Rumored Leon Edwards plans to call out the winner of Strickland vs Du Plessis after UFC 296!

giphy.gif

No, two defenses isn’t enough. Still has plenty of work left. Belal and Rakhmonov are right there. Brady, Garry, Maddalena all potentially there soon. Tired of this champ champ stuff. If they’re going to do it, needs to be reserved for a very select few.

What the hell is going on with the UFC champions..

Dana and Co must be dangling some large carrots for Double Champ status or something... In the contract's...cuz every fucking one of these guys cant even stay in their divisions...

Or

More evidence that fucking weight cutting needs to abolished or controlled...these guys out here kill themselves for a belt via dehydration and then once they get it realize its not sustainable and want to go up right away... its bullshit ...and throws their entire reign into question as champion...YOU clear your Contenders off first then move up ... challenge them ..then vacate the smaller weight title if you win the other...still champ champ but at least your not fucking your division in the ass

i would honestly be more excited if a champ came out and said "i wanna beat the consecutive defense record for my weight class".

They would be my favorite champion immediately... Hands down ..

And that'll make them the GOAT of that division

Divisional GOAT

1) win title
2) Defend said title more times then any previous champion did agaisnt ranked opponents.
3) that is all

i would honestly be more excited if a champ came out and said "i wanna beat the consecutive defense record for my weight class".

I always felt like that is so much more impressive. Beating all the contenders in your weight class is more impressive than winning a 2nd belt right away when you've just won the belt. Feels like with the right match up, there can be many double champs. I think there should be some rule where you need at least 3 title defenses before you fight for another belt

This shit is starting to get out of control. The sense of entitlement once you become champ that you should automatically be able to try to become a double champ is nonsense especially when your not a big draw. More people tuned in to see Usman and Covington rather that Leon (at least thats the sense I've gotten). They may have to make up a bullshit rule that you need 5 defenses before you can fight up for a belt. Clean out your fucking division.

This shit is starting to get out of control. The sense of entitlement once you become champ that you should automatically be able to try to become a double champ is nonsense especially when your not a big draw. More people tuned in to see Usman and Covington rather that Leon (at least thats the sense I've gotten). They may have to make up a bullshit rule that you need 5 defenses before you can fight up for a belt. Clean out your fucking division.

Is Leon delusional or something? Why the fuck would the UFC have any interest in him becoming double champ? Let alone taking the MW belt from a huge name who actually does sell tickets unlike him in Strickland?

Dana's gonna tell him to stfu and he's fighting Shavkat next.

Back