Monster Hunter...Enlighten Me

I’ve put 8 hours into Iceborne and it’s amazing. Well worth the wait and the $$. The swordfish GS is back.
5 month wait for me.

giphy.gif

I just bought and played some Iceborne.

I first beat up snow thingy..well the LBG wasn't working out so I switched to Empress Gunlance and finished it off.

Slayed a master rank Great Girros on multiplayer. Not too tough.

The Banberro is absolutely relentless, which caught me off guard. Even with my Lance set, I was carted three times, but since it was an investigation, I beat it.

The Viper Kadachi, aside from a bad start, wasn't too difficult (looked cool though). The problem is however, is that fights are just taking so long. I whittled it down to be captured, then realized that I didn't have a trap tool, then was carted. Going back to its nest took ages too.

I'm just trying to decide what Gunlance to get next, and I am curious to see what a master rank Urugaan looks like, plus it's armour...

I just bought and played some Iceborne.

I first beat up snow thingy..well the LBG wasn't working out so I switched to Empress Gunlance and finished it off.

Slayed a master rank Great Girros on multiplayer. Not too tough.

The Banberro is absolutely relentless, which caught me off guard. Even with my Lance set, I was carted three times, but since it was an investigation, I beat it.

The Viper Kadachi, aside from a bad start, wasn't too difficult (looked cool though). The problem is however, is that fights are just taking so long. I whittled it down to be captured, then realized that I didn't have a trap tool, then was carted. Going back to its nest took ages too.

I'm just trying to decide what Gunlance to get next, and I am curious to see what a master rank Urugaan looks like, plus it's armour...
Barrioth is the first wall monster. Took me 27 mins with the GS. His moves are so fast I had a hard time finding openings.

Barrioth is the first wall monster. Took me 27 mins with the GS. His moves are so fast I had a hard time finding openings.

Interesting.

The monsters are definitely a lot faster and chaining their attacks one after the other. I fight behind a shield but I do keep getting surprised, and the fights have taken a long time.

Overall it's good so far, but I'm going to pace myself a bit...

@deadshot138 @Wrath of Foamy
Dunno if you've played the previous games(i haven't) but in terms of difficulty, how do the returning monsters compare to their appearances in other monster hunter games?

@deadshot138 @Wrath of Foamy
Dunno if you've played the previous games(i haven't) but in terms of difficulty, how do the returning monsters compare to their appearances in other monster hunter games?

Well the only other one that I played was Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite on the iPad.

It's a hard question to answer, because my experience with MHFU definitely helped me with this game.

The enemies are harder in World, but the controls and gameplay is better. You can do things in World that you couldn't do in Unite (attaching a shield to HBG wasn't viable in Unite).

Also the Felynes put up far more of a fight in World.

I'd say Unite was harder.

Am I the only one having problems in multiplayer?

Ever since buying this, I can join one game, then it says "failed to join game" whenever I try to join anything.

I can get into lobbies, but I cannot join any quests.

Also, loading times have become a lot longer.

Just killed my first Zinogre. It was in MH4U, but it's still a Zinogre damn it! Can't wait to pick up Iceborne but it's nice that I can still go back to 4U and have a ton of fun with it. I put it down for World right at Heaven's Mount with Rathalos, Zinogre, and the Seltas Queen. Rathalos was easy enough, Zinogre burned some Mega Potions but wasn't too tough, and I saved the Queen for last. This is a fight I've really been anticipating, up there with Deviljho and Rajang for me in terms of hype.

Alright I beat the main story. Overall a good expansion although crafting MR armor makes the difficulty pretty trivial. If you want a challenge keep the Drachen set and just craft weapons for the big dick damage.

Alright I beat the main story. Overall a good expansion although crafting MR armor makes the difficulty pretty trivial. If you want a challenge keep the Drachen set and just craft weapons for the big dick damage.

Yeah, so far my biggest problem has been that the fights have been long, but I have been using Luna weapons. I just upgraded my Deathfang Gunlance to its lvl9 upgrade, to see if it will help. I'll miss Guts I'm sure.

I really wish that I could buy tranq bombs in this game.

Barioth is a cool-looking monster, an ice/flying Nergigante/Tigrex. I didn't struggle that much though, as I use Guard a lot and was just able to guard and poke it to capture.

The Nightshade Polumu was my biggest problem so far, as I went to sleep even after a successful block.

Yeah, so far my biggest problem has been that the fights have been long, but I have been using Luna weapons. I just upgraded my Deathfang Gunlance to its lvl9 upgrade, to see if it will help. I'll miss Guts I'm sure.

I really wish that I could buy tranq bombs in this game.

Barioth is a cool-looking monster, an ice/flying Nergigante/Tigrex. I didn't struggle that much though, as I use Guard a lot and was just able to guard and poke it to capture.

The Nightshade Polumu was my biggest problem so far, as I went to sleep even after a successful block.
Pretty sure you can meld tranq bombs at the melder I think

Ok so the endgame is huge and Grindy as fuck. Like the grindiest thing I’ve ever seen. Make some friends or you’ll never unlock every monster in the game.

I'm confused.

I (and someone else) beat the brakes off Velkhana. I used Odogarons misery, a fire Lance.

Then a cutscene happened, I got the victory song and a bunch of meaningless shit, and then I was brought back to Asteras with no purpose nor cutscene.

Last edited:
I'm confused.

I (and someone else) beat the brakes off Velkhana. I used Odogarons misery, a fire Lance.

Then a cutscene happened, I got the victory song and a bunch of meaningless shit, and then I was brought back to Asteras with no purpose nor cutscene.
Was it the repel or slay mission?

Back