Elections MAGANOMICS

Speak for yourself, wage slave.
Wage earners are also doing better than ever pre-pandemic. And, while Trump doesn't deserve all the blame (he does deserve some, though), note that they did extremely poorly during his presidency. Total job growth in Trump's presidency was negative 2.9M, which I believe is the worst record any president has ever had.

Wage earners are also doing better than ever pre-pandemic. And, while Trump doesn't deserve all the blame (he does deserve some, though), note that they did extremely poorly during his presidency. Total job growth in Trump's presidency was negative 2.9M, which I believe is the worst record any president has ever had.

Absolutely.

I speak their language because I'm a life long republican that grew up in the south. I just haven't voted for one for president since 2004 because of the Iraq War, but that decision has been compounded by being born in 1981 and seeing in my lifetime 3 Republican presidents ruin the economy and 3 Democrat presidents fix it. It was a teachable moment about the delayed impact of economic policies.

The party abandoned traditional conservatism 20 years ago, today's party is not conservative, so I don't see how any honest conservative can support MAGA - an obvious fascist movement our greatest generation gave so many of their lives to fight offshore so it wouldn't come onto our shores. The shameless ignorance should be enough to drive away any and all good faith actors.

and don't get me started on their desire to abandon Europe and democracy. I see no evidence MAGA isn't wholly owned by Vladimir Putin with how precisely aligned their goals are.

Trump just came out with his new campaign slogan. References that Biden and his allies decided that saying Bidenomics was bad messaging. Pretty brilliant by Trump's team, tbh

For reference about Bidenomics

The economy is ok ; it's not the recession the right was predicting. Even ex Trump official and Fox News Business critic who said the economy was going to crash had to admit he was wrong.

--

Ex-Trump official admits his prediction about Biden economy was wrong

Fox Business host and former Trump adviser Larry Kudlow admits that he was wrong about a recession under President Joe Biden after predicting one and slamming him numerous times.

--

'I Was Wrong': Ex-Trump White House Adviser Makes Surprise Confession On Fox Business

“Mea culpa,” Fox Business host Larry Kudlow said on the air Thursday. “I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession, so was the entire forecasting fraternity.”

Fox News host Sandra Smith, however, tried to get him to back out of it.

“I don’t think you were wrong,” she said.

But Kudlow, who was director of the National Economic Council under Trump for nearly three years, stuck with it.

“The Fed, everyone was wrong,” he said, referring to widespread predictions of a recession in 2022 and 2023 that never came to fruition

The economy is ok ; it's not the recession the right was predicting. Even ex Trump official and Fox News Business critic who said the economy was going to crash had to admit he was wrong.
If a Republican were president and GDP growth were what it's been, unemployment were what it was, real wages were as high as they are (and growing at the rate they've been growing over the past year), etc., I think there would be very widespread agreement that the economy was more than OK, that it was as good as we've ever seen it. And just imagine what the media and WRers would be saying if Trump took office in the state the economy was in in 2021 and saw this kind of turnaround.

If a Republican were president and GDP growth were what it's been, unemployment were what it was, real wages were as high as they are (and growing at the rate they've been growing over the past year), etc., I think there would be very widespread agreement that the economy was more than OK, that it was as good as we've ever seen it. And just imagine what the media and WRers would be saying if Trump took office in the state the economy was in in 2021 and saw this kind of turnaround.
I refrained from saying it was "good" because someone will invariably say that the sharp increase in cost of living / inflation argues otherwise.

Oh my god, the opinion piece from Justin Haskins was brought up again regarding the tax cuts….. some things just never die

Trump just came out with his new campaign slogan. References that Biden and his allies decided that saying Bidenomics was bad messaging. Pretty brilliant by Trump's team, tbh

For reference about Bidenomics

I voted for Trump in 2020 and will vote for him again in 2024, but i pity anyone who thinks that a politician is going to save us from the unbelievable amount of debt we have accumulated.

There is no stopping this train.

Back