Max Holloway is Now Responsible for Four of the Crazier/Memorable Things I've Seen in a Fight.

Indeed it was my favorite but OP included it as his top 4 so I was curious what you would replace the Kattar one with.

Maybe his domination of Aldo?
I'm not super versed in Holloway's career so I'm probably not that knowledgeable to rank his moments. His moment with Kattar is just one of those things I didn't find that impressive in my opinion.

Max's career in MMA is long and storied to this point. He's thirty three fights deep at 32 years old and the author of four of (not the) most memorable, possibly crazier moments in Mixed Martial Arts.

1.) Max pointing to the ground and throwing down against Ricardo Lamas in 2016.

2.) His mid-fight, fight lesson on how to block punches against Brian Ortega in 2018.

3.) Having a full blown conversation with commentary and then slipping five punches while looking away after landing his own no look punch before it.

4.) With a comfortable lead, points to the ground to engage with Gaethje in warfare possibly risking his win by allowing Justin a shot at a hail mary with ten seconds left, finishing him with one on the clock.

How can you not like Max? Champion or not, this guy was involved in title fights for 1,500 straight days and is not only a great fighter, but probably a better person.

After all smoke cleared last night Max was continuously giving Gaethje props for giving him the opportunity; telling Okamoto that this was the second biggest moment of his career and the first was beating 'the King of Rio' Jose Aldo in Rio since Aldo meant so much to him; that Volkanovski deserves a rematch before he fights Ilia; and that he cant judge Topuria on his post fight KO reaction as he doesn't know him. Max is an all time good guy and an all time bad ass. Glad he got that $600K.

If you don't appreciate Max to some degree...

7e62e38763bbac919f7f523d52ecf96b.gif

I was never really a fan of his for the longest time: Always thought he was overhyped, pillowfisted, and never going to make much of a splash. . . and then (like you point out) he kept winning in spectacular/dominant fashion . . .again, and again. His Volk losses really tarnished his aura, but every fight excluding those he's been an utter boss and I can't help but root for him lately.

As impressive as his moment against Justin was, his fight against Calvin Kattar was one of the most impressive flow state performances of anyone ever. Not looking at your opponent, hitting him with a HARD punch still without looking, then slipping everything he throws at you while STILL NOT LOOKING at him, have a full blown conversation with commentary is just otherworldly shit to me. That must have looked fucking WILD to Herb Dean.

I really felt he beat Volk in that first fight too. He got the split in the 2nd fight but felt he won the first one and not the second. Haven’t seen them in awhile but that’s how I remember it

Max got into that 300 spirit:

"This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they die!"

Max Leonidas Holloway.

This shit was like Bloodsport. Gaethje is Chong Li, Max is Frank Dux and Jackson is Tony Ferguson. I mean, if Max and Tony were friends.

I'm happy to have been able to watch the entirety of his UFC career thus far. Even in a loss, he never disappoints.

How are there not more neck injuries the way some people fall and basically spike their heads on the ground
They do happen. A fella in Bare Knuckle back in 2021 sustained a severe injury and later died falling over forward out cold and spiked directly on his head. Justin Thorton was his name. UFC has just gotten extremely lucky to have not had any major tragic incidents in cage, especially with how long they've been around. But it will eventually happen.

I’m sure someone somewhere will find a reason not to, but if you’re a member of this forum and a fight fan, how can you possibly not be a Max fan ?

Justin as well. A lot of fighters with the broken nose and an eye poke to each eye would have folded not long thereafter. Not only did he basically make it to the end ( not withstanding the last 10 secs of madness ), he was also not just a punching bag and got his leg kicks and some decent pot shots in

Both these guys are true BMFs.

Max said his legs hurt like hell and feel like he got kicked by a horse.

Speaking of his Kattar fight this right here is just nuts.

445 of 744 strikes landed. Who the fuck does that? 150 strikes per round?!!! That's an attempted strike every 2 seconds for an entire 5 rounds.

A strike thrown every two seconds for five rounds is absolutely insane. It truly puts that performance into perspective.

Maxs punches seem to be packing more of a punch as he gets older. Excited to see what else he can pull off in there

Max did the dumbest thing he could have possibly done at the time but got the KO and won't receive the criticism he deserves.

moment 1 and 4 are awesome, 2 and 3 everybody would call him a douchebag if he wasn't max holloway

Back