Movies LOTR vs Star Wars Original

LOTR vs Star Wars

• LOTR

• Star Wars

Results are only viewable after voting.
Harry-potter-films.png

I haven’t seen either.

You couldnt make me give a shit for LOTR.

I grew up on Star Wars being a child of the 80s. It was everywhere from cereal boxes, toy shelves to games. So naturaly, I was a huge Star Wars fan, still am....selectively that is.

That being said, the OG LOTR trilogy was a masterpiece of filmmaking and my favourite trilogy of all times.

Every film was near perfection. I cant say the same about every original star wars film, no matter how nostalgic i get.

Love both, grew up with Star Wars but as I’ve grown older I find myself leaning toward LotR more and more. I was a teenager when Fellowship came out and I remember just being in awe during the Mines of Moria scenes. Fellowship has actually become my favorite in the series now.

I just love the world of LotR, the characters, the epic feel to everything. It’s just about perfect.

I’m always up for a rewatch of either trilogy though. And with SW I don’t have to plan an entire day around it lol.

LOTR is unequivocally better.

Star Wars lore is more interesting than the actual movies. The movies aren’t necessarily that good.

Empire is good
New Hope is fun
Jedi was awful.

This is the right answer. I voted LOTR b/c they are better movies.

Of course the Star Wars franchise is iconic and the worlds it has created are massive and generational. Doesn't mean they were better though. They were first and came out during a time when it was groundbreaking stuff.

LOTR is a great book and story, but not a great directed film series.

Star Wars and ESB are masterpieces in movie making.

How the fuck is lotr even competitive, much less, winning?

All 3 LOTR films rate higher on IMDb than the Star Wars films plus 1 of them won an oscar.

I've never gotten into Star wars (any of them) but I ordered the original trilogy the way it was originally shown in theaters so I'll check that out once I get it to see if it changes my mind.

LOTR movies are incredibly well done. It’s the only trilogy that could compete with the original Star Wars. It’s high quality across the board and the characters are really great.

Fellowship of the Ring is my favorite of the 3.

All 3 LOTR films rate higher on IMDb than the Star Wars films plus 1 of them won an oscar.

I've never gotten into Star wars (any of them) but I ordered the original trilogy the way it was originally shown in theaters so I'll check that out once I get it to see if it changes my mind.
Lotr are good movies, but have massive areas of boring segments.

Im not bored at all in any of the 3 original star wars.

Lotr are good movies, but have massive areas of boring segments.

Im not bored at all in any of the 3 original star wars.

I haven't watched the original Star wars since I was a kid so I'm a little excited to see what all the fuss is about

im early 30s and voted star wars.

Everytime I go "oh ishould watch lord of the rings again" I start and get pissed off/fall asleep.

LOTR was only waht, 20 years ago, and barely has made a blip culturally. Everyone still knows all of star wars everything despite the sequal and prequal trilogies.

and for all the shitting on the sequal trilogies (justified)...dont forget how fucking shit all thoe hobbit movies where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back