Max eye pokes

I quoted you because your mind seems less made up by comparison but you had commented on the exchange between him and I. It’s not that much to read.

Not sure what you mean by “was it right”
It was a genuine question just to make sure, I didn't notice that he had responded to you, my bad! Wasn't trying to be a dick. And was not trying to say TLDR or anything like that.. I was just pooping in my toilet when I opened it and almost done.. going back to read it right now. brb

I didn’t claim the UFC was involved as though they were whispering in the referees’ ear at that very moment.

The fact of the matter is, the UFC is involved as this is their product, they assign the gloves, and they have known about the problem with eye pokes for years (and know there are solutions). So in my mind, they see a problem but choose not to solve it - and it’s fair to speculate about why. Big KO’s are good for business. Eye pokes are cheating but go unpunished, which creates narratives and reasons for rematches. They might genuinely think it spices the product up. If they don’t - why not solve it?

Now, ITT someone did post that they have some new gloves. Ok, great. But why aren’t the fighters already wearing them then?

I honestly can’t think of an explanation other than they don’t care or notice, but Rogan brings it up on his podcast enough (and it happens often enough) that it’s hard to believe they just innocently don’t notice what’s going on.
Ok, now I read all of it..makes complete sense what you are saying. I don't rule it out as well that the UFC turns a blind eye (pun intended) to this issue.

Back