Media Marcin Tybura Submits Tai Tuivasa GIFS

Tai needs to stop drinking before he pisses his career away. I worry for the guy, he has all the markings of a fighter whos' after ufc life has some dark times.

Tuivasas ground game was TERRIBLE tonight.

My instincts tell me I could probably remove the caveat of that statement, but I don't have enough memories of him on the ground.

Didnt JDS also completely embarass Tai on the ground? I could be mis remembering that, but I have that impression from their fight. And I love JDS but he isn't exactly Khabib.

That was BAD. Did he even TRY to hip escape, shrimp or squirm to create a scramble or some space?
He got caught in a "gift wrap" which I don't recall very many elite fighters getting caught in.

Worst thing is, he looks like he kind of gives up when he's losing the ground fight

Tai is just a sloppy fat can who need to lay off the Dominos and actually work on trying to develop somewhat of a ground game

Should just stick to food eating contests instead of MMA

Last edited:
Tuivasa's training must have dropped off his stomach is looking real bad. At one point he had a solid string of victories that took him to the top of the division now we're talking about him fighting the kung fu panda.

Yeah Tai has 1990s level TDD and ground game lol. Also seems to just wilt instantly if it hits the ground. He knows he's not good there.

I’m sorry, but tai just isn’t very talented even for a heavyweight. Zero technique, zero ground game, absolutely atrocious takedown/submission defense.

Why did i think he was gonna KO tybura? I feel like an idiot now lol 😂
Betting number cruncher I use gave Tybura a 60% chance of winning. Gut feelings are worthless in this sport.

I’m sorry, but tai just isn’t very talented even for a heavyweight. Zero technique, zero ground game, absolutely atrocious takedown/submission defense.

It's crazy how tuivasa got such momentum, I remember when he fought Gane in a main event (and caught him good btw, but he did nothing of it), it was a relatively decent fight at the time, at least it kinda made sense, after his 5 fights win streak. I thought he'd do a bit better, honestly, even if he's obviously limited.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
No tats wins again. Seems to be a pattern.

Add this to the evidence that the optimal male fighting weight is between 245 and 250 pounds. Fighters who walk around above 265 and have to actually cut as heavyweights tend to perform very poorly relative to their leaner counterparts.

Add this to the evidence that the optimal male fighting weight is between 245 and 250 pounds. Fighters who walk around above 265 and have to actually cut as heavyweights tend to perform very poorly relative to their leaner counterparts.
254# here. I can make middle weight if I had too.

Because he could have KO him.
With Tai and his KO power, it's 50 50.
Too bad he is isn't good at everything else.

Tuivasas ground game was TERRIBLE tonight.

My instincts tell me I could probably remove the caveat of that statement, but I don't have enough memories of him on the ground.

Didnt JDS also completely embarass Tai on the ground? I could be mis remembering that, but I have that impression from their fight. And I love JDS but he isn't exactly Khabib.

That was BAD. Did he even TRY to hip escape, shrimp or squirm to create a scramble or some space?
He got caught in a "gift wrap" which I don't recall very many elite fighters getting caught in.
Yeah against JDS he was mounted and he was trying to punch from the bottom instead of defense before getting ktfo.

I actually missed the main event and came back at the beginning of the post show. Dom and the commentators reviewed the stoppage and they more than implied that tai quit the fight. They were like "yeah and you can see here he's not even trying to fight the hands what is he doing" heavily implying he just gave in and accepted the choke when he could have easily hand fought and avoided the sub.

Took people this long to realize Tuivasa isn't a good fighter? It was evident years ago, all he has is ko power which everyone at HW practically has.

Back