Max Holloway does the seemingly unthinkable - Earns $600k in fight night bonuses at UFC 300

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

WELL EARNED though.

Not just stepping up in weight class.

But stepping up against one of the nastiest finishers WITHIN it.

Then putting on a solid scrap.

But ENDING that scrap with perhaps one of the most EPIC finishes EVER.

POINT to the center of the cage to throw down, then FACE PLANT your opponent at the final bell in a straight up KNOCK OUT.

They better start paying Max a lot more.

gaethje-v-holloway.jpg

Honestly, I wasn't super interested in this fight because I hate Gaethje as a favorite and obvious win. Never thought he was gonna steamroll Max, but I figured it would be a repeat of Poirier v Max. Thought it was a fluffers fight for the main card. Turned out to be the fight of the night and it's going to be career altering for both guys. That might be it for Gaethje, chin might be gone now.

Ironic that it's Gaethje who got the Ferguson treatment this fight

I mean it was a great ko, but a KO with 2 seconds left in a 5 round fight, can't be any better than one that happens in the 1st. Why did max wait so long to actually sit down on his punches?

Honestly, I wasn't super interested in this fight because I hate Gaethje as a favorite and obvious win. Never thought he was gonna steamroll Max, but I figured it would be a repeat of Poirier v Max. Thought it was a fluffers fight for the main card. Turned out to be the fight of the night and it's going to be career altering for both guys. That might be it for Gaethje, chin might be gone now.

Ironic that it's Gaethje who got the Ferguson treatment this fight
I thought if someone could KO Max, Gaethje would be one of those guys. But Max's chin is legendary... he had gotten worked on by Poirier and didn't even wobble. Given he is overall more technical than Gaethje, it could be a very difficult fight for the latter, especially if it went over 2-3 rounds (where Justin tends to fade and Max's cardio holds up). If we add the fact Gaethje got KO'd by Poirier and by Alvarez because his chin didn't hold up and has been fading, what happened in this fight really is not that surprising.

Then, seeing how unfortunate Gaethje was early in the fight, I kinda even lost more interest. Props to him to fight it through, though, it shows he understood the assignment at hand.

I get people are impressed, so am I, but Gaethje still dropped Max, so he's not as invincible as people think. That performance was the reverse what people thought would happen. Great upset. Still think Islam would wipe Max after that fight.

Back