***Khamzat vs Burns MEGATHREAD***

Who won?

• Total voters
You think a guy whose whole brand is called "smesh" relies on technique over brute strength?

I see him becoming champ at 170 eventually, even if he gets a loss or two on the way there.
IMO the 185 talk is a bit premature, I see the top guys like Whittaker, Vettori and Izzy beating him.

*gets rocked n dropped a multiple times by a lightweight*
"he should move up to middleweight"

he's a 1 round fighter that goes balls to the wall to finish right away. when that dont happen he turns into just another fighter that doesn't know what to do.
Except he beat the number 2 guy in the division. A guy that had Usman in trouble in their fight at one point.

image.jpg

image.jpg

khamzat-chimaev-of-russia-punches-gilbert-burns-of-brazil-in-their-picture-id1390657961

khamzat-chimaev-of-russia-kicks-gilbert-burns-of-brazil-in-their-picture-id1390576514

khamzat-chimaev-of-russia-punches-gilbert-burns-of-brazil-in-their-picture-id1390574413

gilbert-burns-of-brazil-punches-khamzat-chimaev-of-russia-in-the-picture-id1390588371

image.jpg

Lmao….Heart is what won him the fight. His defense and cardio were shit.

his cardio was great. Getting absolutely nailed with the best right hand Gilbert could throw. Getting up and taking him down a second later.
That style of fight pressure power shots grappling exchanges. That’s a brutal fight.

you’re saying the guy who jogged the mile is the same as the guy that ran as fast as he could for a mile and the sprinters cardio sucks because the guy who joggers wasn’t breathing hard.

Khamzat v Burns megathread
Trolls arguing about Khabib, Conor & Jones
<Grimes01>
Haha it's like when everything is said and done, and all opinions about a fight have been said a dozen times, people start thinking about their favourite topics again, mixing things in the wildest way possible, with the ultimate goal of consolidating the legacy of the karateka you like best.

He won the 3rd against a fighter with twice as much as experience despite never making it past the 2nd round in his career
He won the third? Pretty sure Gilbert was throwing and landing the most strikes. Unless that flying knee from Khazmat in the last 10 secs was enough to steal the round?

Khamzat v Burns megathread
Trolls arguing about Khabib, Conor & Jones
<Grimes01>
To be fair... *queue chorus from letterkenny*

Megathread is the case because mods merge all the trash duplicate threads into one. So there are a lot of specific/unrelated/ridiculous takes that people start threads about and then those discussion seem out of place even though they may have been related to the original thread they were replying to.

He won the third? Pretty sure Gilbert was throwing and landing the most strikes. Unless that flying knee from Khazmat in the last 10 secs was enough to steal the round?
That, the flurry Khamzat threw at him against the cage that almost TKO'd him and backing him up the majority of the third as Burns bled like a pig trumps the 2 more strikes Gilbert outlanded him by

This dude was 3x bigger than Burns. He should've fucking manhandled his ass, but looked like trash. If he is the future of the UFC, the UFC is in serious trouble. No more legit draws like Brock or Conor.

The only wrestling that happened in that fight were the takedowns? LMAO So there were no other usage of wrestling in that fight at all? No wrist control? No using the clinch to manipulate their opponent? No transitions?
If the control time Colby had over Usman wasn't wrestling, what was it?

Yea, you didn't think this one through did you?

I was referring specifically to mat wrestling and ground control time. You’re claiming Colby was the superior wrestler in that fight based on 1 or 2 instances where he clinched up and pressed Usman against the cage?

I’ll just post the fight highlights here and let the facts speak for themselves.

He's not ready for Usman and the Izzy talk was clearly premature. I honestly think Covington is the right next move and that may be an easier fight for him than Burns. Burns has a lot of power. I'm not sure that Colby has the power to make him respect him. He'd have to outcardio him in the later rounds. It was a good fight and should be a learning lesson for Khamzat going forward.

Colby's wrestling is overrated. [he] was badly outwrestled by Usman.

I was referring specifically to mat wrestling and ground control time..

So your point about Colby being "badly outwrestled" was proven wrong so you are changing the finish line. LMAO What is "mat wrestling" btw. Don't all styles of wrestling take place on a wrestling mat?

You’re claiming Colby was the superior wrestler
When did I claim this? Quote please.

Last edited:
All this talk about him being a MW, you're tripping bruh. khamzat is good at ww due to his frame, at mw he wouldn't be so dominant, and after usada no pure wrestler can dominate the heavier divisions (mw and onward) only grapplers can get the title because they can at least get a sneaky sub out of the ideal position. if burns was a hard fight for him, whittaker would be hell on earth. Don’t even THINK of bringing up izzy.

It's actually incredible how people are only obsessed with being right, like "ohh I told he was so and so, he's not unbeatable", hate to tell you, nobody is, we had questions coming into this fight, how's his chin, how does he deal with adversity, what happens when he can't dictate the pace, and he answered all of that, this was an incredible fight, only a small percentage of humans can fight for 15 minutes like that, you have to respect that.

This made me a fan of him, forget all this smesh this and smesh that, 1 minute guys, he just beat a world class legit fighter, there was no robbery, for me it was a draw personally, to close to call, but I figured Chimaev would get the nod since he is the rising star.

yawn.

this site is a dumpster full of dogshit the day after events lmao.

khamzat couldve won by submission and people would say its cause he was scared to stand, could win by knockout and it was cause he was scared of gilberts ground game.

this site is a collective of the dumbest mma fans period

i wouldn't say hype train derailed now becasue he did won against a tough opponent, but HE DID LOOKED BEATABLE. getting gassed after one round, getting tagged and dropped are signs he isn't the killer he made us think he was. Usman will beat him easy but Adesanya... who knows. If Izzy plays smart he can win a decision but for me, Borz needs more training and cardio but i don't know how much since covid took a lot of toll in his body.

Back