Law Minneapolis to vote on disbanding police department in favor of department of safety.

I went through a few weeks ago....

Avoid this shithole, literally, at all costs.... I'm born and raised here and recall going to twins games and when the mall of america opened, the institute of art,-- the guthrie.... You literally can walk through now and expect to step on a fucking needle. It's like portland but with people that say 'eh'? Again, not party politics : But Minneapolis and Portland are literally shitholes with people that think they are somehow great blue cities that represent something other than failure.

Getting rid of more authority -- gee, what's the worst that could happen?

former gang members who go to the family and friends of shooting victims and beg them not to retaliate or to squash gang beefs before they get too bloody. Should work out just fine

Oh, lord, lol

I’m sure that will work once in a great while.

But yeah that’s not going to convince the kind of idiots who do real street violence to stop. Might work on really young kids and some teens though.

At least it’s not as bad as I assumed, like sending a dude into an active violent scenario with the hopes of talking it out or something, lol. I’m sure that idea is coming down the pipe soon though.

I predict that if this passes, they won’t have to cut positions because officers will say fuck it and leave
Let them; the ones that actually care about serving their city will stay.

Let them try it, and I'm not being snotty about it. See if it works. If it does, isn't it good that we gave it a shot?
You do understand who all you're asking that question to, right?

I went through a few weeks ago....

Avoid this shithole, literally, at all costs.... I'm born and raised here and recall going to twins games and when the mall of america opened, the institute of art,-- the guthrie.... You literally can walk through now and expect to step on a fucking needle. It's like portland but with people that say 'eh'? Again, not party politics : But Minneapolis and Portland are literally shitholes with people that think they are somehow great blue cities that represent something other than failure.

Getting rid of more authority -- gee, what's the worst that could happen?
Dang that's crazy. I honestly haven't been to Minneapolis in about 10 years. I'm glad I stay in the south suburbs lol

Should go well. The pro crime stance has gone well in other places.

if you think massive corporations losing .00000000000000000001 percent of their profit margin every few weeks to pilferage is the end of the world, yeah, this policy might scare you. oh well.

if you think massive corporations losing .00000000000000000001 percent of their profit margin every few weeks to pilferage is the end of the world, yeah, this policy might scare you. oh well.
<Huh2>

Whew, good thing POS robbers make sure to check the balance sheets on the stores before stealing. That immigrant couple are probably in the back twisting their mustaches and swimming in pools of money.

If you're fine with this in your neighborhood, kindly STFU when nobody wants to invest in businesses in the neighborhood and you all stay poor and have nothing but liquor stores and check cashing places with bars on the windows.

Dang that's crazy. I honestly haven't been to Minneapolis in about 10 years. I'm glad I stay in the south suburbs lol
I love MN, I love the people..... maybe 3 out of the 4 seasons lol (meh fuck it, what is MN without ice fishing, beer, and grandpa....)

... the shit holes are the big cities. MSP/Rochester/Bloom/BP -- Saint cloud is headed that way because of their extremely liberal policies as well and never designed to be that size. Duluth is nice to visit, but I don't know the day to day.

Once you're out of those, and you're among the REAL people that work hard, play hard on the lakes -- yer doing it right. It might be a fuckin' blue state, but it's really not for the average person.

I had a friend fly in FROM the west coast, and they couldn't believe how nice people were -- and I mean just in GENERAL activity from the shit that goes on there.

"Oh ya sure you betcha" -- as opposed be being spit on in portland must feel nice though.

Oh, lord, lol

I’m sure that will work once in a great while.

But yeah that’s not going to convince the kind of idiots who do real street violence to stop. Might work on really young kids and some teens though.

At least it’s not as bad as I assumed, like sending a dude into an active violent scenario with the hopes of talking it out or something, lol. I’m sure that idea is coming down the pipe soon though.

I don’t put much stock in it. I think it is a few good excuse to put felons to work-you know, interacting with gangs as the og

Let them; the ones that actually care about serving their city will stay.

With the way the city has been treating them, will be very few. I cared about my city and served as best I could, but even the admin doing their fuckery could throw that off. I can’t imagine a whole city like this.

I love MN, I love the people..... maybe 3 out of the 4 seasons lol (meh fuck it, what is MN without ice fishing, beer, and grandpa....)

... the shit holes are the big cities. MSP/Rochester/Bloom/BP -- Saint cloud is headed that way because of their extremely liberal policies as well and never designed to be that size. Duluth is nice to visit, but I don't know the day to day.

Once you're out of those, and you're among the REAL people that work hard, play hard on the lakes -- yer doing it right. It might be a fuckin' blue state, but it's really not for the average person.

I had a friend fly in FROM the west coast, and they couldn't believe how nice people were -- and I mean just in GENERAL activity from the shit that goes on there.

"Oh ya sure you betcha" -- as opposed be being spit on in portland must feel nice though.

I would maybe visit for some bass fishing but I would not go near the shithole of Minneapolis

<Huh2>

Whew, good thing POS robbers make sure to check the balance sheets on the stores before stealing. That immigrant couple are probably in the back twisting their mustaches and swimming in pools of money.

If you're fine with this in your neighborhood, kindly STFU when nobody wants to invest in businesses in the neighborhood and you all stay poor and have nothing but liquor stores and check cashing places with bars on the windows.
<Lmaoo>oddly specific description there. why don’t you tell us the neighborhoods you’re really talking about? ;)

if you think target/walgreens/etc. are gonna bat a fucking eye at someone stealing even $800 worth of shit from one of their stores, you need to be on medication.

Should go well. The pro crime stance has gone well in other places.

instead of violence interrupters, we can just send the store merchandise to the thieves houses so they are not inconvenienced

I would maybe visit for some bass fishing but I would not go near the shithole of Minneapolis
Walleye make better food poops, but bass is obviously more fun.

Muskies in the winter, watching the minnow freak the fuck out is right up there though as that big bastard just slowly plans the kill.

To stay on topic, that is primarily what MN people want. Hunt, fish, recreation... again, it's these major cities that fuck it all up. Minneapolis absolutely is garbage compared to even 10 years ago, let alone when it was bringing in people for the MoA and other attractions.

Walleye make better food poops, but bass is obviously more fun.

Muskies in the winter, watching the minnow freak the fuck out is right up there though as that big bastard just slowly plans the kill.

Not to detail my own thread, but top water bass is my deal

A rose by any other name is still a prick.

<Fedor23>

Every society needs approved dispensers of sanctioned violence in order to keep it functional. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't live in our reality.

Just because something is malfunctioning doesn't mean it has to be disposed of. Maybe have all cops train in a secondary specialty instead of trying to redesign an existing infrastructure? Regardless, two main things should be focused on from my perspective: more time spent on communication and leadership skills would be helpful as well as doing away with the us vs them mentality. I completely understand how the latter can develop over the years so maybe encourage openness to dialogue or therapy?

Then again what do I know as aside from the communication bit this topic is nowhere near my wheelhouse.

instead of violence interrupters, we can just send the store merchandise to the thieves houses so they are not inconvenienced
or, you know, give a bigger portion of our tax dollars to education & welfare in impoverished communities. just a thought

Back