Manlet pushes me to the ground out of nowhere while I'm sitting (story time again, eventful night)

The only thing you got wrong was "inserting yourself in someone else's situation". I didn't insert myself into shit. She inserted herself into my buddy and i's convo.

If a couple is at a bar, one is mumbling drunk and they aren't talking to eachother, that is a situation.

If the girl is talking to YOU, you are in that situation.

If you wish to debate over who inserted what where, i suggest you conduct that debate with Midget Mike.
Good luck with that

But by the time I put that together I was on the ground and they were being elected

Exactly. All the clues were there.

-Talking to someone else's girl.
- that dude is wasted
- you weren't aware of him and let him get the jump on you.

All things considered you are fortunate you came out unscathed. Instead of tackling you and your barstool he just as easily could have sucker punched you or pulled you backwards off that stool head first towards the ground.

If someone is shitcan wasted, keep an eye on them. If they are that drunk, it is generally easy to see them coming.

The outcome of most bar altercations are heavily influenced by who is paying attention to the events as they unfold. This particular situation seems, from the details you provided, to have been easily avoidable.

Don't take your eyes off the angry drunk midget. Now you know.

None of that happened.

You tried chatting up a hottie and got double legged by her stud boyfriend who was within earshot.

;)

For real though I can appreciate. Many crazy bar stories of human behaviour far beyond explanation.

Do you really need further explanation to understand the situation?
The dude saw the three of us talking outside, from inside the bar, got butthurt that his girl would dare to talk to anyone other than him, stormed off, she chases him down and brings him back outside to our table, I offer him my jacket, they go inside and grab jackets, come back to our table and he yeets me out of my chair within 3 seconds of coming back. Absolutely nothing that transpired warranted what he did. The security guy later told me that the same guy had been ejected and 86'd from another bar across the street for a similar situation. The situation was the result of napoleon complex mixed with too much alcohol in too small of a body. That's the explanation. I still don't understand her reaction though. She definitely had some drinks in her but she wasn't belligerently drunk like he was. Any woman I've ever dated, would have had an opposite reaction if I treated someone like that out in public. They would be saying "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Taking his side in what exactly? She injects herself into my buddy and I's convo. I'm nothing but nice to her. She keeps calling me cute. Drunk manlet storms out of bar before I've even interacted with or seen him. She goes and grabs him and brings him back to where we are, presumably to introduce us all. He's wearing a t-shirt and shivering him, I offer him my jacket. He mumbles something twice. Neither my buddy or I hear what he said. The couple goes inside, comes back outside wearing jackets, I compliment the guy's jacket and he pushes me out of my chair. What is she taking his side in?

Once the manlet showed he was in opposition to you she was immediately on his side. She probably gets off on that stuff, they likely had hot sex thinking about you afterwards. You didn't need to know what was going on for their game. You were an NPC.

If a couple is at a bar, one is mumbling drunk and they aren't talking to eachother, that is a situation.

If the girl is talking to YOU, you are in that situation.

If you wish to debate over who inserted what where, i suggest you conduct that debate with Midget Mike.
Good luck with that

Exactly. All the clues were there.

-Talking to someone else's girl.
- that dude is wasted
- you weren't aware of him and let him get the jump on you.

All things considered you are fortunate you came out unscathed. Instead of tackling you and your barstool he just as easily could have sucker punched you or pulled you backwards off that stool head first towards the ground.

If someone is shitcan wasted, keep an eye on them. If they are that drunk, it is generally easy to see them coming.

The outcome of most bar altercations are heavily influenced by who is paying attention to the events as they unfold. This particular situation seems, from the details you provided, to have been easily avoidable.

Don't take your eyes off the angry drunk midget. Now you know.
Again, I didn't go up to her and initiate. She came up to my buddy and I's table outside and started talking to us. She had mentioned her boyfriend in the convo that followed, but I didn't even know he was at the bar until he went walking through the parking lot and she went chasing after him.

Fortunately, my chair was backed up to the outside railing of the patio, so he couldn't have snuck up behind me. I'm facing him, seated in my chair, when the whole thing goes down. I didn't see the potential for what happened, because literally nothing happened before it. There was no argument. No exchanging of words. Nothing. I don't expect to get tossed to the ground by someone just moments after offering that same person the jacket off my back. When he was mumbling incoherently to my friend, which is where my bud picked up on the potential danger, I didn't think anything of it. Just thought the guy was too drunk and slurring his words.

Lol a divorce addict with a kid wasn’t enough of a red flag

You needed an insecure manlet with anger issues to punk you to really drive home the situation
I expect to get back what I put out into the world, and I was nothing but extremely kind to both of them.

I expect to get back what I put out into the world, and I was nothing but extremely kind to both of them.

I get it. Not how things work; although being nice to people is the right way to go about your days.

@Michaelangelo Sort of beat me to the punch. Former addict who is drinking in a bar... She hasn't really been clean for nine years. I wouldn't be surprised by her actions. She has to go home with that asshole, too. Who knows what's going on in their little world.

Now keep your dogs inside and never speak with those two again.

I’m guessing the girl you were talking to is the girlfriend of the guy who pushed you. You have to watch out for that sort of thing.
I know a guy who was talking to his ex roommate, who was a girl, in a bar. He was not flirting but gave her a hug. Her boyfriend was there. What he didn’t know was that her boyfriend was one of those roid monkeys who also does lots of coke (very bad combination in my experience).
The guy followed him out to his car, put on some brass knuckles, and hit him. He woke up later in the street. Teeth were all knocked out.

Jealous, little dick boyfriends will fucking kill you if you even look at their girl. They’re an amazing species with zero impulse control and tiny, tiny penises.

Look at it from manlets perspective. From your perspective you were just being friendly and charming and charismatic to both of them, from his perspective you were flirting with his girl and then being a smart arse to him. Little man syndrome is real.

Once the manlet showed he was in opposition to you she was immediately on his side. She probably gets off on that stuff, they likely had hot sex thinking about you afterwards. You didn't need to know what was going on for their game. You were an NPC.
This

You just happened to be the guy that night. Replace you with any other guy, and the outcome would have been the same. Don’t take it personal, and since you didn’t get hurt, besides maybe some pride, let it roll off you. Drunk people always do dumb drunk shit. Also, never interfere or associate yourself with arguing couples. The woman will turn on you even if you’re trying to help. Not worth the risk

Lol a divorced addict with a kid wasn’t enough of a red flag

You needed an insecure manlet with anger issues to punk you to really drive home the situation
Exactly this.
Bragging about she's "so happy!" At a failed marriage and becoming a single mom at 30. And the next guy she wants in her life and around her kid is a guy who starts fights at bars.
Lol at op "catching the vibes from her"

Haha @blackheart you literally just emasculated the guy that's why he pushed you.

Talking to his girl behind him, your boy telling him basically to speak up, then you offering your coat to him like he's a little boy. I don't think you realized it but basically you were big manning him the entire time, all you had left to do was pick him up and ask him if baby needed his bottle dude.

Also just from experience ex-addict women start all kinds of shit and ALWAYS back the man, what did you think was going to happen you guys were going to make out?

Haha @blackheart you literally just emasculated the guy that's why he pushed you.

Talking to his girl behind him, your boy telling him basically to speak up, then you offering your coat to him like he's a little boy. I don't think you realized it but basically you were big manning him the entire time, all you had left to do was pick him up and ask him if baby needed his bottle dude.

Also just from experience ex-addict women start all kinds of shit and ALWAYS back the man, what did you think was going to happen you guys were going to make out?
I didn't think anything was going to happen. I didn't make any advances on this chick and had no expectations other than basic decency

I wasn't trying to emasculate him. I see a guy wearing a t shirt in freezing temperatures, I have an excess of jackets to spare, so I offered it up. He's the boyfriend of this nice chick I was talking to. That's the kind of guy I am

Back