• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje Set for UFC 300 (BMF Belt) and Jim Miller vs. Bobby Green

Who Wins?

• Max Holloway

Votes: 25 11.9%
  • Justin Gaethje

Votes: 185 88.1%

• Total voters
I know I'm in the minority but not really a fan of this fight. Max didn't have much success against Poirier when he tried moving up previously.
... and that was when he ruled FW with an iron fist. So why the same thing with much less momentum is being celebrated is weird. Don't mean to be a negative nancy but I don't see how this is anything except a sacrifice for no logical reason. (since it doesn't do much for Justin either)

... and that was when he ruled FW with an iron fist. So why the same thing with much less momentum is being celebrated is weird. Don't mean to be a negative nancy but I don't see how this is anything except a sacrifice for no logical reason. (since it doesn't do much for Justin either)

Funny you use the word sacrifice. Because that's exactly what Max vs Poirier felt like at the time. Just using Max.

He had 8 weeks to prep for Poirier. This time he's had time to bulk up.

"Didn't have success" is a stretch as well. He dropped DP early rd 1, won the 4 minutes of rd 2 before getting rocked twice and losing the rd, won basically all of rd 3, rds 4 & 5 dead even.

And this was against the same Poirier that finished Gaethje just 1 year prior.
Which fight did you watch? Dustin beat the hell out of max in round 1 and max would have been knocked down if rhe fence didn't save him.

There was no point in this fight in which max knocked Dustin down.

Max is my boy. This isn't going to end well for him. I really don't like this fight. I don't think the damage will be worth it. Rooting for him like always.

Even worse is the reality that this just delays the lightweight title situation again. Gaethje and Islam should be booked and the winner of Olives/Tsarukyan should be on deck when that's over.

I would like to see Holloway discuss moving up permanently. The idea of him losing to Justin then going to 145 is a load of crap.

Volk vs Holloway 4: already 3-0, and both guys got clowned at 155 doesn't make for a very appealing prospect.

Gaethje is gonna hurt him, but Holloway has the chin to make it a potential war.

Gaethje batters him to a decision though IMO. Or maybe a very late TKO where Gaethje takes years off of his career ala Ferguson.

How is this any better than his fight vs Dustin? Fucking stupid fight

I think it's a shame that these two fights are in the same thread when they obviously deserve two different threads. So both can get the shine they deserve in here.

I feel like this is a mismatch and Justin should win easily, but as a fan, this is brilliant.
IT IS a mismatch.

I just don't see anywhere where Max can beat Justin in stand up, and i feel Justin CAN AND WILL crack max's chin.

I wonder what the requirements are for a 'BMF' belt lmao

What a load of junk

Whatever the fuck Dana feels like, or thinks will make him a couple of extra bucks.

They should bring out the rock again in a tshirt about 3 sizes too small just for the lulz.

It may not make a lot of sense and be a fan service fight but it'll be a banger and boosts 300 up by quite a bit

Green vs Miller will be interesting. They should he made Topura vs Max and masvidal vs gaethje

I LOVE the Max vs Justin fight, something that I have wanted for a while, hoping the winner gets Islam

Back