Rumored Leon Edwards plans to call out the winner of Strickland vs Du Plessis after UFC 296!

Fuck these champs trying to fight in a different division before they've defended 4-5 times and earned it

Fuck the UFC for enabling it and pushing it in the name of a quick and easy buck because they don't actually do their job and promote their fighters
I really don't think it's the fighters faults. The UFC can create the incentives to steer them to defenses or weight jumps. For me it's all on the UFC for the reasons you stated.

It was fun when we were talking about GSP vs Anderson Silva, but this now is just silly

or when Aldo was hot back in the day and there were talks about him going up to fight for the 55 belt but Uncle Dana wouldn't allow it unless he dropped the 45 belt first smh..

I'm getting sick of the hasty double champ shit. Volk did it right. Clear the division and the opportunity will present itself.
Except Alex NEVER cleared the division. He beat 3 guys in the top 10 before moving up. Max (3 times), Ortega, and KZ.

I don’t think people in here even understand what “clearing the division means”. How is 3/10 in 5 fights “cleared out”? The other 7 guys don’t exist, or what?

They actually made an Interim Title fight so Alex could fuck around in a different division. Enough is enough. And at no time is 3 out of the top 10 “clearing a division”.

Except Alex NEVER cleared the division. He beat 3 guys in the top 10 before moving up. Max (3 times), Ortega, and KZ.

I don’t think people in here even understand what “clearing the division means”. How is 3/10 in 5 fights “cleared out”? The other 7 guys don’t exist, or what?

They actually made an Interim Title fight so Alex could fuck around in a different division. Enough is enough. And at no time is 3 out of the top 10 “clearing a division”.
Problem is the other contenders were getting stopped by Holloway, which led to Volk having to fight him 3 fucking times. What do you expect him to do about that? Give undeserved shots to guys who haven't earned it?

Welcome to the UFC, where the belts are made up and the weight divisions don't matter!
You wanna be a HW champ? Too bad he doesn't want to fight you or the guy you just beat but here's an interim belt.

is that a photoshop his arms looks scrawny. Vs Sean ok, but Dru looks like he would run ath im and finish him in 4 minutes. But +1 ppv champ payday. If loss, go back to ppv money at ww.

LW (Islam) wants to fight WW for belt.
WW (Edwards) wants to fight MW for belt.
MW (DuPLessis) wants to fight LHW for belt.
Pereira maybe would call out HW (for a 3rd belt) but the champ wont even fight the interim champ.
Welcome to UFC, where fighters are encouraged to have loud mouths, grab belts and jump ship.

He's not knocking out Colby.

He could do it. Conor did it and talked his way into the idea. If …”IF”…..Leon KO’s Colby or finishes him, why couldn’t he then go to fight the winner of MW contention

i for one am tired of the double champ BS too.
HOWVER AFTER WHAT I SEEN .....
GET YOUR MONEY LEON

heres the conclusion i came to. If you are LOVED by the community and promoter
being a company man and taking risky fights MIGHT pay off keyword MIGHT.
IF YOU ARE ON DANA'S SH1T LIST, like Tyron /CYBORG/ TITO/Francis
then BE FREAKING SELFISH. <45> Cause its only a matter of time for dana to play games. so
Hold up the division make sure the money is right, if
you stepped on a pebble call off the fight, tell ESPN something untrue just to annoy dana
etc etc.
CAUSE If for whatever reason dana doesnt like you, DANA WILL MAKE YOU PAY... And the fans who hate you
will make sure they voice their negative opinions which will shut that fighter out of opportunities.
unless of course they are Colby and have political leverage ....go figure

Leon should however fight shavkat Also belal does have a streak and there is unfinished business.
so leon should see where him and daddy dana stands. if the money is right and dana is casual....
take the contenders...if danas being a Jerk then be selfish...... it worked for francis and nate

Nah that's not very interesting. I wish champs would stay where they're at. 5 defenses at least and then you've earned the shot. Otherwise how do we know if you weren't just lucky getting the belt and then lose it immediately after? Like what if Forrest Griffin challenged Brock Lesnar? Griffin was not a "holy crap this guy is a future GOAT" kind of fighter. And neither is Leon.

There should definitely be an unwritten rule that champions need minimum 2 or 3 successful title defenses against top 7 ranked divisional opponents with at least 2 finishes in order to challenge for champ champ.

Or they can vacate the belt and move to a different division.

UFC needs to enact a vacate policy for champs moving up. Enough is enough.

Leon the Peon doesn't deserve it in the least bit.

Since 2019, he has beat ONE ranked welterweight.

Back