Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

What are you basing it on that it’s not effective? Have you been seeing any breakthrough cases where you work? Also what did you mean fucked up by the vaccine? I’ve seen people get sick for 1-2 days, and when I say sick I mean knocked on their ass but that’s it.

Of the 730ish population I monitor I’ve known quite a few that have long term difficulty breathing problems after having gotten COVID. There is also now a generic 3 month recovery profile that providers can pull up In the system and slap a name on for long haulers. We actually also had a chief in the ICU a few months back. I didn’t take COVID all that seriously at first but having seen quite a few people sucking long after getting over the illness itself has changed my stance on it.

There are a few other weird ones too. I know one guy who still can’t really taste food a year later. We had another Soldier who had it asymptotically and didn’t know it. He was working out lifting weights. A day later his arms were killing him so he went to the ER. He had rhabdo, and also tested positive. Near as they can guess is that the rhabdo happened because his body was compensating for the infection

Jeez! That's some serious $hi!. :eek:

Well, in the good old days you would be shot. Now you get demoted or go to jail. Under President Biden you get promoted.
I could see something like mandatory wearing of mask indoors, random testing, and being forced to use earned leave during quarantine after a possible positive test.

Yeah, I don't see that happening.
They will claim it as an 'unlawful order' and not get vaccinated.
It is the new and improved military. Only follow orders you feel are good for you. There is no need to be a team player anymore.

They will claim it as an 'unlawful order' and not get vaccinated.
It is the new and improved military. Only follow orders you feel are good for you. There is no need to be a team player anymore.

In my 24 years, I've seen that claimed a LOT.

I've yet to see it work. We're going to see a few AD people become Mr. and Ms. here shortly because they're going to listen to some barracks/dormitory "lawyer" and get their ISH pushed in.

I have seen THAT happen a lot.

What are you basing it on that it’s not effective? Have you been seeing any breakthrough cases where you work? Also what did you mean fucked up by the vaccine? I’ve seen people get sick for 1-2 days, and when I say sick I mean knocked on their ass but that’s it.

Of the 730ish population I monitor I’ve known quite a few that have long term difficulty breathing problems after having gotten COVID. There is also now a generic 3 month recovery profile that providers can pull up In the system and slap a name on for long haulers. We actually also had a chief in the ICU a few months back. I didn’t take COVID all that seriously at first but having seen quite a few people sucking long after getting over the illness itself has changed my stance on it.

There are a few other weird ones too. I know one guy who still can’t really taste food a year later. We had another Soldier who had it asymptotically and didn’t know it. He was working out lifting weights. A day later his arms were killing him so he went to the ER. He had rhabdo, and also tested positive. Near as they can guess is that the rhabdo happened because his body was compensating for the infection
I’m saying I’m seeing people who are vaccinated continue to get covid. Sure I have small sample, but definitely several.

On those who are vaccinated but get some “side effects.” They’re pretty much just like you mention, 1/3 days and they’re ok. Nothing permanent.

Obviously I’m gonna get the vaccine sooner than later now. Doesn’t bother me, it’s first flu vaccine I’ve gotten in 10 years +/-. I think I’ve gotten the flu once, that I can remember, since I’ve been an adult.

I don’t care about the vaccine, I’ll get it because I have to and move on. It’s no big deal.

I could see something like mandatory wearing of mask indoors, random testing, and being forced to use earned leave during quarantine after a possible positive test.
They’re just gonna set a deadline and if you’re not vaccinated by then, it’s gonna turn into paperwork and failure to follow orders. Those exempt will be some religious bullshit card they’ve got. Like a shaving waiver but for shots and uniform shit they don’t like, I mean, their religion forbids.

They’re just gonna set a deadline and if you’re not vaccinated by then, it’s gonna turn into paperwork and failure to follow orders. Those exempt will be some religious bullshit card they’ve got. Like a shaving waiver but for shots and uniform shit they don’t like, I mean, their religion forbids.
Or you go red on medpros and cant deploy. Watch nobody get their vaccine after they hear that.

You just know there's a bunch of LCpls and SPCs currently looking up religions right now that say you aren't allowed to get vaccines.

I had to learn about the religious exemption process last flu season when some shitter tried to claim it. It's really, really hard to do with vaccines unlike with shaving exemptions. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

They won’t get an exemption from that vaccine on religious grounds. Those take years to approve since they have to up to the surgeon general of the Army. There will be a deadline to get the shot and it won’t be approved by then, assuming it even does get approved when it finally makes it all the way to the top

My guess is that even once they do make it up there they get denied since it’s a health of the force issue

Last edited:
You just know there's a bunch of LCpls and SPCs currently looking up religions right now that say you aren't allowed to get vaccines.
Not just E-4s, but all ranks. Boy, let's not start this 'religious right' (clause) shit show. Next, we will have soldiers claiming it is against their religion to kill their fellow men. 'God forbids it, and you will burn in hell for your sins.' (not this simple) If this is the case, they should not have joined the Army. There is a limit to the number of medics and chaplains who don't have to pull the trigger. Regardless of MOS, we are all soldiers first. I believe use of the religious 'clause' must be claimed at time of enlistment -- before you join the military, not after the fact. Primarily for the killing of another human being part, not so much for the vaccine issue. I could write pages on this issue, but will leave it for another thread.

> Service Members Can Request Religious Exemptions for Mandated Vaccines. Here’s How. • Children's Health Defense (childrenshealthdefense.org)

And no, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain aborted fetal tissue.

So my boy is an 0311 in a conventional infantry unit and he says that suppressors are actually standard issue now.

<mma4>

@Mike Hagger I bet y'all use those Surefire cans that are only like 1.5" long.

Hey @Strychnine, I know you are a religious man. I'm not sure what religion. I'm Catholic. You know what the bible says about killing during the time of war do you not? Any good verses from the old or new testament supporting killing during wartime? You also know how the Catholic church (Vatican) sanctioned the Crusades to kill Muslims (Islamic rule) in Jerusalem from 1095 to 1291. It funded 8 major Crusades to slaughter men, women, and children. Had we not fought the Nazis during WWII, we would all be speaking German today.

. 1 Corinthians 9:7: "Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk?"
. 2 Corinthians 10:4: "Weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds."

If being a soldier (and doing the things soldiers are required to do) were sinful, it is unlikely the Holy Spirit would have used soldiering as a metaphor for anything good. Throughout the Bible, warfare is presented as a grim reality in a cursed world. There are forces of evil that must be stopped, and bloodshed is sometimes the result.

Back