Last/Next Concert(s) and tour/show announcement thread

@TeTe that's a great combo! Make sure you catch Rival Sons :) it's just a great gig every time
Oh you have seen RS live? Yeah they were great. I love going to a show and coming away picking up on a band that's kinda new to me. Corgan and Iha praised them during the SP set and I can see & hear why. Solid bluesy rock. Shades of those great bands like Zep, humble pie, kinks etc.

Hey how was the show?
Rival Sons was great. Really cool classic rock bluesy Zep type feel and a great lead vocalist. I'll check out their stuff. Show I saw last night had Interpol rather than STP. Fine by me as I love that nyc / joy division / Franz Ferdinand type vibe. How was STP? Love that band. Most interested in your thoughts on the Pumpkins. I was struck by how rich and deep they sounded. Muscular.
I though SP were great as always. It was great to hear them play Jellybelly and Hummer too. I'm not a huge fan of the new 3 part album, but they play the good songs from it.

STP was really good. Sucks not seeing Scott with them but the DeLeo brothers and Eric are still amazing musicians. If you don't look at Jeff singing, you'd think Scott was still there. People will crap on the new guy and how they've gone on without Scott, but you'd be stupid to think that Scott was replaceable, I know that, most know that and even Jeff Gut knows that. But it's still a great time to hear those guys play still and still be on point.

Oh you have seen RS live? Yeah they were great. I love going to a show and coming away picking up on a band that's kinda new to me. Corgan and Iha praised them during the SP set and I can see & hear why. Solid bluesy rock. Shades of those great bands like Zep, humble pie, kinks etc.
It was my first time seeing them and I was impressed with their set. I was never super familiar with their music but I've always liked them.

Hey @PurpleStorm :) That sounds like a great gig. Interpol too? :eek: Glad you had a great night out enjoying some live music - that's always the best! Yeah I've seen Rival Sons 3x over the years and was always a great show. Also had the chance to have a little chat with Jay (the singer) when they played in Munich some years ago before the show. Super chilled folks and I legit would say he's up there with the best rock vocalists atm also think they would deserve the hype Greta Van Fleet got. Better band in my opinion. Been listening to them since Pressure & Time.

Just saw Cheap Trick open up for Rod Stewart a few weeks ago. Everything sounded great except for Cheap Tricks vocals were a little hard to hear and Rod Stewart can still move pretty good for a 78 year old.

Show was dope, I stayed in the VIP area while Berner opened cause I could take him or leave him
Then I went out for Warren G, he was dope, he even brought out The Twinz(old school G-Funk group) to do some songs
Between each set there was a DJ playing a buncha old school hits to keep the energy up
Then it was time for Too Short and he blew the roof off the open air pavilion, doing all the classics you wanna hear and calling out random women in the crowd and making them guarantee they were gonna suck their dates dick after the show
Then it was time for Wiz Khalifa so I went up to the concessions area to take a piss and get some drinks and look around for a bit cause I dont give a hoot about that dude
Then finally it was time for Snoop and he put another great set full of gangsta hits, he did a cover of Feelin Myself by Mac Dre which was obviously a crowd pleaser here in The Bay
Then Wiz came back out and they did several songs together
Then Wiz did that sad song from Fast And Furious while pictures of all the rappers that died in the past year played on the screens
Then they closed with Young, Wild And Free as we all sang along
Great night

Aerosmith had to reschedule numerous concert dates so Steven Tyler could rest his damaged vocal cords. This opened up some face value tickets. I picked up tickets for their rescheduled DC date in 2024.

Picked up tickets to the huge Luke Combs and Cody Jinks concert at the Niners stadium in San Jose, its not til next May but Saturday night already sold out immediately and Friday night is guaranteed to sellout also but I was able to get some good seats in the 100 lower bowl
Never been to a massive stadium show so Im more excited for the experience than the music, plus theres certain to be a fair number of sexy ripped jeans and cowgirl hats strolling around that concourse and that is a fashion choice that ole Pete does appreciate

IMG_7711.jpeg

Saw Crowbar yesterday in Brooklyn. Amazing show, they played something from every part of their 30 year history, they closed with their cover of Led Zep "No Quarter". Musically, the highlight for me was "Planets Collide" (they rework the ending live and it's transcendent); personally, the highlight was meeting Kenny from Type O Negative by the bar and getting to shake his hand while telling him how his music changed my life.

View attachment 1003243

Saw Crowbar yesterday in Brooklyn. Amazing show, they played something from every part of their 30 year history, they closed with their cover of Led Zep "No Quarter". Musically, the highlight for me was "Planets Collide" (they rework the ending live and it's transcendent); personally, the highlight was meeting Kenny from Type O Negative by the bar and getting to shake his hand while telling him how his music changed my life.
Dude that's friggin' awesome.

Taking my 18 year old son with me to see BMTH in Jan in Bournemouth. (Which funnily enough we normally abbreviate to BMTH. So it's BMTH IN BMTH in Jan)

Got a couple of shows coming up: Winery Dogs, Kula Shaker, Reverend Horton Heat, Queens of the Stone Age and The Darkness.

That'll probably be it for the remainder of the year.
Had tickets to see The Darkness in Bournemouth when they were really big but the guy who got sold them all on then waited until few days before to tell us. He paid us back plus some extra but was pretty angry at the time. Used to love Kula Shaker back in the day.

Dinosaur Jr just announced an australian tour for Feb 2024, playing Where You Been? in full plus others.
Not my fav album but understandable - their biggest commercially.

Ill be there, already put in for the time off to go. Im dying to see J Mascis live. throw in its with Lou and Murf and im a happy camper. Especially if they play Rasins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back