Moments in movies ruined by music

As said I think the issue with Nolan tends to be he doesnt know when to stop, doesnt know when to play scenes in a more subtle fashion, its "everything bigger than everything else" cinema

I actually though Dunkirk was one of his best films because it made no bones about that, it wasnt trying to show any more subtle interpersonal relationships for the most part.

Any romantic movie directed by Till Schweiger has its music way too loud in moments which are supposed to be turning points. Music is not bad per se but it is way too loud compared to the rest of the movie's audio.

Hollywood ruins a lot of its action movies with the corny motivating patriotic music. Many TV series I try have annoying shit music, typically the ones where they don't cuss and that seem to be aimed towards american suburban wives.
Honestly I don’t know how anyone watches those in the first place. But yeah, I know which shows you’re talking about. But Americans are suckers for that shit.

Was a killer soundtrack an perfect song for scene.

Mine is the sword fight between Lucy and Uma in the first Kill Bill.
They should've just had it silent, with their swords and the water feature bouncing.

Shit like that irks me lol.
what?! this is wrong. bad take alert

Can't really think of an example off top, but I definitely agree. In fact, most music should be taken out of film entirely. Or, at least 70% of it.
Not every moment needs to have a soundtrack or score backing the moment. Then you get mixing issues, where the emotion is taken out, or the wrong feeling is pushed onto you by the music itself. Just let it breathe ffs!

More sound effect I guess, but the entire movie Scarface

I dunno, that docking scene with the soundtrack in Interstellar was incredible.
I dunno about the music
but Milan does do some weird shit with dialogue audio where it is way quarter than everything else

I see some good action choices in here, throwing a horror one into the mix here from IT Chapter 2.

Yeah like the audience would totally miss out on classic Nolan dialogue like this if the music was too loud

That's fine. My issue is the non stop scoring over dialog that he loves to do. I want to hear what they're saying.

Yeah like the audience would totally miss out on classic Nolan dialogue like this if the music was too loud

Watch Inception, Tenet or Oppenheimer and get back to me

There was this old film noir I was watching and it was pretty good. I think there was a chase scene on the roof and suddenly “somewhere over the rainbow” starts playing. It made no sense and now that’s all I remember of what was probably a pretty decent movie. I read somewhere later it was because the production company had rights to that song and not much else or something weird

Anything in the pr0n industry.

Im having enough of a hard time getting passed the shitty acting and storyline.
Once they get to the sucking and fucking, Im further distracted by B-level orchestral and marching band quality musicians.

Only one that really sticks out to me, is the opening of "Gangs of New York".

Off the top of my head the soundtracks that distracted, sucked, or almost ruined a movie:
1. Ladyhawke--A medevil fantasy with an amazing cast and some weird synth prog garbage soundtrack. Didn't fit, and was done poorly.
2. Drive--Some pople LOVE it. I found it odd and ditracting, and did not flow at all. Headache.

I also don't like the cliche and obvious:
"Bad to The Bone" took away the menace of Terminator. On the nose obvious kiddie shit.
"Im Just a Girl" for Captain Marvel. They killed her. She should be so much more than they made her and that song didn't help.

Back