Michael Hunter vs Mike Wilson Aug.3rd FITE

But how is he so highly ranked???? Shouldn't that spot go to Huck, or some other relic like the WBA likes to do...I see Sergio Martinez is still a top-5 middleweight according to them.

But how is he so highly ranked???? Shouldn't that spot go to Huck, or some other relic like the WBA likes to do...I see Sergio Martinez is still a top-5 middleweight according to them.
Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. Wilson only fought one nondescript opponent at just a shade over 200 lbs in his second to last fight. How that qualified him a spot in the 'BA's top 15 at heavyweight I have no clue. But, of course, it's the organization with four different heavyweight champions. So...

Co-featured, ‘The Fighting Pride of Huntington, Long Island,’ former world champion Chris Algieri, (24-3-0, 9 KOs’), battles cross-town rival Mikkel ‘Slikk Mikk’ LesPierre, (22-2-1, 10 KOs) of Brooklyn, NY in a scheduled ten-round welterweight clash.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. Wilson only fought one nondescript opponent at just a shade over 200 lbs in his second to last fight. How that qualified him a spot in the 'BA's top 15 at heavyweight I have no clue. But, of course, it's the organization with four different heavyweight champions. So...
See, that's what I mean about this fight. I'm really left scratching my head about Mike Wilson, who literally might as well be called Some Guy, being anywhere near HW Top 20 if what has been said about him is true... I mean good for him, but this does nothing for Hunter.

Where's Hunters team at with this? Total showcase, so what a stay busy or just picking off someone with a rank to stay up in contention? Or maybe bigger fight lined up down the road, and this is a tune up or working of some stuff getting rounds in for a bigger scalp in mind?

Because this fight doesnt make any sense. And I dont believe Hunter to be a fake, he has taken fights against stuff competition already albeit some at Cruiser, but I dont know why this time waster.

See, that's what I mean about this fight. I'm really left scratching my head about Mike Wilson, who literally might as well be called Some Guy, being anywhere near HW Top 20 if what has been said about him is true... I mean good for him, but this does nothing for Hunter.

Where's Hunters team at with this? Total showcase, so what a stay busy or just picking off someone with a rank to stay up in contention? Or maybe bigger fight lined up down the road, and this is a tune up or working of some stuff getting rounds in for a bigger scalp in mind?

Because this fight doesnt make any sense. And I dont believe Hunter to be a fake, he has taken fights against stuff competition already albeit some at Cruiser, but I dont know why this time waster.

Well, it's a stay busy fight but for a fat paycheck & because Wilson is rated in the top 15 it'll get sanction as a WBA elimination fight & put Hunter that much closer to being a mandatory. No, it doesn't make much sense with Wilson as the opponent but Hunter should get a few rounds in & set himself up for bigger fights.

I have absolutely no clue what any of that said until he mentioned the fight. LOL.

What the hell is The Lox & Dipset? Rap or Hip Hop artists I'm assuming?
Lol!!!!!!! Coppinger has to be on triller’s payroll, I don’t know who Tf are they either lol

So, fighting Hrgovic for short change doesn't make sense careerwise.

Only if he loses. if he wins it puts him right in the mix. Does he not have confidence in beating hrgovic? And if the money is really the issue, He was also calling dillian Whyte out prior to the povetkin rematch. Whytes next fight is gonna be stateside. Why not try to make that fight?

Unfortunately too many HWs have the same attitude. This is why we have potentially a great division, but no one fckin fights each other due the reason you state. Us boxing fans are mugs!

This isn't Hrgovic or Whyte. Mismatch, Hunter should spark him relatively easily.

Shouldn't that spot go to Huck, or some other relic
Huck when was in good shape, had performed vs prime Povetkin's version better than Hunter vs old over the hill Povetkin and Whyte vs old uncle Povetkin's version in first fight.
While there Povetkin had weight advantage, rare case for Pov fights at HW pro boxing.

Prime Huck is undervalued, currently, after Glowacki fight, Briedis and Usyk fights he is done.
He isn't very old, 36 , still he is done.

Huck when was in good shape, had performed vs prime Povetkin's version better than Hunter vs old over the hill Povetkin and Whyte vs old uncle Povetkin's version in first fight.
While there Povetkin had weight advantage, rare case for Pov fights at HW pro boxing.

Prime Huck is undervalued, currently, after Glowacki fight, Briedis and Usyk fights he is done.
He isn't very old, 36 , still he is done.
Huck won that fight. Maybe he will get chance at bridgerweight where the talent is kinda motley. However I didn't realize he was 36!

Back