Social MIT becomes first elite university to eliminate diversity statements

Is eliminating diversity requirements positive for education?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No sane person is suggesting hiring minorities with inadequate qualifications over other fully qualified people of any sort no matter what the job. And the only reason people think that might happen is conservative fear mongering. It's dumb.
Suggested or not, but it happens quite often in various government agencies. No might happen or fear-mongering to it.

You make a fair point. I feel exactly the same way about Racism, Sexism etc: it doesm't have any direct impact on me, so I don't give a fuck.

The less things you care about, the easier life becomes. :)
- He should agree with you, since he did a similar post on my flooding thread. The diference is that you dont go around pretending to be a bastion of high morals.

You want to see HR records?

I'm not in HR so I can't give you that . . . all I can offer is 29 years of Federal service for an agency that utilizes Indian Preference. I've been the hiring manager for numerous jobs where the applicants were added to a hiring panel solely based on claiming Indian Preference. They didn't meet any of the specialized requirements listed in the announcement.

No sane person is suggesting hiring minorities with inadequate qualifications over other fully qualified people of any sort no matter what the job.
Yes, there actually is. Although, their "sane-ness" is debatable. You'd have to be a complete nitwit of a human being to believe it isn't happening.

And the only reason people think that might happen is conservative fear mongering. It's dumb.

No, you're either running defense or you have your head up your ass. It's absolutely happening and racial quotas at any job position is proof. That literally is making race the primary hiring factor over qualifications. It's not "conservative fear mongering" or any other shithead quote you dummies are ordered to repeat. Either stand up and defend racial quotas or don't. You don't get to pretend they don't exist though, understand?

Yes, there actually is. Although, their "sane-ness" is debatable. You'd have to be a complete nitwit of a human being to believe it isn't happening.

No, you're either running defense or you have your head up your ass. It's absolutely happening and racial quotas at any job position is proof. That literally is making race the primary hiring factor over qualifications. It's not "conservative fear mongering" or any other shithead quote you dummies are ordered to repeat. Either stand up and defend racial quotas or don't. You don't get to pretend they don't exist though, understand?
lol yet another post making claims with no evidence. Good job.

lol yet another post making claims with no evidence. Good job.

Sheila Jackson comes to mind. Also, are you not aware of racial quotas in fire departments and police departments? Like, are you intentionally being obtuse or are you just lazy?

Sheila Jackson comes to mind. Also, are you not aware of racial quotas in fire departments and police departments? Like, are you intentionally being obtuse or are you just lazy?
I never heard of Sheila Jackson but that's not evidence they aren't qualified for the job.

I will ask again, how many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are women?

That's not evidence they aren't qualified for the job. I will ask again, how many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are women?

It's evidence that their qualifications were not the primary reason they were hired. Sheila Jackson may very well be qualified to be on the SC. She has quite an impressive resume. But she can never escape the fact that her race was the primary reason she was even considered in the first place.

It's evidence that their qualifications were not the primary reason they were hired. Sheila Jackson may very well be qualified to be on the SC. She has quite an impressive resume. But she can never escape the fact that her race was the primary reason she was even considered in the first place.
Again, where is the evidence they aren't qualified for the job? You lot keep making claims with no evidence to back them but I'm the one who is obtuse.
{<BJPeen}<36>

Again, how many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are women?

Again, where is the evidence they aren't qualified for the job? You lot keep making claims with no evidence to back them but I'm the one who is obtuse.
{<BJPeen}<36>

Again, how many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are women?

If they needed to be chosen by race first, it means they're less qualified for the job. This isn't difficult to understand and I'm not going to keep going in circles with you.

You're probably thinking of Ketanji Jackson. Sheila Jackson is the member of congress that said the moon is made of gas so we can live in it one day and the sun is almost too hot to visit.

You're probably thinking of Ketanji Jackson. Sheila Jackson is the member of congress that said the moon is made of gas so we can live in it one day and the sun is almost too hot to visit.

Shit, you're right. That's my mistake.

If they needed to be chosen by race first, it means they're less qualified for the job. This isn't difficult to understand and I'm not going to keep going in circles with you.
No, it doesn't. You're incapable of reason, apparently. Such measures are put in place is for the precise reason that equally qualified people have been pushed aside and disregarded on account of their gender or ethnicity.

For the umpteenth time, how many women are CEO's of Fortune 500 companies? Why do you lot keep ducking this question, hm?

You make a fair point. I feel exactly the same way about Racism, Sexism etc: it doesm't have any direct impact on me, so I don't give a fuck.

The less things you care about, the easier life becomes. :)
I think it's a pretty straightforward concept. No one has to care, so long as they also remember that they don't get to dictate what other people care about.

For the umpteenth time, how many women are CEO's of Fortune 500 companies? Why do you lot keep ducking this question, hm?
There are 47 female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies according to Wikipedia.

Now perhaps you can answer a question. How many women have started Fortune 500 companies?

If the answer is none (which I believe it is) then men are doing women a considerable act of charity by letting them run almost 10% of their most profitable companies.

I think it's a pretty straightforward concept. No one has to care, so long as they also remember that they don't get to dictate what other people care about.
Sweet. Now please get work to stop having meetings strongly insinuating we should use pronouns even if we don't care about our pronouns or anyone else's

"If you normalise sharing your pronouns it doesn’t make an already alienated group of people feel more alienated when they share their's.
If everyone adopts the practice then it's neutralized and no longer puts some people in an unwanted spotlight."

Mandatory meetings about this stuff. And they stressed "mandatory"

No, it doesn't. You're incapable of reason, apparently. Such measures are put in place is for the precise reason that equally qualified people have been pushed aside and disregarded on account of their gender or ethnicity.
So, fight racism with racism then? Now you're justifying something you said didn't exist?

Who gives a shit? What does that have to do with anything?

Back