Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Walt Harris' Shoulder Posture

Uh... I don't think Walt swims.
Brilliant. I'm talking about how having square shoulders is not an unnatural affectation.

tenor.gif

Eye of the beholder. Sounds like you're projecting. Hater. Don't be mad!

P.S. don't use pictures that disprove what you're claiming. Lol. Pitiful.
Actually, those are athletes with very square shoulders, even moreso than Harris, who were all world champion athletes in a sport where full range of motion of the shoulders is a requirement, jackass. Would that be an example of "biomechanics"?

Here's a couple of guys who are known for being able to punch very well (more biomechanics in action!). Tell me how their posture is so much different than Harris'

deontay-wilder-malik-scott-2021.jpg

Anthony-Joshua-380-AP.jpg

You'll learn about optimal biomechanics of the human body, one day. Assuming you're up for it.

Or I can just invent nonsense and post stuff that I pull out of my ass. It seems to be working for you.

It's actually kind of funny that you'd lecture on "biomechanics" when having NOTHING to back up what you're saying..... other than posted pictures that don't prove your point, at all.

Actually, those are athletes with very square shoulders, even moreso than Harris, who were all world champion athletes in a sport where full range of motion of the shoulders is a requirement, jackass.

Here's a couple of guys who are known for being able to punch very well. Tell me how their posture is so much different than Harris'

deontay-wilder-malik-scott-2021.jpg

Anthony-Joshua-380-AP.jpg
Quite dissimilar. Again. Eye of the beholder. And just because you quoted a few doesn't mean they are perfect. Everyone can improve.

Or I can just invent nonsense and post stuff that I pull out of my ass. It seems to be working for you.

You made it a personal stance. Truth hurts to those who hate the truth.

Hate less and you'll learn more.

Quite dissimilar. Again. Eye of the beholder. And just because you quoted a few doesn't mean they are perfect. Everyone can improve.
And just because you posted a single example of someone with square shoulders who doesn't have great punching mechanics doesn't mean the two are related, at all.

Yes, eye of the beholder, indeed, since even the woman in the photo has shoulders as square as Harris. Feel free to share what's fundamentally different about their shoulders and posture. Other than "I must reject the obvious similarity because my initial premise is idiotic".

And just because you posted a single example of someone with square shoulders who doesn't have great punching mechanics doesn't mean the two are related, at all.

Yes, eye of the beholder, indeed, since even the woman in the photo has shoulders as square as Harris. Feel free to share what's fundamentally different about their shoulders and posture. Other than "I must reject the obvious similarity because my initial premise is idiotic".
Keep hating. I don't hate you though. You just don't see it and you never will with that rotten attitude.

This post was for those with a constructive mind and those willing to learn about the biomechanics of true power punchers like Tyson, Lawler, Hunt, Shogun, Marciano, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Etc.

Everyone can improve, but, literally, there was not a single person on the planet who were better than them, at their peak. Clearly, they were not inhibited by shoulders. Or maybe you think it's all equal because every person in the sport was similarly walking around with an unnatural posture from a desire to look like they had shoulders.

Keep hating. I don't hate you though. You just don't see it and you never will with that rotten attitude.

This post was for those with a constructive mind and those willing to learn about the biomechanics of true power punchers like Tyson, Lawler, Hunt, Shogun, Marciano, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Etc.
If you posted something that had some kind of backup, foundation, citation, reference of any kind, I might see it. But you can't see what isn't there and doesn't exist.

If you actually were posting something about the biomechanics of his punches vs theirs, and how they differ, then we might be having the discussion you claim you want to have.

But you made it "I think Harris walks around 'shrugging' all the time to look like he has bigger shoulders" which is not, at all, the discussion you are pretending you want to have.

I notice your active deflection from my request for details on what is fundamentally different about the shoulders and posture.

I'm sure you actually believe you have some kind of brilliant scientific insight here. Super. But you wishing for it to be so doesn't make it so.

How is this the elephant in the room? lol

That expression refers to something obvious that people are afraid to talk about
Right,its like half the people here arent even aware of Greg Hardy's existence,but well in,good thread regardless.

Back