabib talks big about legacy but all he wants is too avoid tony to protect it. Strip him and make him fight. its getting rediculous

Absolutely. If the interim belt is on Ferguson, and Khabib still will not accept to fight him with immediacy, he should absolutely be stripped.

he’s got psychological problems with this match-up. When Tony has been out of this fight he’s having gnarly surgeries for severe injuries. Khabib has lifestyle problems like cutting weight improperly and now his principles regarding the pandemic. This is a blatant duck. Presumably healthy athlete simply declining to compete, and in a match this crucial and delayed.
I cant like to this is how i agree.

No. How the fuck you're gonna punish a fighter for a global pandemic breaking out. He'll fight the winner August/September. Unless Dana finds a way to insert Conor into this whole thing.

Fook Conor for the title.
He needs another top win.
Rematch with Poirier would be an interesting one.

They shouldn't realistically, you can't strip someone for ducking during a pandemic, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised, or mad :)

Punishing Khabib would make a lot of Sherbros feel better about themselves...

It will be Conor vs Khabib 2 before the Interim is unified

“Sure, strip him, because that’ll add legitimacy to Tony’s/Justin’s champion status and all will be perfect in the world again”—said no one.

Unless Dana finds a way to insert Conor into this whole thing.

You think there's a chance?!
tenor.gif

Back