News MMA Journalism Dying? - Longtime MMA Journalist Marc Raimondi Leaving MMA for NFL

Dana White has beaten the MMA press into submission. I believe he used Ariel Helwani as an example.
Now the press is there to just kiss danas ass. Feels super similar to the press during the trump white house. Ive never enjoyed a post fight conference because the questions are always so boring and when they are interesting like whos gonna fight who dana has no answer and moves on. Its like give us hints or something or make it interesting.

John Morgan, what is the first question?

Raimondi was on ESPN for MMA coverage and he did like 2 interviews last year. They had him sitting on the bench he did jack shit over there. Makes sense he's leaving / got canned.

He also wasn't very good. I remember him asking a question at a presser, can't remember to who and was butthurt because he was shut down.

Marc Raimondi always sucked to be honest and a lot of journalists in MMA do. To be frank, most MMA journalists were just guys who couldn't make it in sports journalism and found an open niche in MMA, they weren't actually passionate and knowledgeable about the sport.

This new age of MMA journalism is in podcasting and social media. A lot of it is done by coaches and current/former fighters. There's some guys breaking through who weren't fighters, whether you like them or not it doesn't really matter. The Weasel and MMA Guru are some huge ones. I mainly listen to Jack Slack and some Submission Radio and Luke Thomas. I don't really consume much MMA media, most of its really cookie cutter redundant shit and has been for 2 decades. It's just changing, MMA journalism, it's not dying. The sports quite obviously growing.
The fact that douchebags like Guru is viewed by anyone is sad. Dude is an idiot

Also, it's hard to take mr light strike, medium strike, heavy strike seriously.

lol @ sport journalism

Attachments

• IMG_2977.jpeg
    IMG_2977.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 1
Marc Raimondi always sucked to be honest and a lot of journalists in MMA do. To be frank, most MMA journalists were just guys who couldn't make it in sports journalism and found an open niche in MMA, they weren't actually passionate and knowledgeable about the sport.

This new age of MMA journalism is in podcasting and social media. A lot of it is done by coaches and current/former fighters. There's some guys breaking through who weren't fighters, whether you like them or not it doesn't really matter. The Weasel and MMA Guru are some huge ones. I mainly listen to Jack Slack and some Submission Radio and Luke Thomas. I don't really consume much MMA media, most of its really cookie cutter redundant shit and has been for 2 decades. It's just changing, MMA journalism, it's not dying. The sports quite obviously growing.
I think you are confusing journalism with media.

Sports journalists are unbearable. In Europe, you truly want to beat the shit out of the guys covering football.
That being said, i prefer that to the UFC situation. Seeing those guys kissing Whites ass and not doing their job is beyond unbearable. As i always say, helwani is a sneaky fuck but at least he gives vibes of journalism. The podcasters can be fun but its not journalism. You need guys adressing and pressing the issues (like chavez would do lol), not slaves asking their Master the questions he wrote for them...especially in a time where you got the settlement, weigh divisions totally screwded because dumb dumb wants it that way etc...

Dana White has beaten the MMA press into submission. I believe he used Ariel Helwani as an example.
Now the press is there to just kiss danas ass. Feels super similar to the press during the trump white house. Ive never enjoyed a post fight conference because the questions are always so boring and when they are interesting like whos gonna fight who dana has no answer and moves on. Its like give us hints or something or make it interesting.

I'd like to think dana made it pretty clear like 1000 times that he doesn't like to match make at press conferences, yet he is always and without fail, asked to match make at press conferences.

Post fight press conferences are supposed to be questions to the fighters about the event that just occured, if you get any thing more than that it's just a bonus.

It seems like the OG's are slowly fading, wonder who they'll hire for him?

I got no hate for Raimondi, but I never got the idea that he liked MMA as much as stick and ball sports anyway

He's leaving to cover a REAL sport with REAL A-level athletes. Unlike these UFC bums.

Back