Let’s be real, Does anyone beat Usman?

Even though he only has 1 title defense, he has pretty much already cleared out the division. He has wins against 5 of the top 10 ranked welterweights (Woodley, Colby, Leon, Maia, RDA). Other guys in the top 10 won’t ever challenge for the title (Diaz, Chiesa,Burns).

The guy is the biggest, strongest fighter in the division, endless cardio, elite wrestling/pressure, his striking is pretty basic but serviceable.

Unless Masvidal somehow starches him early, he’s likely going to get wrestlefucked for 5 rounds.

easy nope.

Funny enough I think the person with the best chance is Woodley. Something seemed off about him in the first fight, and if he were to throw caution to the wind and actually take a fight to Usman I think he could do it. Woodley being the agressor is rare and has become even rarer so maybe not.
Woodley doesn't have a chance against Usman. He doesn't deserve a rematch and seems like he's got one foot out the door from his fighting career.
source.gif

I hate to admit it, but Colby was putting up a hell of a fight against him. I dont think he's invincible.

Covington with a better game plan.
Covington fought his very best fight, and he was finished. Usman has way more room for improvement than Covington. Covington has peaked.

However, the fact that Covington was able to touch Usman at will, with his subpar striking, means that a better striker can put Usman to sleep.

Usman can be slept.

Funny enough I think the person with the best chance is Woodley. Something seemed off about him in the first fight, and if he were to throw caution to the wind and actually take a fight to Usman I think he could do it. Woodley being the agressor is rare and has become even rarer so maybe not.
Tyrone doesn't throw caution to the wind against fighters like Usmans, he never has.

I'll be surprised if he makes it to three defenses.

Covington fought his very best fight, and he was finished. Usman has way more room for improvement than Covington. Covington has peaked.

However, the fact that Covington was able to touch Usman at will, with his subpar striking, means that a better striker can put Usman to sleep.

Usman can be slept.

Usman and Covington are both wrestlers who decided to box because they neutralize each other on the ground. A striker isn’t going to put Usman in any danger unless he can match Usman’s wrestling.

Well.cody was beating him until the end. Great fight that could have went either way. Usman showed great heart in that battle, much hespect to.both warriors.

He looked pretty far from unbeatable vs Colby. Not sure where this is coming from.
Right? Colby easily could have won that fight now all the sudden Usman is GSP. I love this Johnny come lately shit it’s as if every fighter from this era is an unstoppable beast (Israel). I can’t wait until Costa beats his ass

I can't see it.

After out-wrestling Woodley and out-boxing Colby.. Usman may be the greatest fighter of all lol

I still get pissed to this day when in his fight with Demain Maia the ref pulled Maia off of Usman’s back with a hook in.

Goddamn that shit gets me heated just thinking about it.

Be interesting to watch him fight Burns as Burns is another very high level bjj guy.

Burns was/has been Usmans training partner since way back in the Blackzillian days. Im sure Burns would struggle submitting Usman if they have shared that much mat time with one another.

Erick silva in a few more years maybe.

What the hell, flame away but....
a44i3485.jpg

He is the betting favorite against any WW.

Of course, there are still some very hard match-ups for him... Masvidal, Edwards, Thompson, Burns...
Who knows. He certainly has the skillset to put together a nice little title-defense run.

Back