Opinion Lebron James in America is "hands up, don't shoot". Lebron James in China is....

So just to be clear. Most of you are just arguing about Lebron's hypocrisy right? Like none of you actually care about this Hong Kong business.
I was active in the other Hong Kong thread but again when their arguments failed to shut mine down, they went with the now-standard: Why do you give a fuck about Hong Kong? It's their business.
So I took a couple of days off and continue to keep tabs on the situation over there.

I seriously wondered if LeBron James would come out in support of Morey seeing as he seemed like he legitimately champions people's rights, even if the league itself I was only doing it for the money.

Then I woke up to listen to LeBrons little press conference this morning. The Revelation was official: 'Woke' it's just a money grab born out of a sort of counterculture that was born out of the media's reaction to the 2016 presidential election.

Sheeple, people, I don't know much of a difference anymore. So easily turned and manipulated.

So just to be clear. Most of you are just arguing about Lebron's hypocrisy right? Like none of you actually care about this Hong Kong business.

Lebron’s hypocrisy is third on my list of priorities and the specific details of Hong Kong are second. Top priority is that China, an authoritarian regime with a state led economy, is attempting to use economics to restrict American political speech. That should be a line in the sand issue for all of us and our best (maybe only) recourse is to put as much pressure as we can on those businesses and individuals who are allowing themselves to do China’s bidding. They have to be made to feel greater pain in betraying American values than in crossing the CCP.

Read the thread subject. Also, one does not cancel out the other.

You also don't have to hate LeBron to see that he is a fake.

If you can't see that he is a fake then maybe you have some inner issues with race or athlete idolization.

You think the Hong Kong protests are about freedom of speech? You know freedom of speech doesn't exist in most countries, right?

Do you know anything about the protests?
Lol. I know of the demands that the HK people have, but let's not go off topic because we're talking about Lebron and how he's so obedient of his China owners.

By the way China must be proud of how much you're defending Lebron right now. I can already imagine them saluting for your efforts.
c290d054-aa45-11e6-a0bb-97f42551dbf4

Lebron’s Hypocrisy is third on my list of priorities and the specific details of Hong Kong are second. Top priority is that China, an authoritarian regime with a state led economy is attempting to use economics to restrict American political speech. That should be a line in the sand issue for all of us and our best (maybe only) recourse is to put as much pressure as we can on those businesses and individuals who are allowing themselves to do China’s bidding. They have to be made to feel greater pain in betraying American values than in crossing the CCP.

So that also includes Trump right? From what I gathered he's shut his mouth so he can win some soybean farmer votes.

Lol. I know of the demands that the HK people have, but let's not go off topic because we're talking about Lebron and how he's so obedient of his China owners.

You bring up Ali. "Let's not talk about Ali". You bring up the demands of the protesters. "Let's not talk about the protesters."

Okay, let's talk about LeBron and how he's so obedient of his China owners. Not sure what there is for us to talk about, so I'll just let you keep rambling.

I'm generally a fan of Lebron, he's relatively intelligent, speaks out on social issues, and seems to be a genuinely nice guy, I lost respect for him over this China situation.

Read the thread subject. Also, one does not cancel out the other.

You also don't have to hate LeBron to see that he is a fake.

If you can't see that he is a fake then maybe you have some inner issues with race or athlete idolization.

Isn't obvious he's fake considering he has his shoes made there? Shouldn't the uproar already have happened since all these athletes gets their shoes made by slave labour?

Incorrect.

I'm arguing that every individual has the freedom to give a fuck about what they choose to give a fuck about.

Most of the conservative posters in this thread are vehemently anti BLM and I think that's their right. I think LeBron has that same right to not care about some social movements. If I thought that he cared but was hiding his concern for profit, I would think him spineless. But I've never seen any indication that he cares about China beyond the money it brings him, which is the international standard among businesses.

Didn't Lebron James tweet,

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

does justice not matter if money is involved?

again Leagon, this is bizarre coming from you...this selective outrage.

So that also includes Trump right? From what I gathered he's shut his mouth so he can win some soybean farmer votes.

Don’t be a fucking clown. For all his flaws, Trump has been more willing than anyone to cross China - in just about every way imaginable

Didn't Lebron James tweet,

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

does justice not matter if money is involved?

again Leagon, this is bizarre coming from you...this selective outrage.

What did MLK, the originator of that quote, do to combat the injustices in India? Or Cambodia? Or then Sudan? Is he a hypocrite?

Yes, it is selective outrage. All outrage is selective. But LeBron's seems consistent to me. He is outraged about the treatment of black Americans in America. But now he has to be outraged about China?

This is only surprising from me if you thought I believed people had to be outraged about everything.

Don’t be a fucking clown. For all his flaws, Trump has been more willing than anyone to cross China - in just about every way imaginable

Trump only cares about trade with China. He's mouth has been shut on any of the social/human rights issues coming out of China.

What exactly is your point? Just because Trump is also a hypocrite doesn't mean Lebron isn't one.

hiya Ramon Antonio,

i don't exactly see the POTUS as a hypocrite. i mean, i don't think President Trump ever campaigned as, nor promised to be, a promoter of human rights - at home or abroad.

*muses*

i'm wondering if anyone on this board owns a small business, like i do.

i accept checks from all sorts of folks i'm probably not politically copacetic with, and, generally speaking, i try not to insult them regarding how they govern their households (ie - i'd never say to a client, "i don't really approve of the way you are raising your children").

*shrugs*

for all i know, maybe Mr. James' sympathies lie with the mainland.

- IGIT

So if you don't support political movements, why should LeBron? Or you're saying he should support the ideas behind the protests if not the protests themselves. What ideas are those, exactly?

Are you joshing me? Democratic ideals.

Not everywhere. Literally just in his own country, where he has a far more developed understanding of the issues.

O
ne of the demands of the protest groups were for there to be an investigation into the brutality inflicted on the protesters by the police and that the policwe and authorities be held police accountable. There is nothing arcane about what these issues are.

It's something he can definitely relate to. Anyone who isn't insane or shill can relate to these ideals and how important it is to support those when other fight for them.

Lebron loves social media more than he loves pussy itself. It takes like ten minutes to gain a rudimentary understanding of the situation through twitter, google and from the staff on his team (the one that manages his brand).

He isn't a retard, he's got the scientist glasses to prove it.

No one's even asking him to lead a million-Ming march on Tienanmen Square. All iI', saying is that if he isn't going to support the Chinese protesters then maybe not be all like "Well I'm not going to beef with Daryl Morey buuut...he's kinda fucking with my bag right now."

I've been a Christian in China and have a lot of Chinese Christian friends. Christians in China wear their crosses openly and are free to worship at churches. I think restrictions on Catholicism, specifically, are a bit much in China, but just because a link asking for money makes a cause sound desperate doesn't mean it actually is a desperate cause.

I've heard otherwise. Christians, Muslims and especially the Falung Gong have been getting grinded by that regime.

In late October, the pastor of one of China’s best-known underground churches asked this of his congregation: had they successfully spread the gospel throughout their city? “If tomorrow morning the Early Rain Covenant Church suddenly disappeared from the city of Chengdu, if each of us vanished into thin air, would this city be any different? Would anyone miss us?” said Wang Yi, leaning over his pulpit and pausing to let the question weigh on his audience. “I don’t know.”

Almost three months later, Wang’s hypothetical scenario is being put to the test. The church in south-west China has been shuttered and Wang and his wife, Jiang Rong, remain in detention after police arrested more than 100 Early Rain church members in December. Many of those who haven’t been detained are in hiding. Others have been sent away from Chengdu and barred from returning. Some, including Wang’s mother and his young son, are under close surveillance. Wang and his wife are being charged for “inciting subversion”, a crime that carries a penalty of up to 15 years in prison.

Now the hall Wang preached from sits empty, the pulpit and cross that once hung behind him both gone. Prayer cushions have been replaced by a ping-pong table and a film of dust. New tenants, a construction company and a business association, occupy the three floors the church once rented. Plainclothes police stand outside, turning away those looking for the church.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tians-religious-persecution-translation-bible

I'm not a fan of the Islamic faith. At all. But to treat people like this is sin in every religion...except I suppose the religion of international commerce.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/c...t-uyghur-muslims-say-its-unbearable-brutality

A senior counsel with an independent tribunal has urged the top United Nations human rights body to investigate evidence that China is murdering members of the Falun Gong spiritual group and harvesting their organs for transplant.

Hamid Sabi on Tuesday called for urgent action as he presented the findings of the China Tribunal, an independent panel set up to examine the issue, which concluded in June that China's organ harvesting amounted to crimes against humanity.

Beijing has repeatedly denied accusations by human rights researchers and scholars that it forcibly takes organs from prisoners of conscience and said it stopped using organs from executed prisoners in 2015.

But Sabi, counsel to the China Tribunal, told the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) that forced organ harvesting had been committed "for years throughout China on a significant scale ... and continues today".

The harvesting has involved "hundreds of thousands of victims", mainly followers of the banned Falun Gong spiritual movement, he said, adding that detainees from China's ethnic Uighur minority were also victims.

"Victim for victim and death for death, cutting out the hearts and other organs from living, blameless, harmless, peaceable people constitutes one of the worst mass atrocities of this century," Sabi said.

"Organ transplantation to save life is a scientific and social triumph. But killing the donor is criminal."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...d-organ-harvesting-china-190925081434736.html

DISCLAIMER: I'm a Raptors fan and a Jordan guy. I've talked a bit of shit about him here before in the past but only in the context of the team I support getting whupped by him over the years. I think he's a decent person, a great athlete, superb businessman and a highly compromised social justice advocate. I'm not trying to bring heat on you, (you're getting enough of it here.) as said before I usually agree with most of your posts. But in this instance I'm in strenuous disagreement with you. That being said, keep well.

Last edited:
Isn't obvious he's fake considering he has his shoes made there? Shouldn't the uproar already have happened since all these athletes gets their shoes made by slave labour?
No. Because that would be a attack on black culture.

Also, this isn't even much of a uproar. It probably won't affect LeBron or any of the other fakes.

You have people like @Leagon defending LeBron because LeBron "defends" black people...

By the way China must be proud of how much you're defending Lebron right now. I can already imagine them saluting for your efforts.
c290d054-aa45-11e6-a0bb-97f42551dbf4
Not so much defending LeBron as just trying to be a contrarian against anyone that will play the game back with him.

Not one motherfuker here has insinuated in any way shape or form at the Hong Kong protests are about the freedom of speech, and dude knows that.

But to insinuate otherwise it's just another volley. A way to get someone to respond and maybe get off balance. Then he'll use your next response to find something else to hit on to perpetuate this argument which is basically not even an argument because there is no arguing that LeBron James is a hypocrite.

That's why anyone in here in the contrarian mood is turning it into "what do you care about Hong Kong" or "why should he care about Hong Kong"

Because they might be able to get somewhere with that. They will get nowhere starting off with 'LeBron James it's not a hypocrite, and here is why'

Not so much defending LeBron as just trying to be a contrarian against anyone that will play the game back with him.

Not one motherfuker here has insinuated in any way shape or form at the Hong Kong protests are about the freedom of speech, and dude knows that.

But to insinuate otherwise it's just another volley. A way to get someone to respond and maybe get off balance. Then he'll use your next response to find something else to hit on to perpetuate this argument which is basically not even an argument because there is no arguing that LeBron James is a hypocrite.

That's why anyone in here in the contrarian mood is turning it into "what do you care about Hong Kong" or "why should he care about Hong Kong"

Because they might be able to get somewhere with that. They will get nowhere starting off with 'LeBron James it's not a hypocrite, and here is why'

So we need to call out Kanter then?

And on the other hand vetoes Congress to sell $350 billion dollars worth of arms to Saudi Arabia, a country currently waging wholesale slaughter of Yemenis, and is renowned for its overt disappearing and execution of dissidents. Also the same man who DEFENDED the Crown Prince's innocence from allegations of having an American permanent resident chopped up into mincemeat, despite all evidence to the contrary. But lets focus on a basketball player's reticence regarding China. Priorities indeed. Damn Lebron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back