Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

A great movie worth a watch.
'Hostiles,' 2017, with Christian Bale.
Great scene: Captain Blocker says goodbye to Corporal Woodsen.

Last edited:
Yum. Maintenance talk. Love it. Making my pants expand as we speak.

@My Spot
'Who Killed Lt. Van Dorn?' - 2018.
Answer: The Marine Corps and the MH-53E Super Stallion helicopter.

The documentary examines the events leading up to and immediately after the 2014 crash of a Sikorsky MH-53E Sea Dragon off Cape Henry, Virginia. Three crew members perished in the crash, among them Lieutenant Wes Van Dorn. The documentary exposed widespread reliability issues across both Navy and Marine Corp 53E fleets.

Have you ever seen this video? "Your job is to go out there and meet the minimum requirement for safe for fucking flight. It’s not to go out there and try to down a goddamn aircraft!”

"I hope that's not heavyarms." - me

Holy hell, I'm glad maintenance control in my unit didn't act like that.

I was a 6252 Airframes/Hydraulics mech on the Harrier. Our unit worked quite well back in my day. What kind of unsafe cowboy maintenance this Gunny or whatever rank trying to run?

I wouldn't sign off on anything that wasn't good to go.

Last edited:
Holy hell, I'm glad maintenance control in my unit didn't act like that.

I was a 6252 Airframes/Hydraulics mech on the Harrier. Our unit worked quite well back in my day. What kind of unsafe cowboy maintenance this Gunny or whatever rank trying to run?

I wouldn't sign off on anything that wasn't good to go.

Coastie spitballing here...

I'm guessing that's 1st Sgt or Sgt Major considering he made it a point to say he'd grab their Gunny, and felt the need to justify what he was saying by laying out his background..

...which makes it scarier because a "do your job, but not too well" speech from the command senior enlisted "whos 4 months from retirement" means what we all know it means...

Every so often I still miss being in. Then I read stuff like this and it slaps me back to reality.

Sounds like complete bullshit. Poorly written.
I'm sure someone would have 'ratted' out the guilty party by now.
Dumb soldiers tend to open their mouth about stupid things that they did.
I'm sure all of 2nd Brigade will have a boot up their ass as retribution.
Someone's mommy or daddy will be calling their congressman and complain.

Guilty party: 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment "Panthers"

1707644942244.png

Last edited:

I have not read anything in the news about this. A whole Brigade being punished? Do you know how many soldiers would be affected? Looks like the CO and the CSM can't take a joke. The best way to deal with it would be to just ignore a stupid joke. The next best thing would be to start an IG investigation into a hate crime. White supremacists within the ranks. I don't see a Division Commander allowing a Brigade Commander to get away with punishing that many innocent people. Also, unconventional, but the CO can put up a $5,000 reward leading to information and prosecution. They would have the guilty soldier(s) in less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
If they were soldiers attached to 1st Mar Div then it's authorized.

From what I was told they weren't, and did it anyhow, out of respect.

What's funny are 03's that go Army/Nasty Girl, that have CARs, and decide to pin themselves with CIBs.

From what I was told they weren't, and did it anyhow, out of respect.

What's funny are 03's that go Army/Nasty Girl, that have CARs, and decide to pin themselves with CIBs.
That's what every prior service marine does in the Guard. It's not authorized but no one really cares.
A marine or sailor who got a CAR and joins the Army is only authorized the CAB even if they got the CAR as an 03XX.

@heavyarms21 walking into work this morning <Lmaoo>

lduaatnef9ic1.jpeg

Yep can't see that going over well anymore
I'd never seen that until this morning. Everyone jokes about SNCOs sleeping with junior enlisted females but apparently it was more than just a meme back then.

I guess they were doing QRF and security in Syria? No active duty, they're part of the Mississippi National Guard.

I went a few weeks wearing Boots and Utes in one stretch during the summer , the blouse stayed in the Car.
I had a buddy with Comm Squadron 28 at Cherry Point, he was TAD to base telephone for six months and got to wear coveralls the entire time there (even going to the chow hall).

It is a little more than just showing up and being under hostile fire.
For award of the CIB a soldier must meet the following three requirements:
1. Be an Infantryman satisfactorily performing Infantry duties.
2. Assigned to an Infantry unit during such time as the unit is engaged in active ground combat.
3. Actively participate in such ground combat.

Yeah, updating the battle board in the rear, making coffee, and getting fresh donuts no longer qualifies you for the CIB.

* A soldier must be personally present and under fire while serving in an assigned Infantry or Special Forces primary duty, in a unit engaged in active ground combat, to close with and destroy the enemy with direct fires.

Task Force Thunder
1708033566307.png

Last edited:
Back