Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Most lethal sniper in Marine Corps history, Chuck Mawhinney, dead at 75​

BB1innHm.img

BB1inp6o.img

Mawhinney poses with a replica of the M40 sniper rifle he used during the Vietnam War.

"The US Marine Corps’ deadliest sniper, Charles “Chuck” Mawhinney, who went nearly two decades avoiding any recognition for his kill record until it was revealed in a book, has died.

Mawhinney died at his home in Baker City, Oregon, on Feb. 12, the Baker City Herald reported.

He was 75.

Born in Lakeview, Oregon, Mawhinney began his legendary career in 1967 after he graduated from high school and enlisted in the Marine Corps that year to fight in Vietnam.

From 1968 to 1969, Mawhinney — still only a teenager — was credited with 103 confirmed kills.

An additional 216 kills were listed as “probable” since the enemies’ bodies were risky to verify in the active war zone.

Mawhinney had confirmed kills over 1,000 yards, with the average kill shot for snipers during the Vietnam War taken at a distance of 300 to 800 yards."

R.I.P.

I had a buddy with Comm Squadron 28 at Cherry Point, he was TAD to base telephone for six months and got to wear coveralls the entire time there (even going to the chow hall).
I enjoyed wearing coveralls for most of my enlistment.

Anyone see the video of the Batshit Crazy Airman that set himself on fire in the Israeli Embassy ?

Anyone see the video of the Batshit Crazy Airman that set himself on fire in the Israeli Embassy ?

Won't watch the video, but saw a couple stills.

I feel bad for his family and friends because you know someone is going to see it. Like how could you put your mother through that?

Sad to see someone who was obviously smart get worked into a shoot like that.

Most lethal sniper in Marine Corps history, Chuck Mawhinney, dead at 75​

BB1innHm.img

BB1inp6o.img

Mawhinney poses with a replica of the M40 sniper rifle he used during the Vietnam War.

"The US Marine Corps’ deadliest sniper, Charles “Chuck” Mawhinney, who went nearly two decades avoiding any recognition for his kill record until it was revealed in a book, has died.

Mawhinney died at his home in Baker City, Oregon, on Feb. 12, the Baker City Herald reported.

He was 75.

Born in Lakeview, Oregon, Mawhinney began his legendary career in 1967 after he graduated from high school and enlisted in the Marine Corps that year to fight in Vietnam.

From 1968 to 1969, Mawhinney — still only a teenager — was credited with 103 confirmed kills.

An additional 216 kills were listed as “probable” since the enemies’ bodies were risky to verify in the active war zone.

Mawhinney had confirmed kills over 1,000 yards, with the average kill shot for snipers during the Vietnam War taken at a distance of 300 to 800 yards."

R.I.P.
I bet his kills didn’t consist of random non-combatants like a certain seal sniper.

Rip

Marine snipers influenced a lot of my aspirations to be a sniper.

"I was on top of the Superdome sniping looters during Katrina."

<6>
Also in the movies Rangers are pussys while SEALs are warriors.

Also he definitely just shot whoever he wanted to in iraq. Also he made a mile shot in a dust storm in Iraq with a fixed 10x scope.

So he got kicked out over steroids. Even though you better believe damn near every SeAL is juicing.

He also deserted french foreign legion btw

(Just mentioning since i saw the guy posted in FFL forum)

Also in the movies Rangers are pussys while SEALs are warriors.

Also he definitely just shot whoever he wanted to in iraq. Also he made a mile shot in a dust storm in Iraq with a fixed 10x scope.

Forced Vengeance

I've seen this guy's vids before, and he admits he humped the bunk ROYALLY. But it seems he got his head on straight.
Taylor Cavanaugh. He is not a bad person. I think he has learned from his mistakes. He just took longer to learn than most people. I don't know that he has fully 'grown up.' He did do a lot of stupid shit when he was younger. He made it through SEAL training and the French Foreign Legion. He later deserted the Legion over some YouTube videos he made about the Legion. He was 'supposedly' involved in some multimillion-dollar deal with a company but fucked that up also. He was with SEAL Team 7 and by all accounts was a good operator. The Navy tried to help him but ran out of patience. Some folks do well in a combat situation but suck in garrison and civilian life. He almost committed suicide. He made it through two grueling trainings that most people would fail but fails at the basic stuff that most people succeed. He is now doing self-help videos on YouTube about his experience. This video by 'Soft White Underbelly' was done on him and his life. It is really good but long. Two hours. It goes into the full story with the SEALs and the French Foreign Legion. A lesson in going through life. Worth a watch:

Last edited:

$42K bought him a lifetime residency in Leavenworth.

Some people will never be happy with what they have.

Back