Khamzat no longer representing Sweden

Another Chechen UFC fighter, Askhabov earlier this year decided to represent UAE too.

Isn’t it’s only Dagestani guys who represent Bahrain?
Possible I am too lazy to look up every single one that matches these criterias, Its almost like bahrain and UAE having a MMA proxy war lol.

If he changes his mind and want to rerepresent Sweden ..the Swedes should tell him "No".

Seems like he doesn't rep them anymore and he's left them behind chasing the dubai bag.

Pretty cold move as they let him live in the gym and built him up.

Is anything in this thread based on reality at all? As in an interview, a video... something?

Or is this just a bullshit fighter bashing thread that has no substance whatsoever?

Is anything in this thread based on reality at all?

Or is this just a bullshit fighter bashing thread that has no substance whatsoever?

According the news, he left sweden on a professional fighting level. He represents another country.

The guy has been sus for other reasons and not fighting... so people are speculating.

Is anything in this thread based on reality at all? As in an interview, a video... something?

According to Chimaev’s manager Majdi Shammas, Chimaev has left Sweden, where he previously lived and trained, and has emigrated to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). “He has emigrated, he is no longer Swedish,” Shammas told Swedish outlet SVT Sports. When asked why, the manager didn’t elaborate, simply saying “He wanted to emigrate.”

The only things I have read is that he represents UAE now and that he indeed has moved, or plans to move, to live there and train there, and he is taking his BJJ coach with him.

All the things about disloyalty seem to be the standard SD gossip and fighter bashing.

The answer is in the sentence.

<WhatIsThis>

Okay, just thought it might have meant more than he just represents another country, as he actually wants to train and live in UAE, too, as I understand it.

Just speculation, but couldn’t it be that the UAE fronted some serious cash so that they could have someone from “their country” become champion? They’re known for doing stuff like this to market Dubai, giving serious cash to influencers etc.

perhaps the Quran burnings have had an effect too. He’s Muslim and doesn’t seem like the liberal type

The only things I have read is that he represents Dubai now and that he indeed has moved, or plans to move, to live there and train there, and he is taking his BJJ coach with him.

All the tings about disloyalty seem to be the standard SD gossip and fighter bashing.
According the news, he left sweden on a professional fighting level. He represents another country.

The guy has been sus for other reasons and not fighting... so people are speculating.

According to Chimaev’s manager Majdi Shammas, Chimaev has left Sweden, where he previously lived and trained, and has emigrated to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). “He has emigrated, he is no longer Swedish,” Shammas told Swedish outlet SVT Sports. When asked why, the manager didn’t elaborate, simply saying “He wanted to emigrate.”
Thanks guys.

Seems a bit of an overreaction to call someone a snake for moving from one country to another but Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

Just speculation, but couldn’t it be that the UAE fronted some serious cash so that they could have someone from “their country” become champion? They’re known for doing stuff like this to market Dubai, giving serious cash to influencers etc.

perhaps the Quran burnings have had an effect too. He’s Muslim and doesn’t seem like the liberal type
Maybe. I know they have the money, but do they have a good gym (ie: home talent) supported by that money?

Back