Media Magomed Ankalaev LHW champ 2024

The man is a false idol. A 5-rounder with Alex would not be his friend.

That was Walker's 5th career KO loss and he's just barely over .500 in the UFC overall.

Ankalaev had a fairly light strength of schedule up until the Jan fight - he got the opportunity to prove he was among the best, but couldn't get it done. Jan is a hard working and skilled guy, but he's nowhere near the best LHW of his generation.

We are in a particularly thin era of 205lbs right now, so sure, Ankalaev will be solidly top 5. I don't think he's a fighter of particular note though.

Ank has the skills to beat Poatan but does he have the IQ? He seems to only ever wrestle if hes getting outclassed in the striking and at that point vs someone like Poatan it might be too late.

Poatan kicks the shit out of his legs and the KOs him stiff.

I consider him some sort of champ regardless. He fought in a title fight and did not lose. Thats got to be worth something.

Man shut the fuck up and open your eyes before you talk. All these Ankalaev nuthugging is theough the roof

He got his ass beat by Jan and got gifted a bullshit draw

The KO was a vintage JW situation but we should not forget that Ankl cheated from the first second to slow Walker down and turn the momentum!

In the very first moments when Walker walked Ankl down he eyepoked Walker and then when he realized it was not enough to stop the Brazilian he went low. After that Walker wasnt the same… Ankl even attempted two more low blows but Walker was able to move away. It definitely stopped Walkers momentum and showed what a character Ankl really is, or isnt.

I don't like him much, but I'd love to see a wrestler fight Alex.

Lets see if he is Alex is an actual MMA fighter or just a kickboxer masquerading as one.

Best LHW for quite some time. Few speedbumps because of judges and him being stupid, but the skillset is there and cannot be denied. I am not a particular fan, but him and Hill are the best in the division and I believe, bar injuries, they will prove it.

Not sure why people hate this guy. All around fighter and Dude shows up and KOs people. His one blunder was illegal kneeing Walker in the 1st fight. He doesn’t have a personality but I tune in to watch him fight not to date him.
It's not that he doesn't have a personality, it's because the dude is a moron. And tell me, is KOing anthony smith and fucking walker of all people supposed to be something to be impressed about?

He is clearly a top 5 fighter atm but some people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ. However, I do think that he is bigger challenge for Pereira than Hill is.

If Ank gets to fight Pereira, it will be Magomed's first bout I will be rooting for him.

Bit of a dull personality but very good well rounded fighter at LHW i think he grapplefucks Poatan unfortunately

Back