Economy Landlord with 24 properties. We’re suffering during Biden’s eviction ban, too and no one is helping.

It’s not like if landlords owned less properties those people would be able to afford a mortgage any easier

Except, at least for single family houses, rent is always higher than the mortgage plus property tax payment would be. So these families could afford mortgages, with programs like first time home buyer that will give grants to cover a small (like 5%) downpayement.

Renting apartments sure, those should always be central owner and renter. But people owning houses to then mark up and rent out on a subscription model where rent can go up each year after a person is moved in I think needs to be severely tempered back.

Gotta love how conservatives always side with CEOs / Landlords against middle class americans..

Why should anyone ever vote for right wingers? Oh thats right, to stop scary brown people

Renting apartments sure, those should always be central owner and renter. But people owning houses to then mark up and rent out on a subscription model where rent can go up each year after a person is moved in I think needs to be severely tempered back.
Why? The owner assumes the risk and responsibility for paying the mortgage, taxes, and upkeep for a long term. The risk being, for the small investor, everything they have. As time passes, equity builds and usually home values raise, which is the point. A renter comes to the area and needs a home for his family. The cost of a suitable home is now higher.
If I'm interpreting what you are saying correctly, it is somehow immoral for the owner to charge the rent that is more than his mortgage even if every other comparable home would cost more? I understand the pseudo - moral argument you're trying to make, but the owner took risk and accepted responsibility for a large financial obligation. The renter enters into a short term obligation that is much easier to either end legally or default on with more protections concerning occupancy. Forcing the landlord to forego the profit only means fewer people will accept the risk or responsibility.

A lot of you are getting your facts skewed by your emotions. You should really try and understand what the driving forces are for rising rents and mortgages. You'd be surprised to find out it's not landlords or flippers.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone renting 24 properties not making as much as they did last year.... fuck that guy.
its not the point, my landlord only has a couple of prop. has two kids on her own and needs the income. Im the only one paying. thinking its only the "rich" renting out is well....stupid

talk about not reading the room
guy gives off "let them eat cake" vibes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back