Lets talk about Stipe's horrible striking defense (again)

So post a single embarrassing part of that fight.

You can’t find any because neither did much of anything. Ngannou froze because he didn’t expect to lose to Stipe and was probably getting flashbacks of homelessness. Ngannou has always been a guy prone to anxiety.

Nothing Lewis did in that fight made Francis look like an embarrassment or even just way worse.

Considering how devastating Ngannou is, his whole performance vs. Lewis was embarrassing.

If you're talking about getting destroyed, then no, that hasn't happene yet. But he's in his prime, and plenty of fighters do not get destroyed in their primes.

4 pages and nobody has said anything good about Stipe's defense. It's all Fedor/Cain/JDS this and that.

I wonder why.

Considering how devastating Ngannou is, his whole performance vs. Lewis was embarrassing.

If you're talking about getting destroyed, then no, that hasn't happene yet. But he's in his prime, and plenty of fighters do not get destroyed in their primes.

Stipe got embarrassed in his prime. So did GSP. And Anderson Silva. So have plenty of other GOATs.

You can certainly say he did against Stipe the first time. But not throwing any punches against Lewis? Lewis barely landing anything himself?

That wasn’t a fight. It meant nothing.

Fedor dominated until he entered a legit org and then miraculously passed his prime and got his ass beat like a Cherokee drum by all the bum fighters. How convenient.

And this makes Stipe's horrible striking defense better how?

When you talk about GOAT status or greatness.. it really has to do more about how unstoppable a person is referred to in their moment of greatness, Stipe does get the HW Goat monikor because of his title defenses in UFC which up until now it's shocking how no other HW Champion has had more than 2 straight title defenses... but for some reason.. Stipe never had the same appreciation and love from people who accepted that guy is the Baddest dude Walking.. Fedor had that.. people who watched the UFC at that time recognized the UFC's HW champion.. but always knew there was a man walking the planet named Fedor who was the baddest man and would take the belt if he had the opportunity.

GSP had an aura of being unstoppable for a time as well.. Khabib recently has that where it is widely appreciated with out a doubt that no man at 155lb could win in a cage match to the death lol..Khabib is the opposite to stipe.. in that he wasn't regarded as being unstoppable because of the amount of title defenses he had, more the undefeated record and the widespread acclaim as being the best human being that fought at LW...

Not trying to take anything away from Stipe because in UFC records alone he is right now the HW Goat until someone does better..But its the widespread acceptance and respect from the most amount of people as a whole that gives you that legendary status... And if we are trying to compare Fedor's Aura of invicibility is most certainly greater > than any type of invicibility that Stipe ever had generated.

If that makes sense?

Stipe got embarrassed in his prime. So did GSP. And Anderson Silva. So have plenty of other GOATs.

You can certainly say he did against Stipe the first time. But not throwing any punches against Lewis? Lewis barely landing anything himself?

That wasn’t a fight. It meant nothing.

Not Fedor/Jones/Khabib though. But they're on another level.

Ngannou will have embarrassing losses. He's not that good. I know special fighters when I see them, and Francis isn't one of them.

He was given time to recover, wasn't he?

If he was able to see and fight, then there's no excuse.
But Fedor has the "prime" excuse when he was 33 and 10 years of fighting? Flash news, Stipe is 38 and has been fighting for 11 years, 10 of those in a legit organization, not a circus like Pride

Ngannou isn’t losing for another 4 years. But I’ll come back to this then​

But Fedor has the "prime" excuse when he was 33 and 10 years of fighting? Flash news, Stipe is 38 and has been fighting for 11 years, 10 of those in a legit organization, not a circus like Pride

Age =/= prime.

You've been posting here since 2011 and you don't know this?

Nothing you showed is remotely as embarrassing as getting stanky legged by a pro wrestler with a .500 record

282jlz6_jpg_medium.gif

or getting mauled on the feet and ground by a guy DC and Cain destroyed in 1 round each

4_medium_medium.gif

or getting slept by a 40 year old MW who got dominated by Jake Shields lmao

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif
I am a massive massive fedor fan(particularly of his toolbox in his early career)

However you are absolutely correct

Ngannou isn’t losing for another 4 years. But I’ll come back to this then​

Depends on who he fights.

5 of his last 7 wins have been against high mileage fighters. If he keeps fighting veterans, then yeah, he might keep winning.

I don't see it though. I think he's too flawed to be a long time dominant champion. Starting with his cardio.

Ok, so who are the alternatives exactly? You would probably say Lewis, Stipe, Volkov, Johnson, JJ, have mileage on them.

So that leaves only Gane. Which I think he beats too.

Yes most fighters tap to fully locked chokes. It takes a special kind of person to tap to strikes.
It's cool to quit if you are Fedor

Right got it..

He made that tap out look cool..

Ok, so who are the alternatives exactly? You would probably say Lewis, Stipe, Volkov, Johnson, JJ, have mileage on them.

So that leaves only Gane. Which I think he beats too.

There aren't much. HW is crap. It has been for a while.

It's cool to quit if you are Fedor

Right got it..

He made that tap out look cool..

No, it is OK to tap when a world class bjj fighter has you in a fully locked sub and your chances of escaping are non existant.

It is not OK to tap to strikes because you panicked.

Back