Crime Matt Gaetz possibly under investigation for sex with a minor

The surveillance footage exists. It hasn't been released to the public yet. Probably never will, unfortunately.

If we can't see it it may as well not exist.

Gaetz is powerful and connected. So is his family. They probably made some sort of deal.

Maybe.
Maybe not.
Maybe this is a witchhunt.

The surveillance footage exists. It hasn't been released to the public yet. Probably never will, unfortunately. Gaetz is powerful and connected. So is his family. They probably made some sort of deal.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/these-text-messages-led-the-feds-to-matt-gaetz

embed-01_pscb3q

embed-02_lzi4zr

Same source as linked above. TONS of evidence against them which is why some have already pleaded guilty and why Gaetz himself sought a pardon for it, which is an admission of GUILT.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to fake text screenshots?

A Trump White House aide testified UNDER OATH about it. If you lie under oath you go to PRISON. Why would he lie under oath and risk ALL that. The evidence points towards that being the TRUTH. Perhaps an inconvenient truth for you, but the truth nevertheless.

*Sigh*

As I said in my previous post, if the feds were coming after me for bullshit I was innocent of, and didn't want to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on a defense, and STILL may be found guilty anyway because a good chunk of the Washington DC population hate my guts?

Yeah, I'd ask the President for a pardon too.

As stated earlier, requesting a pardon is an admission of GUILT.

No, its not.

Listen, as I said earlier I don't like Gaetz. I don't trust him, and I'd say there's a damn good chance he's dirty and guilty of something.

But with what I'm seeing in this thread, if I was on the jury, I'm not seeing anything that passes 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt' as the standard of guilt.

And.... apparently the federal prosecutors are aware of ALL these points mentioned by the media, and gone over them for legitimacy, and concluded there's not enough that would convince a Washington DC jury to convict a MAGA Republican.

I could argue more, but I really don't care about Gaetz to do so.

"according to a person familiar with office operations who saw the videotape."

Don't see the clip of Matt Gaetz in that link, and I don't trust anonymous sources saying "Oh I SAW Matt Gaetz...."

And, further, due to that story only having one source, who's anonymous, its not even worth writing a story on. But since its against a Republican...

And several of the people involved in these exchanges, and who were caught on camera, have all pled guilty to crimes and implicated Gaetz.

Look, I can understand their not being enough hard evidence to substantiate sex trafficking, but that's no reason to play stupid and pretend you can't put two and two together. Gaetz is a weird hill to die on.

If we can't see it it may as well not exist.

Maybe.
Maybe not.
Maybe this is a witchhunt.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to fake text screenshots?

*Sigh*

As I said in my previous post, if the feds were coming after me for bullshit I was innocent of, and didn't want to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on a defense, and STILL may be found guilty anyway because a good chunk of the Washington DC population hate my guts?

Yeah, I'd ask the President for a pardon too.

No, its not.

Listen, as I said earlier I don't like Gaetz. I don't trust him, and I'd say there's a damn good chance he's dirty and guilty of something.

But with what I'm seeing in this thread, if I was on the jury, I'm not seeing anything that passes 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt' as the standard of guilt.

And.... apparently the federal prosecutors are aware of ALL these points mentioned by the media, and gone over them for legitimacy, and concluded there's not enough that would convince a Washington DC jury to convict a MAGA Republican.

I could argue more, but I really don't care about Gaetz to do so.
The trial would have been in Florida not Washington, D.C. It's a federal case, but the offenses occurred in Florida, not Washington. Just because it's a federal case doesn't mean it automatically gets prosecuted in Washington. With all due respect, there are A LOT of things you're getting wrong about the facts of the case and you're one of the more partisan posters here. @Denter is just as far right as you are, if not even more so, but is more willing to admit and tell the truth about stuff like this. Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this, because it seems like you're a brick wall, no matter how much compelling evidence I state and source for you, and others do as well.

And several of the people involved in these exchanges, and who were caught on camera, have all pled guilty to crimes and implicated Gaetz.

Then there should be multiple layers of evidence for the federal prosecutors to convict Gaetz on.

Apparently there's not a federal prosecutor in Washington DC that thinks they have enough to convict him.

Why is what?

Look, I can understand their not being enough hard evidence to substantiate sex trafficking, but that's no reason to play stupid and pretend you can't put two and two together. Gaetz is a weird hill to die on.

Spare me 'weird hill to die on.'

No one's dying on any hill here.

I'm very open to any possible but not unspecific reasons why the federal prosecutors, who apparently have tons of evidence to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt, would not even bother do prosecute a MAGA Republican in Washington DC.

The way I'm seeing it, there's 4 possibilities -

*The federal prosecutors are completely incompetent & lazy. (Very small chance)

*The federal prosecutors are corrupt, and have accepted bribes from the Gaetz family. (Very small chance)

*The federal prosecutors are cowards, and fear backlash from the Gaetz family.... in Florida.

*The federal prosecutors are using the threat of prosecution as blackmail for leverage over Gaetz in future key votes.

Of those 4 possibilities, I'd say the last one is most possible, but not improbable.

Its overwhelmingly likely Gaetz's role in whatever crimes his friends/associates has been overstated in an attempt of character assassination of a MAGA Republican in an attempt to...

1. Pressure other Republicans to encourage him to resign (in disgrace).
2. Harm his chances of reelection in Florida.
3. Poison the jury pool in Washington DC if the feds choose to prosecute.
4. Harm his chances of achieving higher office.
And I could go on, but you get the point.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this,

Agreed.

no matter how much compelling evidence I state and source for you

'Somebody saw a video' & 'he asked for a pardon' are not 'compelling' evidence.

They're news headlines, and the press has the right to lie under the 1st amendment.

Cool. We'll stick to video games and living healthy lifestyles and shit. We seem to agree on that and you're pretty pleasant outside the War Room. But inside the War Room we just don't see eye-to-eye. Fair enough. :)

I'm being pleasant in this discussion.

Trust me, just because I'm Conservative/Libertarian doesn't mean I love Republicans, especially ones 'accused' of sex trafficking crimes.

I'm calling balls and strikes here, including with Trump and Gaetz. Its just VERY difficult to decide what to believe when the press has displayed, time and time again, they're joyfully happy to publish blatantly false information in to obviously harm their political opponents. (Trump/Russia Conspiracy)

And NOT publish true information when it'd help them. (Hunter Biden Laptop)

Then there should be multiple layers of evidence for the federal prosecutors to convict Gaetz on.

Sherlock Holmes, you are not.

Gaetz isn't being charged with child sex trafficking, because the feds don't have enough evidence to guarantee a conviction. And that's because it's a pretty specific charge. They would have to prove that Gaetz arranged for or provided transportation between states of a minor with the purpose to have sex with her.

Here, you've got Gaetz showing up with his buddy at DMV's to print fake id's to minors. An accomplice who provided the texts and testimony against Gaetz.

I'm mocking people applauding Gaetz and celebrating this as a win because he got off on a rather hail marry charge (that was really just the media speculating, as a lot of what the feds have is still under seal), he was still engaged in all sorts of slimy behavior. And to play dumb, as you seem to do and act it's bullshit and Gaetz is clean, is just lame.

Sherlock Holmes, you are not.

Gaetz isn't being charged with child sex trafficking, because the feds don't have enough evidence to guarantee a conviction. And that's because it's a pretty specific charge. They would have to prove that Gaetz arranged for or provided transportation between states of a minor with the purpose to have sex with her.

Here, you've got Gaetz showing up with his buddy at DMV's to print fake id's to minors. An accomplice who provided the texts and testimony against Gaetz.

I'm mocking people applauding Gaetz and celebrating this as a win because he got off on a rather hail marry charge (that was really just the media speculating, as a lot of what the feds have is still under seal), he was still engaged in all sorts of slimy behavior. And to play dumb, as you seem to do and act it's bullshit and Gaetz is clean, is just lame.
Agreed. And I'll add one more thing. The jury would have been a Florida jury, which is where Gaetz is from. Not a Washington, D.C. jury which the poster you're replying to is (falsely) claiming. The offenses occurred in Florida, hence they will be prosecuted in Florida. Just because it's a federal case doesn't automatically mean it's prosecuted in Washington.

Gotdamn…

some of y’all need wingmen for real.

like some dirty dick “woo the bitch workin bar at the Thoroughbred II” type wingmen

The jury would have been a Florida jury, which is where Gaetz is from. Not a Washington, D.C. jury which the poster you're replying to is (falsely) claiming. The offenses occurred in Florida, hence they will be prosecuted in Florida. Just because it's a federal case doesn't automatically mean it's prosecuted in Washington.

Ok then, thank you for pointing that out.

Even still, even if most of the jury in Florida agreed with Gaetz's political policies, they won't be a huge fan of him after multiple layers of proof of his guilt in sex crimes - which included sex-trafficking of a minor, its doubtful they'd let him off.

If your favorite politician was on trial of everything Gaetz was accused of, with all the layers of proof, would YOU let him off?

Hell, I'd be pissed off I trusted him, and find him guilty on everything they had proof of him doing, and enjoy doing it.

Guys, I would recommend watching this video from Matt Gaetz' sister-in-law who is in her early 20s now. This chick looks young as shit now. Imagine how young she looked at the time. Matt Gaetz was pressuring one of his middle-aged friends, who had kids and was recently divorced, to ask out his teenage future sister-in-law. What kind of middle-aged man does that? The guy was obsessed with "dating" girls who were barely legal. And some of them weren't even that old apparently. And they got caught sneaking into the DMV to try to cover that up. Which his co-conspirators pleaded guilty to. Gaetz got off lucky in the end...

Guys, I would recommend watching this video from Matt Gaetz' sister-in-law who is in her early 20s now. This chick looks young as shit now. Imagine how young she looked at the time. Matt Gaetz was pressuring one of his middle-aged friends, who had kids and was recently divorced, to ask out his teenage future sister-in-law. What kind of middle-aged man does that? The guy was obsessed with "dating" girls who were barely legal. And some of them weren't even that old apparently. And they got caught sneaking into the DMV to try to cover that up. Which his co-conspirators pleaded guilty to. Gaetz got off lucky in the end...

Regarding the video, she says HE didn't hit on her, he supposedly encouraged his 'friend' to hit on her.

She was 19, not underage. She says later in the video she was used to older politicians hitting on her when she was underage, but she doesn't name them.

And she says she heard rumors that Matt goes for college girls, even at his advanced age.

Is that weird? Yes.

Is that creepy? Perhaps. Depends on your opinion on age differences.

Is it criminal? No.

Anyone else remember Dennis Kucinich?

fd647e41cebe85c6e1feea48780dbc7d57-07-kuciniches.rsquare.w700.jpg

Regarding the video, she says HE didn't hit on her, he supposedly encouraged his 'friend' to hit on her.

She was 19, not underage. She says later in the video she was used to older politicians hitting on her when she was underage, but she doesn't name them.

And she says she heard rumors that Matt goes for college girls, even at his advanced age.

Is that weird? Yes.

Is that creepy? Perhaps. Depends on your opinion on age differences.

Is it criminal? No.

Anyone else remember Dennis Kucinich?

fd647e41cebe85c6e1feea48780dbc7d57-07-kuciniches.rsquare.w700.jpg
I didn't write that Gaetz himself hit on her. This is the exact wording I used:
Matt Gaetz was pressuring one of his middle-aged friends, who had kids and was recently divorced, to ask out his teenage future sister-in-law. What kind of middle-aged man does that?
I think that's creepy behavior. It's like he wants to bang his girlfriend's little sister, so he tries to get one of his boys to do it so he can live vicariously through him.

As to Kucinich, that woman looks like she's in her 30s at least. Good for him. Also never realized Kucinich was a manlet before. :)

PS - That's his third wife, who is 44. Not really comparable to Gaetz trying to bang barely legal sugar babies and sometimes not even covering the "legal" part. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Kucinich

I didn't write that Gaetz himself hit on her. This is the exact wording I used:

Understood. I mostly wrote my post as a response to the video, not necessarily to you.

And I believe her.

I think that's creepy behavior. It's like he wants to bang his girlfriend's little sister, so he tries to get one of his boys to do it so he can live vicariously through him.

Um ok, I know of many circumstances where friends hooked friends up with sisters/brothers of who they're dating.

The power & age differences are creepy enough without bringing in the 'vicariously living through him' angle.

As to Kucinich, that woman looks like she's in her 30s at least. Good for him. Also never realized Kucinich was a manlet before. :)

There's a 31 year age difference.

They married when she was 27, and he was 58 in 2005. I'm going to guess they dated for a few years before getting hitched, so she was around college age.

If Gaetz, now 40, hits on college girls its creepy. It sure as fuck is creepy when a politician in their mid-50s does it.

Understood. I mostly wrote my post as a response to the video, not necessarily to you.

And I believe her.

Um ok, I know of many circumstances where friends hooked friends up with sisters/brothers of who they're dating.

The power & age differences are creepy enough without bringing in the 'vicariously living through him' angle.

There's a 31 year age difference.

They married when she was 27, and he was 58 in 2005. I'm going to guess they dated for a few years before getting hitched, so she was around college age.

If Gaetz, now 40, hits on college girls its creepy. It sure as fuck is creepy when a politician in their mid-50s does it.
If she's 25+ I see that as quite different from primarily/exclusively banging barely legal girls who are sugar babies and travel around with you and your middle-aged friends. And 25+ is NOT college aged. 18-22 is college aged.

If she's 25+ I see that as quite different from primarily/exclusively banging barely legal girls who are sugar babies and travel around with you and your middle-aged friends. And 25+ is NOT college aged. 18-22 is college aged.

They GOT MARRIED when she was 27, meaning they dated for a few years, right?

So they met when she was 24-25, and he was 55-56. Can you see how this is on the same level of weird as Gaetz being in his late 30s hitting on college aged women? 18-22?

Do I need to bring up Bill Clinton?

My point being is creepy politicans hitting on young girls inappropriately younger than themselves is a bipartisan issue.

They GOT MARRIED when she was 27, meaning they dated for a few years, right?

So they met when she was 24-25, and he was 55-56. Can you see how this is on the same level of weird as Gaetz being in his late 30s hitting on college aged women? 18-22?

Do I need to bring up Bill Clinton?

My point being is creepy politicans hitting on young girls inappropriately younger than themselves is a bipartisan issue.
I don't see it as comparable at all. Regularly banging as close to legal as possible and sometimes not even hitting that low target vs. dating a woman who's 25+. Once you're 25+ you're fully mature. You're not a kid at all anymore. College aged is considerably less mature, especially the barely legal ones Gaetz was obsessed with. He even wanted one of his friends to do the sister-in-law for him so he could get details and live vicariously through him. He's a complete creep.

LOLawyers of sherdog still screaming at the sky I see.
You were wrong, as usual.

Last edited:
Back