Television MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS (Premieres Nov. 17)

Some great star power on top of some great effects. Looking forward to a well done Godzilla flick.

Their are THOUSANDS of other human drama shows around, I just hope the focus is on the monsters, showing the monsters, conflicts with the monsters, and some monsters.

People dont watch monster movies to see some CW looking dude find a girlfriend in the midst of chaos. They want MONSTERS.... If this does that, it will deliver, but I have my doubts.
Yes, this! I hope they don’t do what they did with the Last of Us....a show about surviving and killing monsters that focused on......Gay relationships. I want to see Godzilla wrecking shit.

Update: October 17, 2023

Official Trailer for MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS; Premieres Nov. 17th

I was so waiting for Godzilla to shake all the dirt off himself like an adorable dog at the end of that trailer, what a disappointment that he didnt

They have already basically confirmed in the trailed it is going to be 95% human drama garbage.....

Too much double chin on Godzilla. Will turn on Apple TV+ for this. I thought Slow Horses S2 was already out, but saw something about a Dec premiere.

Two weeks away, happened to have an offer for 3 months of Apple TV for free so scooped that up and I’m ready to roll.

Two episodes are out. The one actor has a permanent "who farted" look on his face.

There was a flashback scene from one of the movies when Godzilla is rippin shit through San Fran or Tokyo, I forget which. Either way, they did a really good job showing the scope and scale of him. It was the first time in one of those films that I really felt like I understood the size reference they wanted.

I have a feeling those shots of Godzilla in the trailer are the only times you will see Godzilla in this show..

You know I was just watching the 1998 Godzilla, and they really went T Rex with the design. Kinda cool. The latest ones are so fucking huge its hard to get perspective

My favorite Godzilla, bonus if you know the movie:

.1700349508791.png

I think the writers of this show also worked for this guy.

Team_Detail_Maury.jpg

At this point the past story line is better and would've preferred most of the first episode to be in the past that, and then most of the modern day stuff in the second.

But then again if the producers/directors involved felt the same it was likely edited to keep interest in the episode itself.

Last edited:
I like the vibe of the show and that they're not going with a "monster of the week" approach. First episode was a little slow, but kinda expected. Still need to finish episode 2. Expecting the action to pick up as the season rolls on.

Back