Kicking Punching Heavybag ( 1 Minute)

Trabaho

Mighty
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think Mr Prego would be a good nickname since I look fat ?

<mma3>

Anyhow here is a video of me doing the said 1 min of kickboxing teh bag and using the jab and upercut ect.

I think I need to take the sport serious and make time.

Don’t kick the bag with shoes on or you’ll tear it up. I’ve seen it happen.

It's just a bag at the fitness gym. It's a cheap gym which is a huge chain. Nobody ever complains. They change bags quiet regularly every couple months cause they fall apart. Trainers are never around in the gym. They just stay at the entrance.
Well it's a boxing room but the length indicateds kicks. Actually I don't care about their bags lol. If staff told me not to kick I'd respect it. I been paying membership for 8 years. I did cancel it though, these are my last 5 months.
Should I be barefoot on wood with dirt on it. I tried it and it's not hygienic. They clean daily but not wanting the bottom of my feet to turn black from dust.
I love kicking barefoot, best feeling. However at a fight gym with mats.

Yeah I'm being selfish.

Nobody should ever call you Mr. Prego. That's fucked up.

Honestly I would think about just joining a Muay Thai Kickboxing gym & training there. I know it's really obvious but that will be your best course of action to improve in your standup skills.

One positive thing is that I was surprised that your high kick looks pretty decent. You must have pretty good flexibility.

Just counted 56 strikes in a minute. No wonder I get exhausted at the bag. Like halfway trough round 1. Sleep eat trainy more.

Feedback and comments are welcome sherbros.

Nobody should ever call you Mr. Prego. That's fucked up.

Honestly I would think about just joining a Muay Thai Kickboxing gym & training there. I know it's really obvious but that will be your best course of action to improve in your standup skills.

One positive thing is that I was surprised that your high kick looks pretty decent. You must have pretty good flexibility.

Thanks for the feedback. Welp am pondering between 2 gyms. One of them is great the other I will try on monday. Really signing up in Juni. Cause I can't train seriously in Mai since I'm getting a hair transplant.

I recon my hook combos on the bag look sort of sloppy. Welp haven't trained striking seriously in a very long time. I think my boxing will be crisper when I put the work in.

I guess I should use these last 13 days before the treatment to do something everyday. After 2 weeks I can do some lighter stuff. After 4 weeks the usual. Am sort of hungry for training again.

My flexibility isn't even good, probably average, just Mirko and K1 used to be my "Heroes" and I practiced high kicks when I was younger. Never could do a split.

Maybe I can record some sparring the next week and post it.

I wanna bang lol

respectfully, I’d ask for a refund.

Being serious, you’ve got good hips. Just remember to throw more straight punches

Thank you very much. Yeah I def should throw more straights, way higher chance to land then hooks. I just always feel like the power isn't there, I need to practice to throw my body weight into the cross. Feels like a stronger rear jab when I throw it. Got the habbit of throwing it quick and it's probably like 35% of the power of a hook. Maybe also a bit phisically caused, as I'm more wide in the shoulders and got relatively shorter arms.

Working on straights is def a good point. Also when I was training a lot of boxing 10+ year ago, I actually jabed quiet oft. I don't really jab much anymore.

Like a poster above said, join a school, and then go a lot. Train as much as possible. This work load is nothing. 3-4 a week often half prepared sleep and time wise. I dream of being serious. Stop dreaming wake up and go for it.

respectfully, I’d ask for a refund.

Being serious, you’ve got good hips. Just remember to throw more straight punches

It's a fitness gym nothing to do with fighting btw

They just got a room with 2 bags. Rest is regular bodybuilding stuff. Yep if I was doing 8 years of striking I'd look way better lol. I haven't been seriously part of a fight gym since I was 23/24 so +10 years. Only dipped into a few classes and done some fitness.

Also haven't been going to this fitness gym either. Entirely lacking training wise the last year's. Most my training was done 17-23/24. Then I was serious. Weighed 84 kg, now 119.

When you work the bag, you need to look at it where you're thawing with a goal or purpose in mind; The vid looks like you're just doing it as a finisher.

When working the bag, try to emulate it like sparring/drilling; Work on footwork, distance, and striking. Hit and move, or push the bag, when it comes within range ,strike it like you're working retaliation combos. I don't know the full picture so I'm assuming you're doing it as a finisher / conditioning.

When you work the bag, you need to look at it where you're thawing with a goal or purpose in mind; The vid looks like you're just doing it as a finisher.

When working the bag, try to emulate it like sparring/drilling; Work on footwork, distance, and striking. Hit and move, or push the bag, when it comes within range ,strike it like you're working retaliation combos. I don't know the full picture so I'm assuming you're doing it as a finisher / conditioning.

Just casually unleashing on it for a short video. I know what you mean and do that, I'm playfully on the bag. But you know once someone records you you just start banging the bag.

#1 thing I saw was your feet. I would suggest picking a stance and staying with it for now. You can worry about switch hitting later when you get better.

Another tip that might help is just to use combos that start with the jab or the cross. Don’t go leading with hooks or kicks right now it will make you look sloppy. Work the fundamentals and you will look more refined

Dont move your hands up and down when throwing a kick it is a tell. Throw the kick and drop the same-side hand that you are throwing the kick with to give you more power. But don't drop it all the way to your hip just a few inches

Thanks for the input guys. Yep it's just a bag video. Let's see June if I sign up again and do some work. My take is my boxing def looks sort of sloppy out of shape.
Juni if I get back to it gonna upload some sparring too if aviable.

I look quiet open with the hooks.

It's also a style question and simply barely haven't trained the last year's.

I switch stances and throw diverse it's my style. I'm a lefty. In my right handed stance the right hand is useless. But it's good to be diverse.

Yeah can't take much from the video, I was just letting lose a few shots.

Def great input to throw a lot more straights.

I need to get crips like fried chicken.

are you actually training with anyone yet or just messing around on the bag at a generic gym?

are you actually training with anyone yet or just messing around on the bag at a generic gym?

Now I started doing fitness again since 3 weeks and just doing some stuff at the fitness gym. Used to train striking / fighting. Wanting to get back into it.

Thanks for the feedback. Welp am pondering between 2 gyms. One of them is great the other I will try on monday. Really signing up in Juni. Cause I can't train seriously in Mai since I'm getting a hair transplant.

I recon my hook combos on the bag look sort of sloppy. Welp haven't trained striking seriously in a very long time. I think my boxing will be crisper when I put the work in.

I guess I should use these last 13 days before the treatment to do something everyday. After 2 weeks I can do some lighter stuff. After 4 weeks the usual. Am sort of hungry for training again.

My flexibility isn't even good, probably average, just Mirko and K1 used to be my "Heroes" and I practiced high kicks when I was younger. Never could do a split.
Agree with him, I was pretty impressed with your kicks too especially your high ones, They look pretty decent (I'm saying this as a guy who mostly trains kickboxing) . But I'm no expert (I've only been training MMA since I was 14 so about 2ish years) so take my advice with a grain of salt but after you finish combos if I were you i'd immediately get out of range. Also I would throw more straights, You're throwing mostly hooks and I think more straight punches especially the Jab will make you less predictable and can help you set up better combos. Also if you're tiring yourself out fast I would highly recommend to slow it down. Throw 2 - 5 combo strikes and then get out of range and kind of reset for 5-15 seconds. That way you can train longer and won't get tired as fast. Keep up the hard work though bro, Remember Consistency is key.

Back