News Monster Inoue vs Luis Nery in May 6th

jesus.

i mean we all mix shit up, but a pro-turned commentator should not fuck up like that.

was he corrected, or did the journalist just let it slide?
Of course he let it slide. These newer boxing journalists are unwilling to correct anyone for fear of angering them or losing out on future interviews.

Nobody wants to end up the wrong side of a meme. Till this day

One of my favourite all-time boxers, but holy fuck...

Roy in the 90s was one of the biggest reasons I got into boxing, him and Evander Holyfield. I have spent a lot of time letting go of Roy.
Roy spent 15 years being Roy, he's spent 19 needing to retire. His losses have been bad but I don't think any have been as bad as losing to the bloated ghost of Anthony Pettis

So you think that was a clean shot?

Odd that the hooks did nothing but a whiffing right made a guy fall to both knees. Boxing is so fucking fixed it ain’t funny
That was about as textbook as it gets if you watch the replay, the first two knuckles bullseye the temple pretty good. You should watch the replay in slowmo, caught him on the end of the punch too

jesus.

i mean we all mix shit up, but a pro-turned commentator should not fuck up like that.

was he corrected, or did the journalist just let it slide?
Roy thought The Monster lost to Donaire? He should know better. He's a student of the game and it's his job to know this kind of stuff. I'm afraid that it's official. His brain is mush.

Roy thought The Monster lost to Donaire? He should know better. He's a student of the game and it's his job to know this kind of stuff. I'm afraid that it's official. His brain is mush.
donaire was so embarrassed of inoues punches he chose to stop the fight for a nap
and then they gave in our a belt out of pity a good effort belt

Glad Casimero's name came up. I'll occasionally hear from Filipinos that Inoue is ducking Casimero lol.

Also it doesn't matter if Inoue is beating up those guys in Japan or Vegas, he's still beating them up.

The man does not fuck around. Hopefully we get Nery, MJ and maybe Cas or another top name to close out 2024.
I dont even see anybody in the weight above even giving him a peoblem.

The way Rafael Espinoza beat Ramirez by spamming work, he wouldnt dare do that with Inoue and open up to a brick to the skull.

i think everyone's getting it wrong. Roy's brain isnt mush, he just has a supremely shitty take on the outcome of Inoue/Donaire 1. he thinks Inoue lost. he's completely wrong but it doesnt sound like he's losing his mind.

it just sounds like in-group favoritism. American black boxers are very sensitive about any perceived slights against their own.

i think everyone's getting it wrong. Roy's brain isnt mush, he just has a supremely shitty take on the outcome of Inoue/Donaire 1. he thinks Inoue lost. he's completely wrong but it doesnt sound like he's losing his mind.

it just sounds like in-group favoritism. American black boxers are very sensitive about any perceived slights against their own.
Their own?
Nonito isnt black, nor is he Roy’s in-law, and as correct me if i’m wrong, never were part of the same gym.

Their own?
Nonito isnt black, nor is he Roy’s in-law, and as correct me if i’m wrong, never were part of the same gym.
oh, i meant Terence Crawford. shouldve made that more clear.
theres a debate right now online between a lot of boxing media about the #1 p4p. Inoue or Crawford. i have unfortunately seen some less than savory opinions about Inoue coming from fans of Crawford, some of the outright racist variety.
for me, when i see Floyd Mayweather discredit Inoue because he "needs to fight Tank in America" or see Antonio Tarver claim that Inoue has beaten nobody because no one cares about the weight classes he is in so that means Crawford is the #1 p4p, those things carry a tinge of racial preference that really disappoints me. particularly because in the past, Tarver was very complimentary of Inoue. why the sudden about face?

Wait, hold on.. Nery gets KOd at 122, stays for one fight, goes up to 130, then back down to 122, then down to what looks like 118 but missed weight… I stopped following this guy a long time ago… seems erratic.

Back