Television MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS (Premieres Nov. 17)

Watched the 2nd episode and what's up with the son throwing tantrum in the dad's office throwing shit around and then his mom tearing up old photos like a retard? This show has no likeable characters. Who's paying the rent for the dad's office or does he own it?

The size of the claws stabbing into the ship looked way bigger than the size of the flying monster's claws. The ooze in the ship reminded me of There's Something About Mary.

I liked the first two episodes. The first episode was a little slow. Second episode was a lot better. There's a few parts of the show that the human parts are pretty bad acted but overall I'll watch the whole show

I just watched the third episode.

Did that nuke actually wipe out that Godzilla? Is it just one or many?

I just watched the third episode.

Did that nuke actually wipe out that Godzilla? Is it just one or many?
Well that was in the past.
But they at least think they killed Godzilla. I think they are bringing in Godzilla evolving aspect from Japanese versions into legendary monsterverse.

Last edited:
You know I was just watching the 1998 Godzilla, and they really went T Rex with the design. Kinda cool. The latest ones are so fucking huge its hard to get perspective

My favorite Godzilla, bonus if you know the movie:

.View attachment 1011816
Looks like the Godzilla from the original Godzilla vs King Kong, but like maybe a cheap toy of him?

The 98 one was stupid. They were obviously just riding off the success of the Jurassic Park designs. They also literally said he was a mutant iguana, which, come on now. Fine enough for a monster I guess. Definitely not Godzilla.

Last edited:
Who da fook designed the monster with fiber optics lights near its mouth? It eats fire?

Still no likeable characters so no shits given about the son's back story. What kind of dumbass ditches his big thing right after the woman tells him what a big deal it is?

Boooooooring episode with stupid filler material, I pretty much just skipped until the last 10 minutes.

I'm pretty on the fence about this series. Everything is very... passable. Its good enough to keep you watching but never hits the highnotes. I'm a bit more interested in the 50's timeline partly because... its just more action/monster orientated. Plus the 2010 story has big "teenage group"-vibes that I'm not sure the writers know what they want to do with. It feels like one of those tropes that's more mandatory than inspired.

Other thought.
--Asian teen is dead sexy
--No Jet Jaguar, 0/10 show.

I am losing faith in the series. I will probably watch the rest but it is the sort of show that if I get up to do something I don't bother pausing it.

Same. It’s a cool idea and makes sense to fill out the monsterverse but it just doesn’t keep my attention

I am not even sure that I am going to keep watching.

I hope other people are enjoying the series but I see lots and lots of money on the screen but not a good tv show

No likeable characters and no one or no monster is doing anything interesting. No hot actresses either. Yeah, it does look very expensive to make. It's like high school intern wrote the story.

I wouldn't be shocked if the who farted face guy is the biological daddy of the girl and the boy.

Since when was Godzilla an underground digger like the monster worms from Tremor?

No likeable characters and no one or no monster is doing anything interesting. No hot actresses either. Yeah, it does look very expensive to make. It's like high school intern wrote the story.
I was skipping the episode 4's intro, when I saw the episode's writer. Mila something. I said "shit".

My wife: "Why? Is it a woman?"
Me: "yep."
My wife: "Shit."

<36>

Seeing waifus and idols online, why do the english speaking japanese that westernstudios cast look like indochinese/southern chinese looking.

<KhabibBS>

I stopped watching after episode 4. Did it get any better?

Back