News Monster Inoue vs Luis Nery in May 6th

he fights in japan about 80%

I love the Japanese product but he really needs to fight in Vegas more to show mettle
If you can put up more money than he generates in Japan, he will

How come Americans have this fixation that somehow fighting in US shows "mettle" but forget to apply that logic to their own fighters? Floyd never fought outside the US, not even against Hatton who was a huge star in the UK. Neither did Ward during the 168 tournament while every other fighter in it traveled at least once. Yet somehow foreign stars should even take pay cuts to fight in Vegas to show their "mettle" & this even though Inoue already fought once in Cali, twice in Vegas, & once in Glasgow (that's 4 times more than Floyd or Ward ever fought on the road)

It is "world" Boxing not "USA" Boxing

Last edited:
So you think that was a clean shot?

Odd that the hooks did nothing but a whiffing right made a guy fall to both knees. Boxing is so fucking fixed it ain’t funny
You are an obvious moron, someone who generates such power doesn't need to land cleanly to KO you especially if it hits the temple & after you took a lot of punishment already for the previous 9 rounds

Slowmo replay showing the hit to the temple

Stick to U fight cheap

You are an obvious moron, someone who generates such power doesn't need to land cleanly to KO you especially if it hits the temple & after you took a lot of punishment already for the previous 9 rounds

Stick to U fight cheap

So boxing fans are retarded

I always assumed, but I wasn’t certain. Here we are folks, certainty

Stick to U fight cheap

This doesnt even show the right cross Inoue landed right before this punch. That landed cleaner than this one and was the beginning of the end for Tapales. The guy youre responding too doesnt know shit.

biggest exposure spot in america
away from home
The biggest exposure for his weight class is in Asia, that's why lighter weight fighters do not fight much in America.

He started fighting there when his brand became strong enough. There was no market for him to headline big cards in the States a few years ago. Naturally, most of his fights are not going to be in the States.

If you can put up more money than he generates in Japan, he will

How come Americans have this fixation that somehow fighting in US shows "mettle" but forget to apply that logic to their own fighters? Floyd never fought outside the US, not even against Hatton who was a huge star in the UK. Neither did Ward during the 168 tournament while every other fighter in it traveled at least once. Yet somehow foreign stars should even take pay cuts to fight in Vegas to show their "mettle" & this even though Inoue already fought once in Cali, twice in Vegas, & once in Glasgow (that's 4 times more than Floyd or Ward ever fought on the road)

It is "world" Boxing not "USA" Boxing

The continued weird insecurity of American boxing fans is a testament to the influence of the pandering nationalist nonsense that promoters use to separate rubes from their cash and a historical legacy that has seen American dominance eroded.

For all the stupid aspects of the U Fight Cheap fanbase, you don't see nearly the same level of flag-waving nonsense. Although in a much shorter timeframe, the UFC has similarly seen American dominance decline, but American fans don't seem to care at all.

This is because they have not been subject to national anthems and other bullshit tricks like that, so they haven't experienced this artificial sense of loss, which feeds into the weird displays of insecurity you see from American boxing fans.

The continued weird insecurity of American boxing fans is a testament to the influence of the pandering nationalist nonsense that promoters use to separate rubes from their cash and a historical legacy that has seen American dominance eroded.

For all the stupid aspects of the U Fight Cheap fanbase, you don't see nearly the same level of flag-waving nonsense. Although in a much shorter timeframe, the UFC has similarly seen American dominance decline, but American fans don't seem to care at all.

This is because they have not been subject to national anthems and other bullshit tricks like that, so they haven't experienced this artificial sense of loss, which feeds into the weird displays of insecurity you see from American boxing fans.

I think it has more to do with people in America have a hard time understanding perspective. Many of them think only in terms of "America = World" without realizing it.

UFC fans do care that Americans get their ass kicked. They just complain differently because UFC is the brand in itself. Their prejudice is more toward non-UFC which sometimes can mean non-American also.

I think it has more to do with people in America have a hard time understanding perspective. Many of them think only in terms of "America = World" without realizing it.

UFC fans do care that Americans get their ass kicked. They just complain differently because UFC is the brand in itself. Their prejudice is more toward non-UFC which sometimes can mean non-American also.

There are of course some U Fight Cheap fans that care. And casual fans in the stadiums will chant USA! because that is the default setting of drunk mobs in every country.

But In boxing, it is relatively common for me to hear particularly retarded opinions from pundits, boxers and fans randomly diminishing a good boxer or pumping up a mediocre boxer. I often first think 'where the fuck did that come from?' and then have the realization that it's an American either talking smack about a foreigner or fluffing a countryman. This happens all the time.

In UFC, it is more rare for such a simple nationalistic explanation for a dumb opinion to be apparent.

You are definitely correct about the idiotic brand loyalty of U Fight Cheap fans though. That is what the UFC promotes - loyalty to itself above all else.

Can you imagine being someone who doesn't watch and/or value the lighter weightclasses? Must be a sad existence.
Brings me to Roy Jones Jr saying Inoue can't be ranked over Bud because Inoue lost to Donaire.

Roy. Your body retired, your brain retired, why won't you?

Brings me to Roy Jones Jr saying Inoue can't be ranked over Bud because Inoue lost to Donaire.

Roy. Your body retired, your brain retired, why won't you?
wait, what? he thinks inoue lost?

Nery is the 2nd top in the division. Inoue also said he will defend twice his belt in this division so the next will still be in this current division.

Back