Monster Hunter...Enlighten Me

Hiding behind comets 100% works, you have to know where the ecliptic meteor is landing so you can be on the correct side of it. The comets sole purpose is to protect from the ecliptic meteor and it will not guard any other attacks. AT Nerg is the second hardest monster in the game. And you played with randoms who are usually trash looking for carries. When I want to win I usually go find a streamer that’s playing and join his lobby or ask chat if anyone is down to hunt. Also on a couple MHW discord servers. Good help is hard to find in that game. Soloing AT Nerg is your best bet because he’ll have reduced HP and predictable movements. Behemoth is a shit show. I remember farming him for 5 hours and not getting a victory because people sucked dick.
How would you rank the ATs and crossover monsters in terms of difficulty?

Hiding behind comets 100% works, you have to know where the ecliptic meteor is landing so you can be on the correct side of it. The comets sole purpose is to protect from the ecliptic meteor and it will not guard any other attacks. AT Nerg is the second hardest monster in the game. And you played with randoms who are usually trash looking for carries. When I want to win I usually go find a streamer that’s playing and join his lobby or ask chat if anyone is down to hunt. Also on a couple MHW discord servers. Good help is hard to find in that game. Soloing AT Nerg is your best bet because he’ll have reduced HP and predictable movements. Behemoth is a shit show. I remember farming him for 5 hours and not getting a victory because people sucked dick.

Yeah, I've had it where I've stood literally behind the comet, opposite the meteor, and it's blew apart the comet and wiped me out.

Behemoth is a nightmare. If I stay alive, the others die. I've had a few bad runs though, especially in the third zone. I am an absolute tank, equipped with guts and guard, but I tend to get pinned down in there.

Arch Nergi is odd because I very rarely die against it. It's always my teammates dying.

On the plus side, I (and three randoms) took out an Arch Xeno on my last run. We all used HBG's, which was interestino.

How would you rank the ATs and crossover monsters in terms of difficulty?
Extremoth is the hardest monster in the game, then AT Nerg, then Ancient Leshen, then AT Xeno. After that they’re interchangeable imo

Extremoth is the hardest monster in the game, then AT Nerg, then Ancient Leshen, then AT Xeno. After that they’re interchangeable imo
I've been reluctant to tackle the ATs but i'm starting to put builds together to take them on. I went after AT Xeno because i wanted the layered armor and managed to drop him twice after a few fails. I've hunted AT Kush in a group but i want to tackle him solo as well. Outside of the big 3 i could see Vaal giving me the worst time due to the constant HP drain and bow supposedly being shitty with HP regen augment.

I've been reluctant to tackle the ATs but i'm starting to put builds together to take them on. I went after AT Xeno because i wanted the layered armor and managed to drop him twice after a few fails. I've hunted AT Kush in a group but i want to tackle him solo as well. Outside of the big 3 i could see Vaal giving me the worst time due to the constant HP drain and bow supposedly being shitty with HP regen augment.
AT Kush is a pain in the dick but with a bow you shouldn’t have trouble. He flies constantly so it took me 40 mins to kill him with the Greatsword.

New beta this weekend

Made sets of Alpha Bezel and Kushala armour today.

Takes some adjusting if you use a Shield all the time...

I went straight up to Behemoth, stood right there and was promptly squashed...

So my dumbass thought I sold MHW awhile back, I bought it for my pc on steam only to find it later that day ( my Xbox copy ).. I wanted to play it on pc but I’m having a hard time getting myself to put 50+ hours in just to catch up to where I was on Xbox lol

I decided to just start back up where I left off on Xbox, I still have a ways to go to get myself ready for iceborne so if anyone here plays on Xbox and wants to team up just let me know! Fair warning, I’m pretty rusty.. haven’t played since a couple months after it released

Any gamertag for Xbox?

I'm "OftenStabbie", a tribute to my COD:MW2 play style...

Check out their gear as a lot of idiots look for carries. If they aren’t at least HR 50, running part breaker and survivals skills and using a thunder weapon in phase 1-3, they suck cock and shouldn’t be in the lobby
After swatting Jagras numerous times i've now got partbreaker rank 3 on my 1-3 phase gear and it makes a hell of a difference. I'm hunter rank 107 now and i've been running with people who are rank 200+ who have no idea what they're doing in the siege and it's bizarre. Annoying as well.

After swatting Jagras numerous times i've now got partbreaker rank 3 on my 1-3 phase gear and it makes a hell of a difference. I'm hunter rank 107 now and i've been running with people who are rank 200+ who have no idea what they're doing in the siege and it's bizarre. Annoying as well.
Dude I’ve been duoing with people and at the end screen I ended up doing 30k+ damage and breaking 17 parts and the horns. Literally carried them. And still don’t get the ice cb.

Dude I’ve been duoing with people and at the end screen I ended up doing 30k+ damage and breaking 17 parts and the horns. Literally carried them. And still don’t get the ice cb.
If i could give you mine i would. I've had hordes of the most sought after weapons of every other category other than bow...until today.

The RNG Gods blessed me with Taroth Arrow Thunder, Taroth Arrow Water and Kjarr Bow Stream. Add to that my previously awarded Taroth Arrow Fire and Taroth Arrow Decay, i have a Kulve bow for each element which is good. While i'd like to get the missing Kjarr and Taroth bows, with what i have now i have all bases covered.

If i don't get the other bows in the next day before the events end i won't be too disappointed.

If i could give you mine i would. I've had hordes of the most sought after weapons of every other category other than bow...until today.

The RNG Gods blessed me with Taroth Arrow Thunder, Taroth Arrow Water and Kjarr Bow Stream. Add to that my previously awarded Taroth Arrow Fire and Taroth Arrow Decay, i have a Kulve bow for each element which is good. While i'd like to get the missing Kjarr and Taroth bows, with what i have now i have all bases covered.

If i don't get the other bows in the next day before the events end i won't be too disappointed.
The desire sensor is truly real

Last edited:
I and two others just fought AT Nergigante for over 40 minutes.

It cycled around four zones about three times.

We had an amazing healer, with a seemingly never ending supply of potions and wide-range.

Then it broke through my lvl5 guard (Inc guard up) and carted me in one hit, even though my stamina was full.

Must be broken.

I and two others just fought AT Nergigante for over 40 minutes.

It cycled around four zones about three times.

We had an amazing healer, with a seemingly never ending supply of potions and wide-range.

Then it broke through my lvl5 guard (Inc guard up) and carted me in one hit, even though my stamina was full.

Must be broken.
There’s moves that can’t be blocked even with the shield jewel.

There’s moves that can’t be blocked even with the shield jewel.

It's odd, but the ones that carted me were the dive bomb, and I had blocked them many times before, and I still had high stamina.

That loss last night was particularly crushing.

Managed to score Kjarr Bow Decay on the last day of events so was quite pleased. Only missing a couple of essential bows. My Kulve arsenal is now,

Kjarr Spark
Kjarr Stream
Kjarr King
Kjarr Decay
Taroth Thunder
Taroth Water
Taroth Decay

And then some shit ones like Kjarr blast or something. Can relax a bit now and start putting together various loadouts for the Arch Tempered events when they come back around. Also jewel farming for the essential forceshot decoration.

If Velkhana is any indication of Iceborne difficulty, we’re all doomed

On one hand I'm glad you are gaining experience leading into the next rank of MH but you will likely find all that gear farming may have been for nothing. Usually G-rank armor at the 2nd level completely outclasses anything you could acquire at the end of high rank. (I think G-rank is being called master rank in world) Regardless unless they dramatically change the formula of the game I can't see how this wouldn't be true. The only usual benefit is hoping that the master tier of BiS weapons will scale from what you farmed. I honestly could have done more farming but it can really suck as sometimes the changeover from high-rank game to G-rank can dramatically change which weapons are the best and major changes to tier list are possible.

If Velkhana is any indication of Iceborne difficulty, we’re all doomed

There was a pretty big community outcry about how easy the end game was during the earlier stages of the high rank game cycle for world and the developers have explicitly stated that this won't be the case with iceborne. I suspect that people who didn't play 4U and double cross will likely be in for some big surprises coming up. I think back to monsters that were just brutal like magma tigrex from 4U and some of the monsters they have revealed could be pretty awesome that way. Acidic glavenus for ex. could be hellacious as hellblade glavenus at higher levels on XX was certainly crazy punishing.

Back